Home

Have the radiomessages been in included?

oasisfan

Originally posted by FiNLuX

Ehh, I think he means when you can like press a button then choose a message like "go go go" like in counter-strike and then it says so like a taunt. so everyone on your team can here it.

Oh. I don't think I have heard a mention of anything like that being in JA.

Originally posted by FiNLuX

Ehh, I think he means when you can like press a button then choose a message like "go go go" like in counter-strike and then it says so like a taunt. so everyone on your team can here it.

It would be nice to have a wide range of voiced commands/comments bound to keys, like in Unreal Tournament. I certainly hope Raven have at least looked at this for team-based game modes. It would certainly save a bit of time having to type things out (if you're not a script junkie).

And just to cover all bases...I don't think we'll see voice-over-net within the game. It would be a nice feature (particularly if you could 'blank' other players not on your team so you can discuss tactics in real-time), but I don't think we'll see that any time soon for this game series.

I don't see why Random Taunts couldn't be made. An automatic message after a kill would also be nice. One or two taunts like in JO MP simply isn't enough.

If you get a voice actor to come in, or someone to do voice acting, then its not that hard for him to speak 5 or 6 exact phrases :rolleyes: . While I don't want 60 gb of taunt, I wouln't mind adding a couple hundred mb just for speech. And I doubt it would go to high.

They could have used "COMLINK" messages. Essentially the same think as UT except with a different name :D . These would have really been useful during CTF. Slap down on a scripted button to inform them that the base is under attack. Instead of stopping to type this out while a jedi is escaping.

I'm not a slow typer, far from it, but in a game with force speed and the like, timing is everything. I think it would be funny for Raven to include an auto taunt along with others that says.

" Bow to that!" or something along those lines. It would make a direct reference to honor bows as well as have something to do with just getting wiped off the map by a lightsaber / weapon/ explosive :).

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Maybe...

:)

To clarify:

For Siege: maybe.

For CTF etc.: maybe not.

For Duel: Maybe there aren't sounds (other than the taunt sound), but maybe there are, now, a formal set of gestures/anims you can bind to keys.

To clarify:

For Duel: Maybe there aren't sounds (other than the taunt sound), but maybe there are, now, a formal set of gestures/anims you can bind to keys.

Could you possibly change those answers to yes?:p

To clarify:

Sounds good enuff for me, if it's any like the Enemy Territories game then yah I couldnt be happier for the siege mod.

CTF hm..well I guess I'll have to wait and see when the game's released ;)

Oasis

Originally posted by Reclaimer

O Master ChangKhan[RAVEN] has brought us good news for us let us Celebrate!

Well I would have posted a message but the forums wont allow me. Too many pictures... :D Reclaimer knows what I'm talking about :p

Archived