Home

New Sith

ninja

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm inclined to disbelieve the rumor for a simple reason: in Episode 1, there is a short bit of dialogue that goes something like this:

Ki-Adi Mundi: Impossible! The Sith have been extinct for a millenium...

Mace Windu: I do not believe the Sith could have returned without us knowing.

A millenium, as you all know, is 1000 years. The rumor stated "Darth Vicious" (lol, whata name) was defeated by the combined might of the Jedi Council 40 years before. A powerful foe isn't so easily forgotten, methinks.

The whole rumor just smells like "fanboy" to me.

Originally posted by ninja

well what i mean is, alot of people like the idea of new characters. i'm pritty sure they might do that. about the rumor i posted i'm not sure.

It'd really go against GL's style to introduce a new IMPORTANT character in this, the last movie.

If you watch the special features on the DVDs from Ep1&2, you'll realize that he'll introduce an important new character but not give him much screen time in an earlier movie (like Mace in Ep1) but then use him more in a following movie.

@wassup - EU doesn't matter when you're talking about the movies.

Originally posted by Eldritch

It'd really go against GL's style to introduce a new IMPORTANT character in this, the last movie.

If you watch the special features on the DVDs from Ep1&2, you'll realize that he'll introduce an important new character but not give him much screen time in an earlier movie (like Mace in Ep1) but then use him more in a following movie.

[/b]

Not really.

Count Dooku was not even mentioned in Episode 1, so it is not out of Lucas' current "style" to bring in a new character.

It actually makes a lot of sense to have Palpatine communicate with this dead Sith Master. As most of you know, Episode 3 is only 2 years after AotC, giving Palpatine little time to train a new Sith apprentice. Seeking help from his old Master for advice or guidance seems completely feasible, especially since he must complete Anakin's turn to the Dark Side.

But this is still a rumor, a very vague rumor, so I would not place my bets on this at all, but would certainly not call it "retarted".

Originally posted by ckcsaber

But this is still a rumor, a very vague rumor, so I would not place my bets on this at all, but would certainly not call it "retarted".

Dooku did not have to be mentioned in Episode 1 to be 'brought in' because he would be in Episode 2 & 3. If Lucas follows form, Dooku is likely to have a more expanded role in Episode 3.

But in Episode 3, it would make little sense to bring in an entirely new and important character, because he would also have to "explain him away" since Palpatine's mentor isn't seen in the OT.

I would say it goes against what he's established already, so to me, it's retarded.

TheForce.Net Episode III section have been posting a bunch of interesting spoilers.

Christopher Lee can't like this - his character dies within 10 minutes of the opening crawl of Episode III. No word on who's hand he falls by but he isn't needed long for filming since he doesn't play a significant role. In fact, the veteran actor is already finished filming with the exception of some pickup shots later next year though his new digital double is certain to be getting a workout.

:(

The bad guy in Episode III will carry two lightsabers. On an unrelated note, there is a scene where we see Darth Vader getting his name and what it means.

We will just have to wait and see how Lucas handles the changes/additions...

*Please post potential spoiler comments in tags.*

lol to be honest there was new characters we never seen before until another movie comes out. maybe they are not new becuase they were all part of the story. think of the scout troopers we never saw them until episode 6 came out. i can name many others. and i never said anything about having a new "important" character. a new character/characters would be pritty awsome. shoot who knows there could be a new bounty hunter? there sure was plenty of those around.

lets stay open minded and stop bashing people. i never made up this rumor so theres no need to feel threatend. dooku obviosly is gonna die. i mean the movie is so secretive right?. so there leads some interesting twists. sure we all know anny's gonna be vader. and kill all the jedi. now by just hearing that, and if i was'nt a star wars fan i'de just forget watching it. what i mean is if we all know basicly whats gonna happen in the movie, the movie should'nt be so top secret dont you think? so that means theres gonna be new additions. shoot as a star wars fan i hope to see that.

Originally posted by Eldritch

Dooku did not have to be mentioned in Episode 1 to be 'brought in' because he would be in Episode 2 & 3. If Lucas follows form, Dooku is likely to have a more expanded role in Episode 3.

Well, Jabba was unseen during ANH and ESB (originals), but was brought in RotJ with only a vague reference by Han in ANH.

This rumored character does not even seem to have a large role, and I doubt it would take much "explanation" to justify his appearance. It sounds as if this character will be guiding Sidious, just as Obi-Wan guided Luke.

in regards of dooku's death

well if the clone war ends at the begining of Ep III then it makes sense if dooku dies 10 minutes into it as that would pretty much end the war.

as to this rumor.. its an interesting one but i don't think it will happen. and to be honest i don't think i would want to see it.

That set is the most watched set of all time... GL even has a webcam set up so ppl can pay to watch the filming! If Patrick Stewart showed up one day, there'd be a huge commotion, even outside the Star Wars community. It would represent the bridging of two great cult classics: Star Wars and Star Trek, each with millions of fans. Look at the commotion when Temeira Morrisson (sp?) showed up (Jango Fett).

Archived