Home

What is Adventure Gamers?

Adventure games don't generally appeal to everyone - they're generally both incredibly childish and fiendishly difficult. The companies who produce them are usually aiming towards the niche sector of the market that is "Genius Children", so the genre often throws out such titles as "Quackie and the Quantum Physicist" and "Relativity Theory with the Raggy Dolls".

Most of the people on these forums are incredibly intelligent children, aged 10 and under. I know that Marek, the founder of AdventureGamers, is in his sixth year of life, and yet already has an excellent grasp of linguistics and an IQ of around 200. I myself am eight, and am currently majoring in Economics at York University.

If you think you'll be able to grasp adventure games, you should check out this site. The clue is in the music.

Adventure games are certainly not to be confused with adventure TV shows such as 'The Crystal Maze' and 'Treasure Hunt', which contain both too much frivolity and too much excitement (in the form of Anneka Rice) for our advanced yet childish minds.

Welcome, Reclaimer.

Adventure Gamers is the finest comfort zone in cyberdom. This is where you get the digs on what's going on in the world of digital exploration, storytelling, puzzlework, and awesome discoveries. As per your chill time after classes, a fine adventure game and a tasty beverage would be perfect!

The Adventure Gamers Forums is the crib for lovable nits, charming wits, huggable Brits, fancy Canadians, darling Scandinavians, a Spaniard who teases, sexy Malteses, a moos who loves cats, but other than that ........ your garden variety adventure game aficionado loves it here. We're very passionate about our gaming, so if you catch a good, bloody discourse, an informative heads up on a new game, a commentary on someone's review, or simply a capricious moment or two, jump right in!

The Grand Re-opening of AG is, of course, the 26th of August 2003. See ya there.

You better learn to spot irony, hon, or you'll be squished here :) 90% of the answers were taking the piss, if that needs to be pointed out. And 15 makes you one of our younger members, so don't worry. I think Ginny (just 14) is the youngest. As far as I know.

Archived