Home

Turns out species DOES matter

Anakin1607

Originally posted by Kurgan

It may or not matter, but the "FAQ" on the Official site says that players start with "medium style" in the single player game.

They also corrected the character section. Now for all races they say "normal".

Originally posted by Nemios

They also corrected the character section. Now for all races they say "normal".

Actually it says 'medium' for all. I also see this as 'too bad'. I liked the idea of differentiation of species.

Oh well...

Mike

Well, that's a huge disappointment for me. Starting different races off with different stances was a good idea, and if they've neutered it, well, that's a step backwards, IMHO. :( Or if they really wanted to...they could make the first stance selectable by the player to alleviate any problems of people liking a certain race, but not liking their default stance. Oh well...

Bleg I didn't like the idea in the first place, it's just my opinion, but I wouldn't want to set up what I thought was a butt kickin' character, and then get stuck with my least favourite stance... although since it would've just been for the first little while I could have dealt with it.

Originally posted by Khier Serakk

Bleg I didn't like the idea in the first place, it's just my opinion, but I wouldn't want to set up what I thought was a butt kickin' character, and then get stuck with my least favourite stance... although since it would've just been for the first little while I could have dealt with it.

Personally I thought it was a great idea ... despite the mismatch of fave stance/fave character - I mean, wouldn'tt certain species have certain attributtes, regardless of what *YOU* want?

Mike

Originally posted by HaruGlory89

I like the idea, but I found it ridiculous that a twilek should start with medium. We have enough mediums and the only light stance guy is the Rodian. My favourite is the light stance but I hate Rodians...

I agree. I thought that it should be 2L / 2M / 2H. Humans are known for their 'averageness', so both male and female get medium to start. Fine. Zabrak and Kel-Dor come from environmentally hostile planets, IIRC, so their use of heavy would make sense. Rodians are reptilian based, so they would naturally be fast, and Twileks are graceful, so I thought they both should start with fast.

Just my overanalysis of things ... :rolleyes: (at self)

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

I agree. I thought that it should be 2L / 2M / 2H. Humans are known for their 'averageness', so both male and female get medium to start. Fine. Zabrak and Kel-Dor come from environmentally hostile planets, IIRC, so their use of heavy would make sense. Rodians are reptilian based, so they would naturally be fast, and Twileks are graceful, so I thought they both should start with fast.

Just my overanalysis of things ... :rolleyes: (at self)

Mike

I agree with your analysis. :)

I wonder if you will be able to alter your default stance via a cheat in the console. Then we would simply be able to choose the stance we wanted to use at the very beginning.

Well, I remember when you used the setforceall code to above 4 or 5, you were given to extra saber stances. I wonder why they have you only start out as one, although it could be now that I think about, because you are just a Jedi in training so you only really know one way to fight.. (hack at anything that is trying to kill ya ;) )

Archived