Home

JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix

monsoontide

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly.

I have plans for a couple of them for a siege_map I am working on.

The rest I was just going to release when they're done for people to use in their own maps - much in the way you currently download player models.

Though I'll probably package them according to a theme

e.g. speeders, beasts etc or maybe by movie e.g. Phantom Menace, Return Of The Jedi etc

Not at that point yet, so haven't really thought about it!

Should have some pix of Anakins Speeder up this weekend (It's about 85% modeled)

Wow Monsoontide...talk about multi talented! Not only do Raven go ahead and give us NPC models galore to play with for SP maps...you work on a tonne of new creatures and vehicles as well! This is really great for the community, and very exciting! :rddance:

Amazing! I first though that Devback is pic from movie. And that sith speeder... Impressive, really impressive. And Aclay? I'm really waiting towards to get this.

I dunno about that STAP. It looks pretty much like the one Duncan did, but textures are better.

When are you going to release these? I cant wait.

And after those, what are you going to do? More vehicles?

Hey folks! :D

Well, with Duncan_10158's help, we've managed to get my stap model in game. It's a wee bit on the small side (currently - will be fixed) and I have to work out several conversion issues for my models before I can give them to Duncan for converting to in-game but I should work it this week so we can work on getting them finished.

stapingame.jpg

Also working on this model to go with the speeder bike and Scout - No! Really! It will look good! ;)

EwokGlider_WIP.jpg

As part of an MP Endor map

And finally, nearly have Anakins speeder from EP2 done. Just have to work on blending and sharpening the textures so there's no seams. (These textures are VERY incomplete!)

AniSpeedWIP.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their continuing support and assistance.

In the meanwhile, Duncan_10158 has released his Speeder_Bike and Stap models for download, so check them out too!

O.K.

Well, Duncan is just putting the finishing touches on my version of the STAP. Of course owing to the wierd way RAVEN decided to put riders on the vehicles, it's currently impossible to fit the riders to the vehicles properly. (As I've mentioned before, instead of just having a driver tag, they should hav had feet and hand position tags too - but that creates problems with the player animations I'd imagine)

Anyway, I'm just finalizing the skins for the rest of the vehicles, and I sent Duncan_10158 the Dewback to start working on animation and make sure the mesh is OK for animating.

Will release the unpainted mesh with the models so people can reskin the models as they wish.

Archived