Home

my dad's ruger

Hellfire Jedi

banning guns is a stupid idea, that means cops don't have guns?

Um.... No. It's a perfectly sound idea - and cops can have guns :rolleyes:

Ok. I'll go out and get me a gun and go kill sobebody with it. When I'm convicted I'll just say that it was the gun that kill the person.

Um... all they do is shoot. It's not like a knife that cuts up meat to eat but can also be used to stab. Guns are made to kill. I'm sure there are better subjects of art :p

my aim is dead on
Mine too :D but it's mainly Laser Quest and some airgunning.

Also, my friend's dad was in Veitnam(sp?) and he has a couple machine guns, and several(sp?) pistols.

Heh, My grandad used to have a pistol (disabled or something) from WW2 even though he refused to fight in it :p

Uh....all knives do is cut.

Yeah, but it's like saying "all guns do is shoot" which is true but it's how you use it, yes?

Guns may be made to kill but it's what you do with it that's deadly.

If all guns do is shoot then it wasn't my fult that the gun went off? .

Specially built tools to kill, of course it's what you do with it, I never said it wasn't.

The only thing guns do is shoot :/ If you shoot someone it is your fault - you pulled the trigger :rolleyes: Stop trivialising :rolleyes:

You choose weather to use your gun to harm somebody, to defend yourself, target practice, hunting, or whatever else you would use a gun for.

Exactly, why should people have the choice to go out with a weapon specially designed to kill people... To harm someone which will most likely kill someone.

I'm sick of people saying guns kill people. Guns are a tool.

No-one said guns kill people, they said it was a specially designed tool to kill people.

Ergo guns cannot kill because they can't choose. It's is, however, the persons who owns the gun to choose what they will and won't do with a gun.

Knives can't choose either, what is your point? Yes, why should people have such an easy choice to kill or not to kill. no guns = no choice to use a "specially designed tool to kill".

We should not ban guns. We should help keep people who have a petential to harm others from guns. For example, the government should whatever they can to keep criminals from guns and other weapons.

Well that isn't going to solve anything, guns are completely banned here yet we still get criminals with guns, how much easier will it be for criminals if "guns are banned from bad people" to still get one. Not a problem methinks ;) People who haven't commited a crime yet can still get a hold of them and 'then' kill. Criminals just have to get guns off their 'law abiding' friend who is supplying them.

Or if you have some sort of mental illness that could cause you to harm others then they shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

Um..... you think they give people with mental problems guns this now? :confused: think again, man.

Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you are going to kill somebody.

Having a gun makes it easier to kill people.

I feel that we've said all that's needed to be said. I feel that guns shouldn't be banned but that's my opinion. If any of you think guns should be banned that's fine too. We're all entitled to our opinoin. [/b]
I agree but since we're not about to assault each other and it's quite civilised then.. why not? :)

Originally posted by Chase Windu

Yes. It's exactly how you use it. A gun doen't have to kill somebody. It can be used to immobilize a criminal from getting away from a crime scene. It's not good to shoot somebody to imobilize them but it sure beats killing them.

True but it still doesn't mean that it's right to have guns. There are more shootings than there are burglaries.

Saying that knives can't choose is exactly my point. It's what you choose to do with it. If you choose to use it to harm somebody it's your problem.

Yeah, but it's much easier to go out and just shoot someone, rather than - precisely target someone's neck and let them bleed to death/Stab them a number of times in the chest or stomach to makes sure they're dead to stab them in the eye and get their brain etc etc. Most people will reconsider stabbing but shooting is straigtforward - Point and pull, also people are less likely to kill themselves with no guns available or if they go nuts/snap they probably won't stab but will shoot (if that's what they're intending... you get the drift :p).

Well...anything could be defined "specially designed tool to kill". Your hands could be defined as a tool to kill. It's like we we were saying earlier. It's all what you choose to do with it.

Huh? Your hands have tons of other uses than killing people, they're made to do almost everything not just kill = not specialized. Of course things are to do with choosing, it's just that guns are the tool of choice... and lets face it, they don't do much else.

I agree. Guns do cause a sense of power and can cause innocent people to commit crimes. I feel that when somebody buys a gun and register their gun that the government should losely keep an eye on them. Maybe even check in on the person and the gun from time to time. It's not a perfect plan by any means but it could help.

Well the chances are that it isn't going to stop the crime unless, jsut by chance, they checkup on people the day they are committing the crime which is quite unlikely :p

I feel that people should be tested for mental illness/problems beofre they finally buy guns. If the tests come back that they do have problems or may have problems then they don't get a gun.

Well they'd have to be some pretty tough tests, people can develop mental illnesses at any time and alot of illnesses are undetectable alot of the times anyway.

Exactly. So does having a knife or something sharp. It all comes down to what you choose to do with the object.

Well guns are made to kill - put bullet in gun and shoot. Knives and sharp things are made to cut or repair things from cutting cake to to opening up a computer. They're necessary

in reply to the comment on how paintball guns and real guns aren't much different, obviously you've NEVER shot a REAL handgun, i've shot both paintball and real, we own a model of the ruger .22 on the first page, 2 .45's, and we used to have a .38 special. the .22 doesn't kick at all so you can do rapid fire pretty well but unless you have control like a mofo then if you try rapid fire w/a .45 then you'll find that you won't even hit the target ONCE, even if you're 15 feet away. i know from experience because my dad said the same thing to me and i said "whatever i can do it" and i didn't hit the target but once and that was the first shot. you're a fool if you think that games help your aim, i know you were probably joking but there are some people who have never shot a real gun before and end up thinking they're a great shot because they played halo, counter-strike, and other first person shooters. "but what about the games that move the gun when you need to be steady so it simulates realism" nothing can simulate realism completely, if you hold up a .223 AR-15 for the duration of a 30 shot magazine then your arms are going to be TIRED because the gun is fairly heavy when you're trying to keep it steady in the manner that is needed. the only way you are a good shot at REAL guns is if you shoot them on a regular basis (there are some flukes like my bro who went like 10 yrs w/o shooting a gun ONCE and then we went out again and he was hitting targets dead on) but those aren't many, if you're good at paintball, good for you but i gurantee you that someone who shoots a real gun for a week straight will be a better shot than you if you played paintball for 2 weeks straight. someone who shoots a real gun for a week straight will DEFINITELY be better than someone who plays ANY FPS for a year straight. with that info put in i will leave and let you all bask in the knowledge from the only state where guns are considered a regular and VERY proper gift for EVERYONE, Wyoming :):D;)

Originally posted by Tie 23

I have always wanted a soft pistol, and oh yeah, my brother has a .22 long rifle rimfire 597 remington, ten shot clip and semi auto-matic, pretty sweet Remington597.jpg

Yes, that is my gun and proud to own and operate it. But my gun doesn't have the silver barrel. I just have the regular.

Originally posted by Sam

I have an armotech zues, besides needing Co2 and the mag being on the top I really cant see the diffrence between it and a real pistol.......lol maybe I have untrained eyes.

if you use a real pistol you will notice the obvious difference.

Archived