Home

dark jedi or sith

Saber_Burn

ok call me a dunce ( u probibly will)

but ive never really understood the differance between a dark jedi

e.g Jerek (DF2 JK)

and a sith e.g palpatine

is it just because a dark jedi was once on the path of light and has fallen or is it something else

any help here is apercated

:lsduel::wstupid::beam2:

Well. Im not to sure about this but here is what I think:

Siths. There can only be two Siths. The Master and his apprentice. They are the most powerful people around... Very dangerous. Only to be confronted by real Jedi Masters.

Example of Siths: Palpantine and Vader

Dark Jedis are less powerful, in JA they are the Reborns. They are like usual jedis, only dark.

from http://www.starwars.com

the sith cult can find its roots further back in the galaxy's ancient past. Long before the Republic rose, there lived a culture on the planet Korriban. These primitive people were called the Sith, and the Force flowed strongly through their bloodlines. Although they didn't practice the Force as the Jedi would, they were talented in their own brand of magic.

In the early days of the Jedi, a great schism tore the order apart. Jedi who had tapped the forbidden power of the Force's dark side rebelled against their light-sided brothers. After a terrible war, the Dark Jedi were exiled from the Republic. Past the Republic's growing borders, these castaways discovered Korriban and the Sith people.

Powerful with the dark side, the Jedi outcasts set themselves up as gods on Korriban. The primitive Sith worshipped them as their lords, and so the Jedi grew, and built temples and monuments to celebrate their power. Millennia of interbreeding blurred the distinction between Sith native and offworlder, and the term Sith came to encompass not only the indigenous people of Korriban, but also the powerful overlords that ruled them.

i hope thats explains it for you :)

quote:the sith cult can find its roots further back in the galaxy's ancient past. Long before the Republic rose, there lived a culture on the planet Korriban. These primitive people were called the Sith, and the Force flowed strongly through their bloodlines. Although they didn't practice the Force as the Jedi would, they were talented in their own brand of magic.

In the early days of the Jedi, a great schism tore the order apart. Jedi who had tapped the forbidden power of the Force's dark side rebelled against their light-sided brothers. After a terrible war, the Dark Jedi were exiled from the Republic. Past the Republic's growing borders, these castaways discovered Korriban and the Sith people.

Powerful with the dark side, the Jedi outcasts set themselves up as gods on Korriban. The primitive Sith worshipped them as their lords, and so the Jedi grew, and built temples and monuments to celebrate their power. Millennia of interbreeding blurred the distinction between Sith native and offworlder, and the term Sith came to encompass not only the indigenous people of Korriban, but also the powerful overlords that ruled them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope thats explains it for you

end of quote

erm yes but there are still a couple of gaps

if there was a planet dedicated to the dark side why isnt there a light side planet.

also if the jedi can sense oyher force users

why didnt they find the planet them selfs

ok im nit picking but that explaination is good but you have to admit there are gaps

tnx for the help though:duel::lsduel::lightning

ok, the planet wasnt dedicated to the dark side. Remember the Sith is a race, and Dark Jedi were the first people they met who harnessed the Force better, so they worshipped them, and became Dark Force users. If Light Jedi found them first, then the Sith would probably be Light Side Jedi.

But if you think about it, couldn't you say Yavin 4 is a planet for Light Side Jedi, since it holds the Jedi Academy?

The way I see it, the Sith are Force users who only tap into the Force's Dark side to ruthlessly obtain their goals. The Sith also abide by the laws of the Sith (like the master and apprentice duo) established by Darth Bane 2,000 years ago. (if taken from the Galactic Civil War period of Star Wars history)

Dark Jedi, on the other hand, are not bound by the rules of the Sith. Case in point; Jerec had SIX followers. Unlike the Sith, who only use Force powers from the Dark side, Dark Jedi don't care which side of the Force they use in a given situation, as long as it accomplishes their needs, hence the reason why Yun used Blinding, a Light side power, in JK. However, this "hybrid Force" combination, instead of following purely Light or Dark side, taints their connection with either side of the Force at large and weakens them somewhat, explaining why Dark Jedi tend to be weaker than true Sith or Jedi. Since there are no limits to how many of them there are, however, they rely more on strength in numbers rather than Force mastery.

Anyway, that's my idea of how Dark Jedi and Sith are different. Hope that helps.

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

The way I see it, the Sith are Force users who only tap into the Force's Dark side to ruthlessly obtain their goals. The Sith also abide by the laws of the Sith (like the master and apprentice duo) established by Darth Bane 2,000 years ago. (if taken from the Galactic Civil War period of Star Wars history)

Dark Jedi, on the other hand, are not bound by the rules of the Sith. Case in point; Jerec had SIX followers. Unlike the Sith, who only use Force powers from the Dark side, Dark Jedi don't care which side of the Force they use in a given situation, as long as it accomplishes their needs, hence the reason why Yun used Blinding, a Light side power, in JK. However, this "hybrid Force" combination, instead of following purely Light or Dark side, taints their connection with either side of the Force at large and weakens them somewhat, explaining why Dark Jedi tend to be weaker than true Sith or Jedi. Since there are no limits to how many of them there are, however, they rely more on strength in numbers rather than Force mastery.

Anyway, that's my idea of how Dark Jedi and Sith are different. Hope that helps.

this seems to be the best explaination ive heard thanks for clearing it up for me

Originally posted by joetheeskimo5

Star Wars cannot and will never be able to explain all the gaps in their stories. But it's pretty vcool to learn about Sith, Dark Jedi and their history. :)

I used to have a lot of information about the Jedi & Sith explaining all sorts of stuff but I can't find it.

BTW, is the guy that is voted to the council( Senate) in episode I by the princess, dark? This guy is shown in a scene in episode II as talking alone with Anikin telling him how good he is and everything. Is there something that I'm missing or is this some sort of a deep plot in the story line or something?

Sith are evil jedis by definition that are born bad. Dark jedis are just jedis that decide to go to the "dark side" and aren't super natually powerful.

Originally posted by MasterSidious

BTW, is the guy that is voted to the council( Senate) in episode I by the princess, dark? This guy is shown in a scene in episode II as talking alone with Anikin telling him how good he is and everything. Is there something that I'm missing or is this some sort of a deep plot in the story line or something?

Sith are evil jedis by definition that are born bad. Dark jedis are just jedis that decide to go to the "dark side" and aren't super natually powerful.

The guy you're talking about is Master Sidious, your avatar and username. He is a Sith, becuase in Episode I he's the master of Darth Maul, then in Episode II he's the master of Count Dooku, then in the rest of the movies, he's master of Darth Vader. He is one of the two Sith, the Master.

Archived