• Fincayra
    • Varigal
    • Lartuen
    • Gallos
    • Tyriis

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every city, town and location on this planet was named for a reason. Although I voted for Tyriis, I do agree that we should pick a name that means something. And like I said in the other post, I don't mean Affiliates backwards.

Most areas were named either because of geographical reasons, or named after the person who first discovered them. I think we should use the same system.

Gaalgoth, Dinn, Lush Valley in some other language (you may think that's corney, but Los Angeles was first called "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reyna de Los Angeles de Porciuncula", which means something along the lines of "The Town of The River of Our Lady the Queen of the Angels of Porciuncula"), Dinn's Sanctuary… These are just some thoughts that are running through my head. I’m trying to think of what I would name the area if I were the founder. After the long trek through the mountains (with no Scout skills), they finally open up to a large valley, and in the distance I can see the ocean (I probably could if this was real life). It’s a beautiful sight, and all I can do is smile. I’ve finally made it. Now, what do I name the place?

Well, people tend to disappear near our PA location... I think it is a haunting... like that fishing trip we went on WAY back when, and a bunch of us vanished. Or more recently, when I was taking a trip with Ka'lar for harvester checkups, I *poofed.* And after that, Baboo and I lost each other until we left the PA area. Neither of us could see or hear each other.

Maybe we should name our city after the things that describe it.

We live in a valley

Soft breezes could blow through our valley

Flowers grow in the fields we live near

The ocean is nearby

Mountains are to the north of us

We are a trade city

The town is safety

Gentle aromas from the flowers could fill our streets

......... Hmm, we could add something to my idea, as I am really out of them...

Trademeet

hehe we have some weird things going on around there..."setaitiffa" there you go grask affiliates spelled backwards...

I like the double "aa" in a word, and the "Oth", at the end of a word. I don't know why but I just do.

now I would call it...

Graados

mos montis (sounds too tatooine to me but it's latin lol)

liaison (this is "bind in french)

Laaoth(modifyed ^ to SWG style)

Lido (italian for beach)

Liido (modifyed ^)

Klar (norwegian for plains)

Klaar (modifyed^)

thalassinus (this is latin for green sea)

(no mod for this one I think this is amazing since it's a green sea; in a way):D :D

Klar (norwegian for plains)

Klaar (modifyed^)

Uhum, Norvegian Expert here. :)

Klar means:

- Ready

- Clear: his head is clear, in order, not suffering from alsheimer :) that kind of meaning, I guess lucid describes it best :) . Or: Klar himmel = Clear sky.

- Klar-lakk = Translucent paint

But I've never heard of it as plains before, unless you are thinking of plain speach (klar tale).

W00t!

Some good ol' fashioned brainstorming this is what I'm talking about.

How about being far from everything but close enough to not have trouble getting to it?

Closest city is lake retreat

How about Dinn's Retreat or <insert some cool language that I don't understand word for Ocean or Sea> Retreat.

I mean our place is going to be a lot more entertainer-based and a lot more relaxed so it IS a retreat, a retreat from the grinding of SWG.

Grinding Retreat?

/shake <self>

Just keeping the storm alive.

~SK~

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Plains = sletter, or slettelandskap

A 'slet' in my language is a B.i.t.c.h. ... or more like.... some one who sleeps with everyone and dumps them the next day.... so.. how much i dont care what out city name will be.... i dont want that name.... :)

ok guys... i make 2 frikken threads to come up with some cool names.. and NOW your comming with them :p :P

ok keep this going , make me a list of names..

blithedale

Blithe-Peaceful

Dale-Valley

i thought maybe we could set somethin else in there, not to make it long, but maybe a short word for villiage or town. I made this name from lookin in the thesaurus.

let me get a couple more

Haleport

hale-safe

port-haven

all i got for right now

do you honestly wanna hear people say"I'm hoppin a shuttle to Safe Haven!" i know i dont, i like the word safe haven, cause that is what we are, safe. but lets expand on that more, I gave Haleport, i know it isnt the best, so lets get some more suggestions

Why not just go with Armonia? I like that one. :)

So, it resembles Armenia, so what.

Tatooine is a real place here on earth (spelt differently, but pronounced the same way) Endor was a biblical thingy (right?), Hoth was the name of a German General (or was it Field Marshall, I forget) during WWII .........

I'm not saying we should go with that name cause I say so, but we shouldn't get too hung up if it happens to resemble something from our own universe, that's all I'm saying. :)

For the Sufix "port", we are too far from the sea really. :D

And I don't like Safe Haven at all. :)

Sorry, that sounds weird.

For the valley, I suggest Kendal Valley. :)

Archived