Home

Oops! You're Racist.

SamNMax

I don't know about any of you, but homophobia is a big issue at my school. Why just today, I heard at least 20 people bash gays. "What is wrong with them?" I ask a few people. No matter who the person is, they always give the same answer. "If I ever met one, they would make an advance towards me."

What the hell are their problems? None of them are going to make an "advance" towards them, because those guys are stupid, gay bashing asses.

The piont of this post is: If you can't live in a sociaty where someone can make their own life choise, then do us all a favor, and get out of our site.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you and think there is nothing wrong with gays. I have plenty of friends who are gay, and it annoys me when people think this is weird. I was at a concert with a friend the other day, and he saw a guy he had played tennis against last spring and golf against this fall. He was like "see that guy? he's bi" like it was some big wierd deal. People can be strange. People are who they are, it's not something that can be changed.

It is kind of uncomfortable to have people of the same sex make advances on you. But it's not a big deal. You do the same thing you would do if they were the opposite sex and their attentions were unwanted.

This is my opinion on the matter. Others can have their own. I'm not sayinf it is right or wrong, it just is, and I think that it's much more important how a person behaves (is a good person, etc) than what their sexual orientation is.

One reason many people don't support homosexuality is the personality change of a majority of people who suddenly become homosexual. I know, for a fact, that the homosexual guys at my school just-don't-interest-me as friends. Yes, you can say, they're allowed to act different, and they do. But it's not the kind of personality I, and many others, are looking for. This leads many people to just plain dislike of the people as a whole.

*shrug*

I guess the main reason is that they think gays are trying to make advance towards them. Somehow they think they can't stop them from doing that or ignore them. In that way they may somehow feel weak. Maybe how women do when they are stalked by 'admirers'. It has a lot to do with roles and upbringing.

I think in this millennium we should all be tolerant towards gay people and treat them like we would others (there's nothing worse than turning 180° and be all nice to someone because (s)he's gay). Not because it's hip to do that, but because we are educated and informed.

Originally posted by Mr.Burger

but you can't understand how people don't support homosexuality? who, then, is being narrow-minded?

I can understand why they dislike it and are uncomfortable. For example, what Ernil said. That makes perfect semse and as long as you aren't awful to someone because of what they are, thats great. I don't think homosexuality should be supported, just not ridiculed and dissed. It should just be left alone and treated with respect as you would anyone else. It comes down to just being tolerant. But I can see (with religous beleifs and stuff)why people think its wrong, I just don't think that the people who can't help what they are should be treated any differently than anyone else. They shouldn't get special privledges, nor should they be denied privledges. (In Maine it is legal to disciminate for jobs; you are within the law to not hire someone on the sole purpose that they are homosexual, I think this is horrible personally. If you can't discriminate by race, age, etc; why should you be able to because someone is gay?)

I think if you don't like it, just ignore it and don't be mean. And I think the same thing if you are ok with it.

The only thing that bothers me is when people make a big deal about being gay. I'm not talking gay pride. I mean like, telling you you're wrong becasue you are straight. I just can't deal with that.

Summed up in a few words: I can see why people don't like it. That's fine. I just think people should be tolerant of others.

Originally posted by RayJones

intolerance begins if someone says "i am better than you because i am not like you"

Not always. Intolerance can begin also when "YOU think that YOU are better then me..." or simply "You are better then me..."

Intolerance is one of the biggest human flaws, and its led to the biggest losses of human life...

oh, and

all the silly people in this universe live on this one earth i say.

I've been studying this planet for sometime now...My reports indicate that this is affirmative...

i have big eeeyees

I used to be...afraid I guess you could call it...of gay guys...but then I had no problem with gay girls...so when I think about it....I was just being an idiot.

To each his or her own.

I think, eventually, we will learn to live with it.

Cause its really none of your business unless you are gay yourself. Its just human nature trying to find differences...any differences...wether it be because you are gay..bi....white...black....asian...whatever... its all one in the same and means nothing whatsoever.

all the dumb jocks at my old school would always give the gay guys a hard time....ruining their lives, while they had no problem with the lesbians at the school.

I dunno where most of you live...or...whatever....but in the US we are guaranted...life...liberty...and the pursuit of happiness....and in no way should there be laws against gays....simply because they are gay...its no different from when the blacks couldnt sit in the front of the bus back 70 years or so.

I was extremly......narrow minded untill I realized what I was doing....antagonizing....them for no reason other than my own amusement. Its wrong, and I understand that now.

I wish we could all just get along, but I guess thats impossible.

The 'white power' gang at my school talks crap on me cause I always hang out with this asian girl. And because my other friend marriana is bi. Its all dumb, and should never have been an issue in the first place.

Its in our nature to be jackasses....to think we are better than someone who is different than ourselves. It means nothing.

anyways...my two cents......I meant in no way to offend anyone.

I feel compelled to say something here. That's what I hate about these kinds of threads. Everybody throws in their two cents and if you're silent, well, you're probably disagreeing with everybody and you're a pompous, narrow-minded asshole.

I'm a Christian. Before any of you launch into huge speeches about what pompous, narrow-minded assholes my brethren and I are, I wish you to consider that, while we do believe homosexuality is a sin, it doesn't mean that we treat them any differently from any sinner (i.e. anyone.)

Please don't start a debate. I really despise debating, I'm tired, and I have a headache. If you feel like fighting people, head over to the Senate Chambers in jediknight.net.

Peace,

Alia

I try to treat everybody exactly the same. I mean everybody, people that you'd feel compelled to beat to death if you saw them. I treat everybody as an individual. I wouldn't hate someone because they "belonged" to a particular "group". I think that everybody has a right to their opinion and there is no absolute right or wrong. Sure, I have my own opinions and I might not agree with other people but I'm not going to ram my opinions down other people's throats, though I will usually let them know what I think. I hope what I've just written doesn't sound like I don't mind people being gay but I really disagree with it and think it's wrong because that's not the case. I don't think there's anything wrong with being gay. Hmm, what was this thread about again?

I'm a Christian.

With Andy. Along with...

Before any of you launch into huge speeches about what pompous, narrow-minded assholes my brethren and I are, I wish you to consider that, while we do believe homosexuality is a sin, it doesn't mean that we treat them any differently from any sinner (i.e. anyone.)

Her side there too. G'day.

Ahhh... ok. I hope you consider yourselves sinners because nobody's perfect. I'm an atheist myself and I don't like the concept of absolute morals that "sins" represent. I think if there was a god and they didn't want you doing certain things then they'd make them impossible to do. I'll stop, before this turns into a huge speech ;)

Nothing wrong with being gay, straight or bisexual. I don't understand why people get so angry about those who are gay/lesbian/bisexual because it has no implication on their own life.

It's as silly as picking on someone because they're a certain blood group.

Archived