Home

We Are The Last Of A Dying Breed.

AndrewL

Is this all that is left of Steve's lil cult following?

Anyway, I just bought the wizard magazine from 97 that had the Sam & Max halloweed comic in it. Also some weird role playing book that has a couple of pics Steve drew. My collection is nearing completion.

i would invest in instant dates instead..

i mean one of those "just add water and at violine.. a complete girl from the opposite gender" things. fabulous.

skinkie, there are several things we could do against your depressive feelings. throw a ball, read a book or better play a game.

the game we are going to play now is called bump-a-thread. you go first and set up the rules plus make the first move..

we others stay back and watch how you're doing and see if it's accepted by the mods.

• 3 weeks later...

AFAIK, a lot more people visit this board and the samnmax.net site than are actually registered here. A few people I know do, and they're not even hardcore samnmax fans. I'm sure all those dorment purcell-o-philes will wake up when the demo is released (not too long now..., spring is almost upon us...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been a Sam'n'Max fan since I was little. I used to watch the cartoons on C4.

When I got the game the sound didn't work. Bummer.

But then I bought DOTT and got SnM as well. This copy allowed my to plough through its files. Sound works.

As for the new game... I don't know... they cancelled Full Throttle II. At least if it fails to materialise then we can complain.

What I want is MM3, but only if its cartoony, like CMI.

Sorry, I'm rambling. I do that sometimes.

If you want to check on the game, you can go to LucasArts website

here.

I don't get all the worry about whether or not it'll come out. Despite what you may think, there are a lot of fans out there (though some, ie: me, only check the posts every few weeks, and post at t much more infrequent rate...), and pretty graphics will probably attract some new fans.

FT2, despite FT's awesomeness, did not have the semi-empire that Purcell has built up with the books and the show and such. Besides, now that mags like PC Gamer have put it on their most anticipated list, I have no more doubts.

hang on... *checks "Best of 2003" issue* AHHH! They listed FT2 as one of their top ten of last year! PANIC! Still, waiting for april with enthusiastic optimism. And hey, at least we can still hear the voice of Sam on Ripping Friends re-runs...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I just found this site, figured I'd register. I'm a huge Sam and Max fan, 37 years young, and more of a reader than a poster usually. I heard the bad news on the game being cancelled, but hopefully we'll get something new soon. I know I will at least, I finally ordered the VHS tapes today. Be happy, whenever I order VHS tapes that title gets put on DVD within 6 months!

I've beginning to take Sam and Max Hit the road to school. IT's slowly taking over the brains of my classmates. I've been a S&M fan since there was nothing to watch on TV, I was flipping channels, suddenly I saw a talking dog and bunny. The rest is history.

I'm not too old, but I could always remember my cousin playing this really funny game with amazing graphics in it, and then they played this battleship style game with bombs (I thought it was unfair the bunny was peeking). Anyways, the night I saw that amazing thing always stuck with me (Sam and Max: Hit the Road), and when the cartoon came out, I made the connection, but I still wasn't sure about it. So, anyways, about a year ago, I was at a site where they had the game for download, and I knew I recognized it, so I got it, and laughed my ass off all the way through it.

Soon I became obsessed, and did my research, it turns out I was a fan of Sam and Max for about 10 years, and I didn't even know what they were called. So, this is where I am today, trying to scrounge up what stuff I can that relates to Sam & Max, the only thing I've managed to find so far were the videos. I can't find a legal version of the game anywhere, and none of the local comic book stores have any comics, but atleast they vaguley know what I'm talking about.

The game cancellation was especially frusterating for me because I hoped that the new game release would bring about new memrobelia and collectables. So, here I am, fighting for the cause, and letting LA know their mistake.

heh, yea i think it's harvey tinkler that does the very memorable voice, damn I'm a nerd. I still remember the name.

Actually, you combined the two voice actors names (Robert Tinkler and Harvey Atkin.)

I can't find a legal version of the game anywhere

Try Ebay, copies of it are always up.

aww c'mon mister. why not?

story:

hey, sometime i do post on an internet forum. ther're a lot of dudes and such. it's really fun. i also enjoy cooking and playing with my lego. favorite music style is hiphop. yo.

oh and yeah, i am definitly a huge fan of sam and max. the game.

moral:

oh. no. *slap*

see? it's easy. you should immediately try it, now. immediately.

Archived