JekRendar

What should Jek do?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What should Jek do?

• Master Bounty Hunter
    • BH Carbines IV and Carbineer dabbler
    • Master Carbineer...freeing up points to spend elsewhere
    • Other (please specify below)

Well, I finally took a couple BH missions, and... they sucked.

They were paying a little under 7k each. Not bad right? Wrong.

Here's what I didn't like about them:

[*]The total weapon XP you get from your target is only about 3k.

[*]You have to usually travel several klicks away from any city.

[*]You need to spend AT LEAST (in my case) 5.5k on cloning and insurance.

[*]Did I remember to include the cost of powerups/buffs/armor?

[/list=1]

Of course, I wasn't using any armor. Why? Because lordy knows where Vega is. Plus, I admit I don't have uber BH skills I was using a carbine, I admit, and I could have equipped a pistol and gotten an easier mission, or I could just not have equipped a weapon at all...then I could have gotten a lvl 5 mission.

But, that's not really my problem. My problem is dabbling in BH isn't really the answer to become more powerful. I'm 0200 BH and 1111 Carbineer. In order to reach my fullest potential I need to Master one or the other, or go 0400 and something like 1312 Carbineer.

I'm a soloist, my playing times are late at night, when very few other players are on. That means, that I can't afford to give up Medic (currently 4204-I had to sacrifice alot, I was almost Master). Plus, I have purchased a lot of Medicine materials. It remains to be seen if Corzip gets his Medicine Vendor up. If he does I can drop all up Medic, except for the novice box.

Also, for BH, I had to sacrifice Entertainer. That one prolly hurt me the most. I die, and don't clone, I have over 100 mind wounds and BF. Ouch! Which can't be healed the time I'm on, unless I was to spend MORE credits going to Theed...another 654 credits from Narmle.

If I drop BH entirely, I can pick up Entertainer again and a few skills in it. If I drop Carbineer and pick up Master BH, I can also pick up Entertainer and Medic, only Novice boxes, but I'll be pretty powerful.

Also, if I drop BH, I can drop some parts of Scout, which I'd hate to do because I've worked so hard on it. But even if I don't, I prolly could pick up Doctor and Master Carbineer, which is due for some fixing up.

Of course, I could dabble in both, BH Carbines IV and some Carbineer, just enough for Crippling Shot and ChargeShot1 and some others.

So, you decide. Please, don't answer with "I don't know, you decide, I'm not going to make your decisions." Or, "I can't make up my mind enough." - which are typical answers to these kinds of surveys.

Also, instead of picking up Doctor...I could pick up Squad Leader...nah!

Thanks.

Carbines suck in the beginning.

Always have a pistol ready to be used, and skills to prperly use it.

Once you reach Novice Carbineer however, you can start trading away your pistol skills. An advice I got from Leemu is to go for Expert Marksmanship first as the special action it gives is one of the most powerfull action the Carbineer has. I'm there now, but need a trainer. :)

Will train ones I get online in a minute.

hehe yeah go carbine, you seem to like it better anyways. :) and I think that's the road more suited for you. and then you can master medic (if you want to.) and you have master scout...heh you won't need trapping, and hunting as much as the other two. or drop rifle in marksman. until mastering carbine keep pistols, like jan said. :p and you'll be good to go...and pretty nicely rounded out.:D

You don't have to master carbine before losing pistol skills, but atleast work on your pistol for the most part in the beginning, and use the carbine to knock down those lairs or bases. Then when you hit Novice Carbineer and you get yourself a kickass carbine, then you can start to use the carbine for the most part. :)

I still keep a DL44 at my side though and the required skills for it, just in case. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Carbineer!

I got carbineer as my holo too, its great, so much cooler than BH since you have alot more skill points left over to do whatever else you want. Like defensive dabbling or something (will probably get a nerf soon tho :p)

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

From what I hear, they [the devs] are going to have it so that you only get the mods of the weapon you have equipped. So no more stacking of dodge etc. IMO it should have been like this from the begining.

I agree, won't matter really to me though. My ranged defense and melee defense is going to hopefully be over 150 each.

From what I hear, they [the devs] are going to have it so that you only get the mods of the weapon you have equipped. So no more stacking of dodge etc. IMO it should have been like this from the begining.

....They don't stack, never have, never will. The reason why pistol/fencer owns is awesome defense (kd 100) 69/69 melee/ranged defense from fencer alone.

So if you have 110 dodge from fencer you will only get that not the 100 from pistoleer too.

@Neoc Once I get back A. I wanna duel you. B. Lets pimp some imps.

~SK~

What the hell? Six boxes of swordsman in one night? That's WAY too fast... I'm taking my time and enjoying each level of it, like I did with Musician.

And I'm wondering... Master Musician gives me a +6 defense bonus against melee and ranged attacks. Would that +6 work for me when using a sword, or only if I have a instrument equipped? If it's the latter, then that's a bit of a dissapointment...

Originally posted by MandalorianRage

What the hell? Six boxes of swordsman in one night? That's WAY too fast... I'm taking my time and enjoying each level of it, like I did with Musician.

your completely right x' ero. take your time with the game. that way you dont easaly get bored with it :)

Exp is pretty easy to get. 4k exp every 5 secs seems fast but if your not counting down time then /shrug. I was helping arina get 100k+ every 20mins and we were really just messing around.

Second thing wtf is up with swordsmen? why are so many people going into it? I was swordsmen, it was great for PvE (tka is just as good, and fencer is better) but it sucks, just sucks at PvP. Although I love to have it when fighting a at-st or Tower (3-5k dmg on towers owns).

Neoc, send me a tell when you want to go pvping some time. I will prolly be busy the next few days helping arina and getting income laid out but next week sounds good.

And I'm off.

~SK~

Archived