Home

The Official RotS Spoiler Pictures Thread

Surfnshannon

Ok, I'll help.

With real people you have to direct them and make sure they all get it right. If all costumes are the same size you have to get all actors who wear the right size. You have to feed the actors as well when they are on set.

How many are we talking about here 50-100-200?

50 is a lot to do all those things with. It's more trouble with real people even if it does cost less.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed, and if you pay by the job. That means pay for each take. And with real people acting you are bound to have mishaps. This leads to having to do more than one take. There's more to the picture than some of you are seeing, and I don't blame you. Not everyone knows what goes on behind the scenes.

I mean they could combine CGI with actual people. Like real people for the shots that count, like close-up battle shots. GL is a rich mo'fo' anyway, and practically any amount of money he puts into this film, he will always get a lot more out of it.

I seriously think the films would be a hell of a lot better if they used the exact same methods as they did in the orignal trilogy.

Originally posted by witchfinder

I seriously think the films would be a hell of a lot better if they used the exact same methods as they did in the orignal trilogy.

They are, just replace physical models with digital ones. True they use a lot of digital backgrounds, but it's easier than crafting actual sets 9 times out of 10.

Easier yes, but painted environments, crafted environments and models look oh so much better.

Cost more too.

Eh, guess we can't complain. Not like it's going to change anything.

Agreed.

BRING ON THE PICTURES!

Wallpaper I did up sometime back... I forget when exactly.

In the future, could you try not to just end a conversation by simply dismissing it and proclaiming someone as to incompetent to grasp the matter at hand? Could you be more insulting? Really?

Yes, I'm sure they would of had a boatload of takes, what with how hard it is to have someone run ten feet in sand, run through a doorway, or just stand at attention. I bet they would of had to have at least 50 takes for each one of those scenes if they would have had to use real people. *powers down sarcasmatron*

How many lines did clone troopers deliver on screen in the last one? Five? Reading dialogue is where you get the high count of takes and even then, most of what is said by them are one liners.

As I said before, I have no problem with the CGI ones in expansive shots. So, no, I don't think they'd need an excessive amount of extras to do this. The only place I said they should be used is the close up scenes, not the ones where you see a lot on screen. There are not even very many close-up scenes like that to do.

Catering expenses? That's grasping at straws.

T'bone just posted a blog with some new pictures in it. You can check them out here.

There's a really neat close up of Anakin's arm.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Catering expenses? That's grasping at straws.

Damn! I was hoping you'd like that. ;)

Just trying to point out that there are additional costs to having actual people not to mention all the SAG rules.

But either way I'm pleased.

I do think that GL gets a little CGI crazy. But it kind of fits his personality to do CGI troopers because he directs more during the editing process than he does when he actually shoots. You can see this in the TPM documentary.

I'm not really sure how to word this - but I think that GL is doing it CGI not because it costs more or less, not to deal with actors or what have you. I think its because he wants to do more than just to create a star wars movie - he wants to break new ground? What ever the expense. Whether its poor acting etc. Its all about "being the first" do certain things in movie making. Does anyone understand me?

But I do agree that Yoda looks a hell of a lot better in this pretrilogy than in the OT. We are just partial because that's the way we first saw Yoda. But hell if he could have a great battle like he did in the last one.

not to be nit-picky ... actually wait, i AM being nit-picky ... the more and more i look at the high-res wookiee shot (because it's set as my desktop wallpaper), i notice that after the first 2 or 3 rows there are only a handful of characters used that are repeated and altered in minor ways - color, accessories, etc. i can cleary see one wookiee at middle-right of the scene (reddish-brown fur, holding a bowcaster, looking to his left), that is repeated a few more times, most visibly on the left side of the scene.

not that i have a problem with it ... it's an efficient means of CGI. and i'm sure it's really only visible due to the image being still. i'd think during the actual scene, with all the characters moving, it will be nearly imperceptable.

Staring at a screen shot for 15 minutes is totally different than watching a movie where it'll be on the screen for less than 15 seconds.

Unless your the type to get a DVD and watch the entire movie in slow-mo I doubt you'll notice it in the theater or when the DVD comes out.

Originally posted by Hannibal

Staring at a screen shot for 15 minutes is totally different than watching a movie where it'll be on the screen for less than 15 seconds.

yeah, that's kind of what i implied in the last 2 sentences of my previous post ... i was just pointing something out as i was playing the kashyyyk version of WHERE'S WALDO?

QFE

and i'm sure it's really only visible due to the image being still. i'd think during the actual scene, with all the characters moving, it will be nearly imperceptable.

Originally posted by IG-64

Excuse me if this has been posted before, because i'm trying to go as spoiler free as possible, and don't wanna look through this thread, but I found these and thought i'd post them.

grievous0yi.jpg

grievous33ql.jpg

:D

well thay bin posted 2 times already but its a nice try

Archived