Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my fault -- forgot to check the 'hide dos window' when I was compiling. You can re-download KSE v2.07 from the Alternate Download site and get another copy-- I recompiled it so no DOS window will show.

:p I know how to fix the head problem, but it will take a bit of work.

The thing about it. Bioware set it up so that you can't encounter an npc with your head, so in appearance.2da there is a normalhead and backup head columns.

SO in order for and npc not to loose there head that npc would need an backup head. As Juhani is a unique npc she doen not have a backup and when you transition from one area to another the game checks appearance.2da(I suspect) and sinse your character comes first the game will give you juhani's head and she looses hers. :)

There is a way to remedy this and it is simple open up appearance.2da with KT(if you have that file in override then open that appeance.2da) go to row 8 which is Party_NPC_Juhani and scroll ove until you see columns "normalhead" & "backuphead" and simple type 5 in the backuphead column save the file back to override. And now you and Juhani can be twins. ;) if you would like juhani to have a different head when you take hers then simply open heads.2da to find an appropriate female head( or male. ;) what ever make you happy) and type that number in the backuphead column and save appearance to override.

Don't worry this is very simple to do.

T7, your suggestion doesn't seem to be working for me (I'm trying to do the same thing crystalrikku is trying to do, except using Bastila's face for my PC). Here is what I have done:

- Opened KSE and changed my character's appearance to Party_NPC_Bastila. Saved changes.

- Opened my appearance.2da file through KT and added the number 1 to the backuphead field in row four (Basty's row). Saved to override folder.

After that, I load up the savegame file, and, just like crystalrikku, it works until I go to a new area, after which poor Bas loses her cranium. :eek:

Originally posted by TheSock

T7, your suggestion doesn't seem to be working for me (I'm trying to do the same thing crystalrikku is trying to do, except using Bastila's face for my PC). Here is what I have done:

That is odd I used juhani to test it and it worked fine. I changed the PC and mission into Juhani and left Juhani as her self and all was good. I had no problems transitioning through areas. although I only transitioned with my PC and Mission, Juhai was not in my party yet.

Did you also change the PC's portrait to Bastila?

Interesting stuff about the heads, T7. I haven't had a chance to try it. Maybe I'll try it with Trask (my only savegame is abord the Endar Spire). As I mentioned to some of you privately, appearance.2da is a file that I have never modded -- I figured everyone else knew everything about that file already so I didn't have to! :p Anyway if there is a workaround that seems to work for everyone, maybe I'll add something to KSE to automate the workaround by pressing a button.

If it isn't too much to ask, could someone give it a try with Bastila? Possibly send me the file if you can get it working? I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't know what. :confused:

(sorry for all the off-topic, tk102)

Great tool, by the way! :D

Edit: Weee! It took me a while but I figured out what I had done wrong. Every time I would change the backuphead field, I'd immediately save and exit. Since I didn't click enter, it did not save. :o

Such a little thing, and I nearly kicked the monitor through the window over it. :D

So, T7 and everyone, do you think this would work for a new KSE feature:

Have a button that:

1. Check to see if Appearance.2da is in Override, otherwise extract appearance.2da to override.

2. Modify said appearance.2da so that all rows have a backup head the same as their normal head (if a backuphead doesn't already exist).

Originally posted by tk102

Have a button that:

1. Check to see if Appearance.2da is in Override, otherwise extract appearance.2da to override.

2. Modify said appearance.2da so that all rows have a backup head the same as their normal head (if a backuphead doesn't already exist).

That option sounds pretty cool TK! :D

Have a button that:

Why not? :D This will give me a reason to start making funny heads experiments :amidala::bdroid2::guard::emperor::giggle1:

Anyone else having difficulties with changing forcepowers (or in fact opening the classes branch of any force using character)?

I first noticed it in version 2.0.7, but I checked with older versions and they all have the same issue, they just don't give an error message. I checked several versions of KSE and I know that version 1.3.2 didn't have this issue, but all versions since at least 1.4.1 (1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 2.0.7) that I have tried do have it.

The error message is something like this:

"Error msg: element #000005 - Game4#Classes#Class1#KnownList0#Power already exists at /PerlApp/Tk.pm line 247."

Any help would be appreciated.

-TMPhoenix

Archived