Home

New Guy Joins the Ranks

Solomon

Hi guys!

I don't know if there are any rules about people posting to announce they are here, but, well.. here I am :)

I'm new to the whole scene, and I'm really looking forward to chatting about Monkey Island. I only just played The Curse of Monkey Island this winter - my friend has Escape From Monkey Island on his PS2, and he recommended it to me. I figured I should play the first one first, but I didn't really look into it properly I guess. D'oh! So now I learn that The Curse wasn't the first one, and that there are two more games! I can't wait to play them, I just bought them online. I hope they get here soon.

Anyway, what goes on around here? Is it all Monkey Island talk, or can we just talk about whatever we want? Anyway, look forward to seein' you guys :)

Solomon

*prepares a welcome basket*

Welcome, Solomon!

Be nice, courteous, and obey the uniform code.

Don't make fun of moderaters

No flame wars

Yes, I am a girl (and so is Alia and Shivers and Natty)

If RayJones walks up to you, run!

If Guybrush starts crying, run!

And don't fear the Reaper.

lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove

Oh cool, you're the Remi who does Scumm Bar? Those Monkey Island 5 rumours sound good, I just hope I get chance to play the old ones before its released!

Don't worry, Orca Wail, I'm basically a nice guy. Unless you include stuff like necrophilia.

(joke :))

Phew, people really reply fast around here!

Solomon, you may want to download a tool called Quick & Easy before you try to play Monkey Island 1 or 2. It basically makes the games playable on today's machines, plus it can 'enhance' (some may object to that) the graphics.

Where is Shivers?! Is he busy growing a beard or what?

Orca, I hope that prostate problem of yours is better now?

Jones is one of the sexiest girliest names ever.not to mention Ray.

errr...

If RayJones walks up to you, run!

yeah. run. run as if it would be a race. a race for "who's gonna be first" uhhm. "the first who tackles the crying guybrush"

*cough*

"without getting the wall involved"

"or something similar"

"like pantees"

also if you want to stay you MUST cut off your left leg and give the bone to skinkers. you can keep the flesh if you want, it's probably worth a good soup so you may want to try this.

aaaannd

if it ever comes that thrik talks directly to you, dont focus him, look to the floor and never ever make quick or uncontrolled moves.

plus what alien said. maybe.

Originally posted by Alien426

Solomon, you may want to download a tool called Quick & Easy before you try to play Monkey Island 1 or 2. It basically makes the games playable on today's machines, plus it can 'enhance' (some may object to that) the graphics.

Okaaaay, kinda getting the hang of how this forum works now. Its cool! So, this software looks pretty neat, thanks - I'll give it a try when the games come :D

So yeah, I guess the graphics aren't the best. I mean, its gameplay thats important, right? So are the first Monkey games better or worse than Curse and Escape? My favourite so far is Curse :)

I like Monkey Island 2 best. It has great new characters, superb puzzles, excellent music (you may not like midi music, but I think the compositions are brilliant), tons of humor and very nice locations. It always seemed to be the biggest of the series, too.

monkey 1 and 2 are also available on floppy for amiga. the sound is much better than fo the pc version, but it has only 32 colors not like pc-vga 256. but the better sound is worth it all. (plus the did a good job at the color-down-rendering)

so my advice, get the discs and an emulator for the a500 and try it.

or try scummvm, it supports the amiga versions too i think, so you could play them on pc without amiga emulation. but i do not know what's with the sound then.. ahh.. now i know what i wanted to do, but havent yet ..

;)

*scurries into the topic*

Oh I'm late! I'm late! So very very late! The Queen will surely have my head! Goodness me, I'm late I'm late I'm late I'm late!

*cries*

*strips down*

*runs, naked and crying*

*hits a wall*

*looks around*

Oh welcome Solomon! :p

Hope you become a regular around these forums...good to have ya here :D

And, just to let you in on a little secret....there are girls on the internet.

Archived