Home

007 and Britney Spears do not mix well

topshot

i consider jack black's movies to be better than most other ones that singers star in. he's hilarious and probably 1 of a kind. and britany did have a previous movie about a road trip and 4 friends or something gay like that? its sad to think if she sang the cover song. imagine it. 007- oops i did it again.:mad::rolleyes:

Different idea - can Britney or any other 'eye candy' they'd bring in, do anything bad to the Bond series that Roger Moore didn't already do?

:confused:

And her big acting thing was 'Crossroads' ... how could you forget (I had to look it up ... imdb is a great thing)

Mike

hey roger moore rocked..as did sean connery

for the dutch;

"Brosnan opnieuw Bond, maar zonder Britney (22/03/04)

De Ierse acteur Colin Farrell werd al een tijdje getipt als de nieuwe Bond, maar naar alle waarschijnlijkheid zal Pierce Brosnan voor de vijfde maal in de huid van 007 kruipen.

Ook op het vlak van de Bondgirls die in de 21e film rond de bekendste geheimagent zullen fladderen wordt er nog druk gespeculeerd. Zo zou ons aller Britney Spears bereid zijn tot heel wat om de titel van Bondgirl te mogen dragen. Brosnan van zijn kant zou eerder de voorkeur geven aan het knappe, frisse talent van Keira Knightley (Pirates Of The Caribbean) of de mysterieuze, Italiaanse vamp Monica Bellucci (Matrix Revolutions). Deze schone was afgelopen week nog te gast in Kinepolis Brussel en we kunnen Pierce alvast bevestigen dat Monica een perfecte keuze zou zijn..."

Quick translation;

Brosnon again Bond, but without Britney

Colin Farrell was rumored to be ew bondyboy but most prob itll be Pierce for the 5th time. About the bondgirls much is speculated. as rumored britney spears to hold the tile of bondgirl. Brosnon from his side would have rather had the beautiful, fresh talent Keira Knightley (pirats o carribbean) or Monic Bellucci from matrix rev. Lastnamed was guest last week in kinepolis Brussels en we can satisufy bruce already that monica would be the perfect choice

Seems she got some comp. yet again they tricked me with the title..i onyl read the title and read it and transkated immediately, so no one is 100% certain BUT its good to know she has some good competition and not so much chances

Originally posted by Darklighter

. I can't think of any singer-turned-actors that have produced any performances worthy of recognition.

what about Ewan McGregor, he was a singer (not a well known one, but one none the less) Will Smith was/is a decent actor. CHER! she was wonderful in witches of eastwicke.

I know of others but it mostly goes that TODAYS singers cannot act. ;)

Then again 80's and early 90's rapper Ice-T has attended juliard to learn acting and he's doing a good job as a detective on Law And Order:SVU. Snoop Dogg is also attending classes at Juliard. (but then again, he's still not that great, but certainly better than Brittney Spears)

If they cast Brittney, I'm afraid I'll have to say I will no longer look forward to bond ever again. *hugs his connery and more bond movies*

<_< dalton was a good but short lived bond too. *runs*

Originally posted by InsaneSith

what about Ewan McGregor, he was a singer (not a well known one, but one none the less) Will Smith was/is a decent actor. CHER! she was wonderful in witches of eastwicke.

I know of others but it mostly goes that TODAYS singers cannot act. ;)

Cher is clearly someone who can carry a tune, was very famous as a singer, and then became very famous and acclaimed as an actress.

Will Smith - whom I have generally liked - seems to be making a bunch of 'will smith ripoff' movies ... I still weep when I think what they are doing to Asimov with I, Robot ...

Ewan ... just watching Down With Love or Moulin Rouge shows that he has acting, singing and dancing chops - not bad in an era where more people are famous for ... ? Who knows ? ... than or displaying actual talent.

I'd also put in Barbara Striesand in the Cher category, and perhaps Chris Kristopherson ... although he is certainly of a different time.

Then again 80's and early 90's rapper Ice-T has attended juliard to learn acting and he's doing a good job as a detective on Law And Order:SVU. Snoop Dogg is also attending classes at Juliard. (but then again, he's still not that great, but certainly better than Brittney Spears)

Well, given that they don't sing, and aren't musicians, and the entirety of their talent is about attitude and persona, it is arguable that Rappers already are more actors than singers ...

<_< dalton was a good but short lived bond too. *runs*

I liked Timothy Dalton - he paid the price for the ruin put on the films by Roger Moore, and also paid the price for not being Piers Brosnan, who was wanted for the part even then ... but wouldn't part with Rem Steele at the time.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

I'd also put in Barbara Striesand in the Cher category, and perhaps Chris Kristopherson ... although he is certainly of a different time.

Mike

crap I knew I forgot some poeple, I like barbara Streisand, and Chris Kristopherson. My dad showed me some of his albums. I like his gritty voice, and he does a good job as an actor.

I have to say I also worry about I, Robot.

Just remembered, Aretha Franklin, in the few movies she's been in. and Bette Midler. <_< though I despised the piano (I have no idea why it was I saw it either. :( ) one can't forget the rat pack though, those men were good actors and singers. Especially Sammy Davis jr. (thinks back to the original oceans 11) *gafaws at the funny*

Hmmm.. wasn't it Britney who said "my most favorite overseas country is CANADA!"

*Bill Lundberg voice from Officespace* yeah.....

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that we hate the idea of putting retarded pop-celebs in movies that sell. Sure, let them make all the crappy movies they want, just keep them out of the good stuff.

1) To push Star Wars with the younger generation, Lucas was considering putting boy-band Nsync in episode 2. After much much hate mail, GL decided it wasn't such a good idea. Hmmm, ya think?!

2) From Justin to Kelly..... yeah....

3) Crossroads by BritneySpears. You had your chance on the silver screen and pointed out the obvious that nobody can stand to watch you without a MUTE option longer than 5 minutes.

Britney + 20 foot screen - a MUTE option = Apocalypse now!

Paris Hilton, now that's a Bond girl; spoiled, snotty, conceited, mildly-retarded, and a total skank!

Perfect!

I know it's going back a-ways, but when it comes to great actors/singers, I gotta mention these guys:

Bing Crosby

Frank Sinatra

Dean Martin

Sammy Davis Jr.

I, too, enjoyed both of Timothy Dalton's movies...I was sorry to see him go.

Roger Moore was a pretty bad Bond, but in my opinion, he was still better than Brosnan.

Originally posted by Prime

I say let Britany do it. Might as well put the last nail in the coffin of this washed up series...

Heck, while you're at it make Carrot Top the villian, and depending on who you put as bond you might end up better than the last couple (esp the last) Austin Powers movie.

Mike

Originally posted by rccar328

But haven't there been a few non-British Bond girls? (I could be wrong...)

lol...and I agree.

I think Die Another Day had an American agent as a Bond girl. I don't like Bond movies that much anyway - there's no difference in plot from one movie to another.

Archived