Home

OMGWTFBBQ?? of the week

Darth Homer

The newest trend, get ready for it...EYE JEWELRY!

That's right guys, get ready to waste your money on something else to please your girl (or boy, if you swing that way)

Dutch eye surgeons have implanted tiny pieces of jewelry called “JewelEye” in the mucous membrane of the eyes of six women and one man in cosmetic surgery pioneered by an ophthalmic surgery research and development institute in Rotterdam.

The procedure involves inserting a 0.13 inch wide piece of specially developed jewelry -- the range includes a glittering half-moon or heart -- into the eye’s mucous membrane under local anaesthetic at a cost of $610 to $1,232.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4685961

I think we should go ahead and patent embedding jewels directly into the skin...it is the next logical step after this...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Darth Homer

I think we should go ahead and patent embedding jewels directly into the skin...it is the next logical step after this...:rolleyes:

Done and done. Perhaps if I'm bored later today I'll try to get an article on it. I'm pretty sure someone @ my school already has it. It's a 5-Point-Star tatooed on his arm with little balls of steel in each point. I could be wrong, and it could just be a tatoo, without the steel, but I've seen some on TV w/ the steel.

Originally posted by DashRendar

Done and done. Perhaps if I'm bored later today I'll try to get an article on it. I'm pretty sure someone @ my school already has it. It's a 5-Point-Star tatooed on his arm with little balls of steel in each point. I could be wrong, and it could just be a tatoo, without the steel, but I've seen some on TV w/ the steel.

*blinks*

wow. that's a bit...strange, but then again that's just me and the last time I was in style was...um...mkay...maybe never, but still!

Archived