Home

Imperial Walkers On The North Ridge

{xg}darthVADER

Originally posted by {xg}darthVADER

can someone please tell me how i can make a script that wil make a set of brushes move to certan entity's ?

thanks

I think you make a func_static (Brushes with an origin brush where you want the 'origin' to be), triggered by a func_mutiple, give the static a script_targetname (lets say: mover1) in the entity screen. Create a Ref_tag with a script_tagetname like 't1'. Put the tag where you want the Func_static's origin to go. Compile your map.

Then open up BehavED and make script that tells 'mover1' to go to 't1' with the origin as the origin brush on 'mover1' with a time in miliseconds (1000=1sec) for how fast you want 'mover1' to move.

I think that's it (I'm a beginner scripter) If you want to make the brush go back to its place when it has moved, make another scipt and add another tag where the starting point of the func_static was.

I hope this helps :)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok lemme put it like this how do i make the origin brush move to where i want it

show me an example fo the script or somethign cause it didnt make much sense to me

sorry i'm new to scripting

This should do it:

//Generated by BehavEd

rem ( "A moving brush" );

task ( "Move1" )

{

affect ( "Mover1", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )

{

move ( $tag( "t1", ORIGIN)$, 2500.000 );

}

}

do ( "Move1" );

I'm not the best scripter but I think this should work (I've really only managed to make rotating doors).

Why would you want to trisoup the floor? It needs to be smooth for landing craft and storing equipment. If anything soup the outside areas. That what you meant LIL KILLA?

Also, if you do end up trisouping any areas, build OVER the existing ground. Don't cut up the map HULL. Just clone the ground or make a new one and make sure everything except the visible surface has the snow texture. Everything else should be caulk.

Here is an example from Luksywalker1. Try this out and see how a script might work:

http://home.ripway.com/2003-11/40395/rolling_rock.zip

If you read my post you would have seen I said to do it next to walls and stuff. I meant stuff as in crates and other things. If you look in the movies you see the crates aren't placed perfectly on top of the snow. No, they have some sno piled around the edges. Also. No floor covered in snoww is going to always be 100% flat anyway. I would try to do some trisouping outside though. Not alot but some.

its been a while since my last update so here i go

ive been having problems with it lately they are fixed now

some new screenshots:

first pics of the south hanger(this one is gonna have a low level of detail since it wil only be there for the final objective for the rebels)

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=112945

and here it is :

ion control

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=112946

this one took me a while since i tried to copy ravens one as close as i could since it looked so good compared to the concept art

outside view of ion controla bove the ion cannon:

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=112949

this is one of the other reasons it took so long to get a new update out

the first imperial lander shuttle (completly scripted from folding up its wings to extending its boarding ramp)

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=112950

the shot is a bit dark right now but this was in a test map

ive made some noob textures for it if anyone can do a better job and is willing to feel free to contact me

darthALEX out...

release wil probably be in a week or 2, 3

this entire map has been a big learnign experience for me and it is going to be cause i still need to learn how to do siege objectives ect.

ive had to do something very painfull today

i had to take ion control out cause it was causing error during compile so i wil complete the basic rough cut of this map

then i'll see if its possible to add it back in

but for now no ion control

i wil release a small ffa version sometime soon so keep your eyes peeled

btw tfighterpilot can you try to put the sounds for the snow speeder and at-at in again cause last time it crashed the map when i loaded them

thanks...

P.S. does anyone know how i can record video's of jka ingame i want to make a teaser hehe

darthALEX out

this entire map has been a big learnign experience for me and it is going to be cause i still need to learn how to do siege objectives ect.

i had to take ion control out cause it was causing error during compile so i wil complete the basic rough cut of this map

btw tfighterpilot can you try to put the sounds for the snow speeder and at-at in again cause last time it crashed the map when i loaded them

thanks...

P.S. does anyone know how i can record video's of jka ingame i want to make a teaser hehe

darthALEX out

It crashed? Weird, for me nothing happend. And when I say nothing I mean no sounds either. I still don't understand what the problem is.

thanks...

darthALEX out

Recording is easy. I'm glad that this will be coming out soon, you rox!!

Get FRAPS, and install it. In game, hit the key to record. It doesn't record sound however, you'll need to buy the full version of that.

:fett:

Archived