Home

It was also a throw back to a joke in one of the loading screens in one of these games that says "real guitarists don't sit on a couch when playing." So good god, there is no difference. Oh, and what I'd like to say is Kain should try standing, he might like it better, dunno.

Also, when you can see this deep into an engine, you're in trouble.

th_P1031047.jpg

Edit:

My Rock Band bandmate finally arrived... the neck on his Stratocaster was broken off, though. He's in surgery at the moment.

th_P1031042.jpg

Oh, and this arrived in the mail just now.

51rzNOUaTGL_SS400_.jpg

$1 off Goozex. :D

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My rule of thumb on performing, or pretending like a jackass to play (ahem), music:

When playing in front of an audience, you should stand up as sitting down would portray you as a pretentious jackass (eg. hippie, classical guitarist, jazz-fusion-folk guitarist).

When playing by yourself, whether in the studio or on the couch in front of the tv wondering why your life isn't nearly as cool as the musicians whose music you're superficially attempting to play (again, ahem) you should sit down so as to not be a pretentious jackass* (eg. TiE23).

*Also means your mom's a whore.

My rule of thumb on performing, or pretending like a jackass to play (ahem), music:

When playing in front of an audience, you should stand up as sitting down would portray you as a pretentious jackass (eg. hippie, classical guitarist, jazz-fusion-folk guitarist).

When playing by yourself, whether in the studio or on the couch in front of the tv wondering why your life isn't nearly as cool as the musicians whose music you're superficially attempting to play (again, ahem) you should sit down so as to not be a pretentious jackass* (eg. TiE23).

*Also means your mom's a whore.

Dude. The hell? You do realize this was the post:

Dammit man, guitarists should be standing man! Aaarrggghh!!! emot-v.png

Also, expert or go home!

(I keed)

Right? I mean, Jesus, it was a joke tied with advice that I found to be useful because I got better when I started to stand while playing the damn game. I used to sit in a saucer chair all the time, so my elbows were always pretty close to my body, so when I stood up for the first time, it freed my arms and prevented discomfort. Not as an attempt at being some kind of rock star FFS, it's not like I'm imagining myself onstage in my mind, I'm playing a damn game.

Wally as a joke pulls up the subject of classical guitarists who mostly sit. And when playing an acoustic guitar has nothing to do with a damn plastic fake guitar - that too was a joke. So again, keeping the riff going I post a bunch of famous rock guitarists. Then it comes to you.

Now you're getting all slanderous and personal over a joke, which was about "sitting or standing". What is your damn problem? Could you find anything more trivial to bash me on?

Seriously. If you're trying to be funny, you kinda crossed over 'that line'.

Also, Roxstar - I like my classical music, I'm not some fool when it comes to my musical tastes. I've got Bach, Mozart, and Chopin on my Zune.

Dude. The hell? You do realize this was the post:

Right? I mean, Jesus, it was a joke tied with advice that I found to be useful. Wally pulls up classical guitarists who mostly sit, when playing an acoustic guitar has nothing to do with a damn plastic fake guitar - that too was a joke. So again, keeping the riff going I post a bunch of famous rock guitarists. Then it comes to you.

Now you're getting all slanderous and personal over a joke, which was about "sitting or standing". What is your damn problem? Could you find anything more trivial to bash me on?

Seriously. If you're trying to be funny, you kinda crossed over 'that line'.

I'm confused. I thought the whole point of the internet is to bash each other and throw profusely slanderous remarks while arguing about exceedingly trivial points of contention?

Granted, I'm fully aware there's a good chance I might have crossed over some line of decency and humanity in a sad attempt for humor. Normally, given the response, I'd tend to agree that such is the case. However, since you also blew up at Mr. Wally for a tongue-in-cheek response earlier, I'm guessing you're taking something here a bit too seriously.

its ok tie, while tyrion can go on about how he thinks real musicians posture should be (only singers really need to stand, guitars dont use a diaphram to make sound) we can all be sure of the knowledge that he will infact never ever have sex with anyone in his life, not even a paid prostitute, and the fact that he feels that berating anyone who likes to play a video game based version of a musical present, simply adds evidence that he probably failed miserably on easy mode the first time he ever tried it and is thus unloved by his mother, for he is a whiney little emo bitch who no one will ever love

i got some pizza a little while ago

Now see, that's different. Dath means every last word of that post, mostly because of the fact that he hates all good and just things in this world with a passion.

Also, my mummy said that she doesn't love me anymore ever since she found out I can't play Smoke on the Water riff either in the game or on a real guitar. :(

Also, Roxstar - I like my classical music, I'm not some fool when it comes to my musical tastes. I've got Bach, Mozart, and Chopin on my Zune.

I was using a Star Wars reference to lighten the mood whilst continuing the joke and attempting to bring the argument closure. It's all good

If you all don't stop with this abysmally irritating line of conversation I will be forced to go through and delete all of these posts, which will take up more of my time than I care to invest, which will put me in a foul mood. And nobody wants me to be unhappy because I'm usually such a ray of goddamned sunshine.

Archived