Home

Gmail

Acrylic

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

but it has become a terrible but necessary part of my life, like women :p

The lines keep coming. Can I use this as a quote?

I was interested in Gmail, but since they need a credit card, I don't think I want to get an account. And I also do not need 1 gig of space.

i've been looking for a decent email service for ages,and non quite fits the bill. GBs of space is all very well, but if you had a decent account you wouldn't need it. I have a free fastmail one at the moment and rarely go over 1Mb.

What i need is an email account (free, one off payment or LOW annual fee) that allows me to:

(a) Scrape other email accounts so i can still get mail from my old hotmail and yahoo accounts (fm does a couple)

(b) Set up unlimited temporary addresses so i can use a different address for every site and tell who sends me all the spam (and block it). (fm needs you to pay a lot for this)

© Use different aliases so i can send from hotmail & yahoo (fm does this)

(d) Access with IMAP and POP so i can get my mail on my mobile (fm only does imap unless you pay a lot).

Any ideas?

I thought of getting an invitee, until i learned of spymac.

Spymac.com is a mac fan site anyways, but the first with 1 gig email. Along with that you'll get 100mb ftp space, 200mb for photos and sigs etc, lots of stuff, and no adds. the design is nice as well

spymac.jpg

you also have a webmail version (http of course) that looks VERY nice as well, works like outlook etc but all pages. If you want 1 gig mail now i suggest spymac. If you want the gmail and advertisements up the wazoo..wait a bit longer then eh

I'ld help you out, but there's two things wrong...

1)I don't have a credit card

2)No net. Just occasional net at m,y grandmas house.

When I get the chance I might ask my grandma to help me help you and then help me with the account and the ipod thing in return.

Originally posted by legameboy

Btw, just an fyi, your pmi is f-u-l-l.

which means you're definitely not the only one who wants an invite..which means your chances of getting one are very thin :p

if you're desperate, you can get some on ebay...but thats if you're really desperate

leggie gets the last one - I get a lot of PMs about moderatin' stuff, just haven't cleaned it out recently.

No more invites, people - leggie, PM me an email address that isn't a hotmail one, so I can send the invite.

Archived