Home

Fav Rogue Sqadron Level?

Just got Rogue Squadron, and cant ost in the RS forums, so I move to the next best place. Whats ur favorite Rogue Squadron level and why? also, just talk about the game in general. like, how do you beat certain level,s and whats ur fav ships, and so forth.

Fav Level- 1. Moff Seerdons (sp?) Revenge. A really fun level where the only goal is to kill all the bad guys without causing hamr to the bacta stuff. Its a fun level.

2. Beggars Canyon. I always play this level before I play any others at the start of a day to get my flying skills back after a night of sleep. I always take the hardest route and normally win. But I hate it when another competitior rams into you, and they blame you for it and restart the race.

3. Jade Moon. Pretty fun. I like to zoom through the missile field thing and jink and juke to avoid the missiles. Its pretty fun.

Ships- 1. X-Wing. Overall the best, IMO. Fast enough if you close S-foils, powerful, and can go slow enough for you to brake real quick and when the people chasing you overshoot you, you blast them.

2. Tie Interceptor- Fun to zip in and out of stuff. Its worth having to get all the medals and stuff to earn. Powerful lasers, and awesome manueverability. A good ship.

3. V-Wing- A great ship. Its too good, IMO. Its fast, it has super fast lasers, that if you have the brain of a chimp or bigger, can easily figure out how to not burn them out, awesome missiles. Its a supercraft.

Honorable mention- Y-wing. Has a very star warsy feel. I just wish there were more Y-wing levels.

Tips- Tripping an AT AT. As soon as you hit the tow cable button, hit F3to switch to normal flying view. Then just fly normally, turning at the legs to trip it. You can also shoot others with more accuracy while tripping an AT AT in this view.

Thats all for now, ya'll give some other stuff.

I don't want to sound like an ******* or anything, but this game came out in '98 dude.

I mean, your not breaking any rules or anything, but I DO want to point out that there IS a forum for Rouge Squadron here . You might get some better feedback there.

That being said, I remember renting an N64 back in '98 just so I could play the SW games I was missing out on. (at that time , the only computer I owned was still at my parents' house, not at my apartment, and the only computer game I had was Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.)

So I rented the N64, Shadows of the Empire, and Rogue Squadron. RS probably being my favorite of the two. I got up to the AT-AT level which was pure adrenaline, then I kind of stopped. I took it back to the video store, but my roomate rented it again, because he became quite addicted to it, (we worked opposite shifts). ;)

RS 3D was great. For the "big berthas" (what i called those AT-AT's) i'd just keeping pressing left in a nice cirkle, wasnt too hard. I don't remember that game very well, but the death star run is kewl (secret level 2) and that one with that big dark city where you start off with some probe droids, you had lots of fun stuff there :). Oh and getting all those upgrades was a nice challenge as well

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I don't want to sound like an ******* or anything, but this game came out in '98 dude.

I mean, your not breaking any rules or anything, but I DO want to point out that there IS a forum for Rouge Squadron here . You might get some better feedback there.

Originally posted by yaebginn

Just got Rogue Squadron, and cant ost in the RS forums, so I move to the next best place.

Probably better, last time he went over there, he got a temp ban. :\

Rogue Squadron I? Hmmmm, I've always liked that..... level where you are flying around and tie-bombers are bombing the buildings and you have to save Crix Maddine I think. Then the falcon comes and you have to destroy an AT-AT.

Something tells me it was something that began with a C, but I don't remeber. :\

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

How can that be possible? You can't get banned from only one set of forums. If your banned, it is forum wide. I would post a thread in the feedback forum if I were you.

I CAN, I have the ability to, but if I cant, cause I dont want to get banned. and there is a good chance of that happening. See I'd go over there for my thread, then start exploring over there, then become a frequent visitor of there, then Lynk would get mad an ban me.

Gah. Post got eaten. :/

In summary, I pretty much liked all the levels. Except for the Death Star bonus level...not very interesting, and since when was the Death Star square?

Ships, though, I have definite preferences and opinions, although I like all of them as well...

The top two that I used the most:

1. A-Wing. This is the most fun ship to fly, in my opinion. Sure you can't take many hits...but how can your enemies hit you when they can't even catch you? Maneuverable and very, very fast, and I like the design. ^_^ Oh, and the blaster cannons can rotate up and down to better hit your target. Beat that.

2. V-Wing. Okay, so the V-Wing can beat the above. The most overpowered vehicle in the game, but also one of the most fun to use (maybe as a consequence?) A full load of seeking cluster missiles - the most dangerous weapons in the game. Intelligent use of the scramjet, and the crappy lasers that you can put on overcharge to punch through things (if I remember correctly) combined with the above makes the V-Wing quite formidable.

Originally posted by Lynk Former

The Death Star Bonus sucked... CORNERS?! Bah!!

And yeah, ingame, the A-Wing is the most fun to fly :D

Though regenerating missiles in Rebel Strike made it even better even though we all know an A-Wing DOES NOT have that capability normally XD

I gave my pc copy to RFH

he'll have more fun with it then i :D

the darnest thing with it too

on my computer it seems that the third person camera doesnt like following the ship! I just keep flying off in the distence

Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee

I gave my pc copy to RFH

he'll have more fun with it then i :D

the darnest thing with it too

on my computer it seems that the third person camera doesnt like following the ship! I just keep flying off in the distence

HA!

That...if I recall correctly...is the result of a cheat code. Well, I know there was some certain thing you had to do to get that...been so long since I played RS that I can't remember...

(The CD broke over a year ago :()

Archived