Home

Picture Thread!!!

RoxStar

Originally posted by ZDawg

And chuck taylors are the best shoes ever made. 25$ bucks, last for years... what more can you ask?

For my feet to stop growing size uk 13 1/2 are a bitch to find

they are still a person just like you

Aha i get you there, were all uniquie!!!

( part from that and the shoes, right on!)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious why you hate piercings Groovy?

Well when I was your age, nose rings were only STARTING to catch on. Rings in eyebrows and lips....you'd only see that in the clubs downtown in chicago, mostly on street punks.

The ring under the lip...dunno, just doesn't look cool or attractive. Rings IN the lip seem silly because what if you catch it on something? Imagine eating corn on the cob and...."OH ****, SOMEBODY CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!" I mean ouch. (Did you see The Punisher yet by chance?)

Eyebrow rings also drive me nuts. I'm kind of getting used to it, but it's another piercing that does not seem attractive. I had a gf who got it done. Get this...she even asked me about it, I said I thought it was gross, so she went and did it anyway. I had to put up with that thing, getting her hiar, or my hair caught in it while making out, whatever.... Eventually it got infected, and she had to take it out....she literally ripped it out of there, and now she has a scar! (dumbass...) Yet, she wants to get it done again....WTF?!

Now belly rings...on a girl, that is actually extremely sexy. Always catches my attention. Yet while it is sexy, it is not safe, and I have known many girls that get infections, and get clothing snagging them from time to time. So though it looks hot, unless you always have a bare midriff, dunno...

I'm not going to preach on about piercings anymore, I have tattoos, and I am a tattoo fiend, unfortunately, tats cost more than I can afford at the time. I would however like to rant about one more that grosses me out beyond all heck. Why do people get those HUGE holes poked in the ear, that are big enough to put a twinkie in there? ACK!!!

And in sticking with the subject at hand, here is a pic that shows all three of my tats.

groovytats.gif

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

The ring under the lip...dunno, just doesn't look cool or attractive. Rings IN the lip seem silly because what if you catch it on something? Imagine eating corn on the cob and...."OH ****, SOMEBODY CALL AN AMBULANCE!!!" I mean ouch. (Did you see The Punisher yet by chance?)

You dont get things caught on it, unless your stupid... I've even been punched in that exact spot, and its not as bad as most people who dont know anything about piercings say it is.

And the guaged ears, its a fasion like anything else... mine are Guage Zero (Size of a pencil or so) my little brother has 5/8s of an inch... I have many friends with bigger, one has 1 1/2 inch spaces...

And the guaged ears, its a fasion like anything else... mine are Guage Zero (Size of a pencil or so) my little brother has 5/8s of an inch... I have many friends with bigger, one has 1 1/2 inch spaces...

Yeah but those don't grow back do they? If not....ewwww. That's not going to do anybody any good in a job interview. I have all my tats in places that can easily be covered. But something like that.....oh man.

Also, I almost forgot...

That GF that had the eyebrow ring, she also wanted me to get my tounge pierced (you may remember the thread) since this is a "family forum", I'm not going to get into great detail WHY she wanted me to do this, only that she said she would get hers pierced, if I pierced mine. I almost did it, but it never happened. Thank goodness for that. I really didn't WANT to do it anyways.

:rolleyes:

That GF that had the eyebrow ring, she also wanted me to get my tounge pierced (you may remember the thread) since this is a "family forum", I'm not going to get into great detail WHY she wanted me to do this, only that she said she would get hers pierced, if I pierced mine.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say .... Pulp Fiction ;)

(only those who have seen the movie religiously will get that guess)

Yeah but those don't grow back do they? If not....ewwww. That's not going to do anybody any good in a job interview. I have all my tats in places that can easily be covered. But something like that.....oh man.

They can grow back, depending on if the person stretching them is an idiot and blows his ear out by doing it to fast or not.

Mine will, VERY quickly (1 day or so) shrink.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

WTF? He should be how he wants to be. If wearing dark lipstick is his thing then that's his thing.

my thing is wearing chicks underwear on fridays.....:xp: just kiddin i only wore 'em once as a dare.....

and to Zdawg...you both look like members or fans of the band orgy....and its a real band....and they rock and so do you Z!!

Originally posted by jebbers

my thing is wearing chicks underwear on fridays.....:xp: just kiddin i only wore 'em once as a dare.....

and to Zdawg...you both look like members or fans of the band orgy....and its a real band....and they rock and so do you Z!!

mmm, Ill take your word for it... we tend to stick with hardcore bands, such as:

As I Lay Dying, Stretch Arm Strong, From Autumn to Ashes, Haste The Day, No Innocent Victim, Noise Ratchet, Norma Jean, Officer Negative, The Death Campain, Point of Recognition, Project 86, Further Seems Forver, Embodyment, BlindSide, At the Drive-in, Soul Embraced, The Cure, Thrice, Under Oath, Dead Poetic, Saosin, Zao, Living Sacrafice, Extol, Few Left Standing, Figure Four, Societys Finest, Still Breathing, Sinai Beach, The Deal, Hanover Saints, Comeback Kid, Beloved, The Chariot, Strong Arm, The Agony Scene... and many more than I probly cant remember the names...

mmm, Ill take your word for it... we tend to stick with hardcore bands, such as:

As I Lay Dying, Stretch Arm Strong, From Autumn to Ashes, Haste The Day, No Innocent Victim, Noise Ratchet, Norma Jean, Officer Negative, The Death Campain, Point of Recognition, Project 86, Further Seems Forver, Embodyment, BlindSide, At the Drive-in, Soul Embraced, The Cure, Thrice, Under Oath, Dead Poetic, Saosin, Zao, Living Sacrafice, Extol, Few Left Standing, Figure Four, Societys Finest, Still Breathing, Sinai Beach, The Deal, Hanover Saints, Comeback Kid, Beloved, The Chariot, Strong Arm, The Agony Scene... and many more than I probly cant remember the names...

The Cure! \o/

I've had to tear out an eyebrow ring because it kept getting infected (my job was the reason), and the ball wouldn't come out.

That scene in The Punisher had a 'special' meaning to me...

Being hit in a piercing doesn't hurt, but having em torn out ain't no ****in joke.

Since all my pictures are really dark, you usually can't see my piercings. I have 2 in my left eyebrow and 1 in each ear. I'd have more, but I'm poor:(

I wanna have enough to start setting off metal detectors:D

Jeezum Crow.... I AM old because I remember "hard core" as a classification of streight edge hard core...(IE, no booze, sex, drugs....sreight edge!!!) Now while it was not really MY thing, I STILL remember the bands of that time that fell into that category which were as follows: Insted, Minor Threat, Agnostic Front, The Exploited(?),Descendents, and.....too many to remember anymore.

Now if you are refering to The Cure as in Robert Smith and company, are your refering to the old Cure as in "The Hanging Garden", "In Between Days", "A Forest", and "Charlotte Sometimes", or are we talking about The Cure as in "Pictures Of You", "Lullabye", and "Friday I'm In Love"?

If this is the same band we are talking about, yeah I love The Cure, I saw them once in '96 and then later in life, my sister adopted them as her favorite band of all time. She saw them only a few weeks ago, and got me a t-shirt, (yet, no ticket, since it was a with a freind who GOT her the ticket), but yeah they were a huge influence on me too.

Mostly though, my main thing was "Industrial", and as in PRE-Nine Inch Nails.....the old groups, such as Ministry, Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, Front 242, that sort of thing. I was in an industrial band called "Vent". My job was I did all the vocals, most of the sampling, and all of the mixing of our tracks. We did everything on a 4-track, but it was cool enough that we got some airtime on the radio in Phillie, and scored alot of shows in Texas, Missisippi, and Lousianna, (we were stationed around that area there in the Navy) We even had offers from Metal Blade, and Cleopatra Records, however our enlistment duties restricted us from accepting. After I got out of the Navy, my other member, Mark (keyboards/bass) got addicted to smack, got in debt to his ex-wife, and for lack of any better solutions, decided to re-enlist for another four years, so we parted ways after an ugly break up. (I let him live with me, and he terrorized my family)

You know, this thread has drifted WAAAY off subject, but I feel we should start another thread dedicated to music an style....what say you?

Anyways, keeping on topic, here is a pic from my second band; "Vent" which remains as the only band I was ever involved in, that recieved any success. My problem is I never took being a vocalist very seriously, but this is one time in my life, where I could have taken a snapshot, and felt that we REALLY would have gone all the way if not for the NAVY, and the fact that "Industrial Music" kind of fell off the face of the Earth after Nine Inch Nail's last album flopped.

I made this picture YEARS ago on some really old 1995 computer, and we used this as our flyer for our shows. (added text now and then indicating dates, and cover charges) The actual pic was taken by a professional photographer in a popular New Orleans grave yard. Yes we really felt like rock stars at the time...

I'm the guy squatting down with a clove ciggarette in my mouth.

Vent2.jpg

such as Ministry

Houses of the Mole is the best Ministry album I've heard in forever. Not that I didn't like the others though...But yeah, a music thread would be nice to have since "Now Playing in the Swamp" has crawled off to die.

[EDIT] I used to jam in a band called Phatsaq. We never did anything really worth mentioning. We taped everything though. And I have some VERY rough four track recordings saved right here on my pc. We'd still be playing in a garage or on a flatbed at a kegger today if our other guitarist hadn't got busted and joined the army to get out of a ten year prison sentence. Anyways...what was the topic again?

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Houses of the Mole is the best Ministry album I've heard in forever. Not that I didn't like the others though...But yeah, a music thread would be nice to have since "Now Playing in the Swamp" has crawled off to die.

How about we make it different this time then?

*goes to post*

Capn' PM me about that Houses of the Mole album, I plan to pick it up this weekend. ;)

Archived