Home

Morrowind

kipperthefrog

If you played the game morrowind, what kind of character have you created?

i created a sorceress named Jaina Proudmore (like warcraft 3) and created spells for her. some examples of spells are:

Force Lightning - lightning damage

Jedi Mind Trick - Charm on touch

Force Dark Rage - fire damage

I also created a Garrett The Master Theif (modeled after "Theif"

he is a good sneak and uses a bow and arrows and speacializes in the theft and sale in rare antiquities!

Mostly I just ran around trying to level up, not really roleplaying (that is, trying to act out a character). Finding cool loot was fun too.

Yes, I know playing the game for the loot is shallow. I just didn't really get into the story of Morrowind; however, that did not affect how much I like the game. Guars are the best animal in an RPG. Ever! :D

I was a vampire named Kain who walked around with a custom sword (the Soul Reaver), customized armor, and a library of spells (most of which were obvious: Feed, Fury, Immolate, Lightning, Telekinesis, Mind Control, Super Leap, Teleport, Bat Form(Long range Teleporting), ect), and then I played a Wood Elf(so as to be a real character). I never finished either time for 1 of 2 reasons:

1: I lost an important item.

2: Cliffracers. I hated that they took out the quick travel from Daggerfall.

Khajiits in that game sucked compaired to the more 'human' khajiit from Daggerfall(they were my favorite).

My brother and i both had two characterss, i had an Argonian fighter, with not much exceptional skills, but i did have the desire to steal everything i came across, so in my next game i was a Dunmer thief/assassin with a tattoo of the black hand of morag tong, wich i wanted to join. never got round to it though.

my brother first played a wood elf warrior with exceptional ranged weapon skills, and he got very far with that, but he wanted to be a wizard so restarted as an Altmer wizard. He now has his own stronghold guarded by steam centurions, he works for telvanni, he has some of the best armor you can get, and knows a helluva lot of spells. He also has some items wich allow him to summon a storm, fire and ice atronach all at once, and one that renders him immune to the attacks of abovementioned creatures, allowing for save use in small rooms.

and he also raided the Hlaalu vault more than thrice... Hlaalu bastards.

I used to have a level 45ish Wood Elf thast relied heavily on stealth and ranged weapons.. Arrows really help for taking down Cliffracers.

My other character was a level 60 Breton mage.. he had a Glasslongsword with a custom lightning and fire-damage spell, which commonly killed everything with a single hit. I stopped playing with that character, it took away all the fun.

Yeah, and Morrowind offers direct and total control over your character, and you'll ahve total freedom, while in NWN, you're limited to a relatively small area at a time, and you give your character orders (Like 'go there', 'Kill that', 'pick that up', etc.) But Morrowind looks better though.

I've got 2 level 73 characters ^^

I played it hardcore for almost half a year, and then when I didn't have internet for 36 days..

Both were Dunmer (Dark Elves) Battlemage and I think another battlemage O,o

Oh well, I trained until all me skills were 100 on both chars.

Takes a hell of a long time, even with the two expansions.

I bought Morrowind GOTY Edition on XBox, and kinda regret it, since loading times on horrible. On my PC, it loads in one second, even less. The XBox version takes over 2 minutes to load.

*sigh*

But, I use a Breton, though I think Kajits look cooler, Bretons are better in terms of everything.

People always call me outlander. Makes me wanna kill em.

Originally posted by Acrylic

People always call me outlander. Makes me wanna kill em.

Stfu, outlander.

*Runs*

Oh and why does it get good when you reach level 10? It's just boring to me it seems.. *stab* *miss* *miss* *miss* *stab*

Originally posted by GothiX

Morrowind and NWN aren't really comparable, Morrowind is a first-person game. It's got an awesome levelling system though.

Oh, and get on MSN, lazy beehotch.

hmmm....first person :( Ive found camera perspectives make or break a game for me nowdays, otherwise it is a strain to play them :(

btw gothix make sure you account for the time difference in msn... i'm +10 GMT, australia :p

mtfbwya

I forgot to tell you i had my breton Jaina Proudmore join the mages guild and work her way up the chain of command! now i anm the Archmage of the whole mages guild!

My Garrett the master theif wears lether armor and he has stolen and sold so much stuff that he now has like 800,000 gold in his pocket and he has a collection of glass, ebony, and dreadric weopon and armor! With Garret, i went through the plot of the game and became neverine! With garrett i broke into the hieliu vualt in Vivec and stole TONS of glass, ebony, and dreadrig weopon and armor and more gold than i ever saw! that place was like the fort knox of morrowind! it was well gurded too! ind i robbed the place without even getting cuaght!

Archived