Home

Obi-Wan Kenobi Saber Hilt is available for download

Achilles

Originally posted by Amezaroth

That's pretty good work like always Achilles, but I still prefer Coljas saberhilts to this, but good work none the less...

Well, you could always churn out a custom saber to use this hilt. I did the very thing with Colja's.

And I must say, if it looks any better in game than it does in the screenshot I'm going to have a friggin' heart attack.

Considering what you had to work with, very good job! :lol:

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

Well, you could always churn out a custom saber to use this hilt. I did the very thing with Colja's.

And I must say, if it looks any better in game than it does in the screenshot I'm going to have a friggin' heart attack.

Considering what you had to work with, very good job! :lol:

Please don't do that. I'd hate to have to put warning labels on a mod :D

Regarding the texture, I was amazed to learn that the game actually uses less than a third of what's there. The mapping kinda sucks too, cuz it uses one section twice, so it's difficult to change the crystal housing without changing the look of the grip :(

The texture

What the model actually uses

Originally posted by Achilles

Regarding the texture, I was amazed to learn that the game actually uses less than a third of what's there.

I found that out as well. Not only that, but there appears to be gaps when the texture is applied. It is disappointing because it really limits what you can do.

Originally posted by Achilles

Regarding the texture, I was amazed to learn that the game actually uses less than a third of what's there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found that out as well. Not only that, but there appears to be gaps when the texture is applied. It is disappointing because it really limits what you can do.

The reason for this is the extremely badly unwrapped mesh

The UV maps is one of the worst I have ever seen , that and they probably had it in mind to use 100 % shader so it really didn't matter, not to mention that they weren’t anticipating any file editing ;)

good work on the hilt Achilles :)

svösh

i know this is a bit late, but who cares! im here to complement you!!! :D:D:D

now you've put me into a mixed decsion:

to stay with Colja's Hilt

or

to use yours,

or even,

i could scrap both to stop both of you getting offended by not using your particular mod........NAH! :p i'll try yours for a bit longer, its the least i can do :D

MattCole

Archived