Home

Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise

Prime

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bneezy

What is a good hex editor to use? I've got Hex Workshop 4.2, but my models keep crashing. What do you use, T7? And when you save them, do you need to do anything special?

I use Hexeplorer. You can find the link in Kitty Kitty thread. It's fair and simple and has a good find function that allows you to find all entrys at the same time and edit one by one. Don't know if its the best though.

Xavier2

Hex workshop is the best editor out there. Very likely the problem is not there: you must be missing an entry somewhere. Anyways, if you really want to try something else, you can check the Guide for the Newbie for more options (2 options proposed in the Guide + a link to a thread providing even more options).

When do you think you'll finish this mod? Not exact date but in less than a week?

I want to play one more time with classic SW movies feeling.

I'm working on Movies music mod, it will replace some music from the game by music from the Movies.

I think this mod will fit well to mine and the Boba Fett mod.

Originally posted by FunSolo

can you give me a (no fixed) release date (this week? next? next month?) for the music please and tell more about it, like what music you use, tomer?

I think i'll release it in a week.

I'm using music from the movies. What you hear in the movies, you'll hear in the game (like in the Cantina, you'll hear the music from ANH in the Cantina). But i wont replace all the music, because then the mod will be too big.

Originally posted by Darth_ToMeR

I think i'll release it in a week.

I'm using music from the movies. What you hear in the movies, you'll hear in the game (like in the Cantina, you'll hear the music from ANH in the Cantina). But i wont replace all the music, because then the mod will be too big.

Hey guys, can I politely ask that you not hijack Prime's thread. This really should be about his mod :D

TIA!

Originally posted by Prime

I'm thinking of having a negative "to hit" modifier. :)

i know this is an old post but its strange how in some games. lets take the jedi knight II series, all the stormtroopers in that series are stupidly BAD they cant aim or anything then compare it with stormtroopers in Starwars Galaxies, they have good aiming and are strong.. whats with that?

Yes, the disguise works on taris with no problem.

I'm working on the .UTI's now to make the armor useable by PC's. Yes, Helmet and Armor will be useable individually.

There should be (correct me if I'm wrong, Prime) two sets of files:

1. Set to change Sith troopers into Stormtroopers.

2. Set to make Stormtrooper armor (helmet and armor) useable by PC's.

UPDATE: Here's the thing: If the helmet and armor are going to be useable individually, the helmet is going to be larger than the one on the Sith troopers (Stormtroopers). This is to ensure that it fits most if not all PC heads. The other option is to have the armor useable on it's own and require the PC to have the armor equipped in order to use the helmet. This way, the helmet can have a disguise property that gives you the full Stormtrooper model as seen on the Sith trooper (smaller helmet). Honestly, what the hell else are you going to wear that monstrous thing with?

Both will use the same textures.

Prime: PM stats for the helmet and armor.

All that is left is the readme and possibly a new "Sith Disguise" icon.

I can do those up. I send them to you when they are completed.

There should (correct me if I'm wrong, Prime) two sets of files:

1. Set to change Sith troopers into Stormtroopers.

2. Set to make Stormtrooper armor (helmet and armor) useable by PC's.

Both will use the same textures.

Prime: PM stats for the helmet and armor.

Yep, that sounds good.

well, quite franly, I was hoping that the helmet could be a seperate item. Per my request on the mod request thread, I seek to have more Helmets in the game.

Honestly, my hope was to see sith trooper outfits replaced by this mod, but have the helmet and armor for the PC to be seperate. This way, I could reskin the helmet for myself and have it fit with my costume better (it's beggin for a helmet!) And if they were seperate, my reskin of the seperate helmet would NOT effect the full armor of the sith troopers (wierd to have a white body and then some rather extravagantly colored helmet.)

And how do you get around replacing the PMBH01 with the Stormtrooper texture and not having the "Heavy Battle Armor" look like a Stormtrooper? You don't! You make g_a_class9001 the new Stormtrooper armor and you make up some BS like:

"The armor(helmet) recovered from a dead Imperial Stormtrooper. Since the previous owner no longer had any use for it, some entrepreneurs took it upon themselves to make it available for a price. Eventhough possesion of such an/a armor/helmet is punishable by death (or worse), it is still a hot commodity to those with dislike for the Empire."

Then you give it a "premium" price. Now obviously, those are two different descriptions for the helmet and armor as one to save typing.

Q: Why don't you just change the texture variation of "g_a_class9001" to "2" and avoid all that.

A: Tried that. It messes with the "Sith Disguise" for some reason.

UPDATE: Harker, both versions can be included with the option of choosing which to install. There will not be any scripting the PC useable armor pieces into the game early on. If you want them, use cheats or wait until you get to the Leviathan.

Archived