Home

Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise

Prime

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Prime

Also, does anyone know if Orsan who made the blaster is still floating around? I want to ask him permission to include and "Englishize" it with the mod. Just wondering if he is still floating around here...

The model and texture are from Jedi Academy. He didn't make those. The helmet was his though. Although, I believe the model and texture from that was from another Jedi Academy MOD. The texture was recolored.

Originally posted by svösh

Now to make your helm shine

[snipped great stuff for space]

Thanks svösh. I'll give that a try and see how it goes. If it is OK with you, I'll PM you if I get stuck. :)

Originally posted by bneezy

I was having all sorts of problems with the whole .txi file creation until I realized the little thing I was doing wrong. I had to make sure that when I saved the text file with "envmaptexture CM_Baremetal" in it, I chose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents (*.txt)" in the "Save as type" menu. Then save it as "texturename.txi". When I forgot to do that, I got "CM_Baremetal.txi.txt". Even if I took the ".txt" off, it wouldn't work. I had to save it right the first time.

I was pretty careful to save the file correctly, but I'll make sure. Thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by Adam G.

I would go with the one on the left because it looks loads better.

After looking at them some more, I agree. The one on the left is like a car that has been repainted with house paint. :)

Originally posted by bneezy

The model and texture are from Jedi Academy. He didn't make those. The helmet was his though. Although, I believe the model and texture from that was from another Jedi Academy MOD. The texture was recolored.

Ah, OK.

Originally posted by Mono_Giganto

Why not ask Hapslash's permission to use his blaster?

Did he make a blaster? I can't remember if he included one with the model or not...

I'm still learning about how Paint Shop Pro deals with masks and alpha channels, but I have an shiny helmet:

stormshine1.jpg

The problem is that the non-white details are also shiny, which I don't want. Also, it is a little too shiny, and I want to reduce that slightly. I'm going to play around a bit more and see what I can figure out.

Did he make a blaster? I can't remember if he included one with the model or not...

I'm still learning about how Paint Shop Pro deals with masks and alpha channels, but I have an shiny helmet:

stormshine1.jpg

The problem is that the non-white details are also shiny, which I don't want. Also, it is a little too shiny, and I want to reduce that slightly. I'm going to play around a bit more and see what I can figure out.

Amazing job Prime :D :D :cool:

Absolutely Prime , pm me if I can be more help to you,

I’m glad my alpha info was helpful ;) by using levels on the alpha, if it’s set up like ps then drag the black point bottom slider to the white a touch this should help the other black parts not shine anymore and will make the overall channel whiter, reducing the shine I think closer to what you had in mind.

svösh

Prime

I don't know if its beyond any utility by now, but i thought i should make my point about envmaptexture better clear, since nobody seems to have noticed they have very diferent effects as you can see in these Jango Fett helmet pics:

JangoHelmetshaders.jpg - Texture with alpha channel and no envmap

JangoHelmetshaders2.jpg - Texture with the same alpha channel and envmap Gunmetal

JangoHelmetshaders3.jpg - Texture with the same alpha channel and envmap CM_Baremetal

See? CM_Baremetal is much more shiny and is applied over a skin in a different way, spreading over all the surface, while Gunmetal concentrates in the edge of the model.

Hope its useful:)

Xavier2

EDIT: Here is another which i think fits better for the stormtrooper. It's less shiny than Gunmetal and is applied to a single spot giving the texture that plastic or fiber look

JangoHelmetshaders4.jpg - Texture with the same alpha channel and envmap CM_Specmap

Thanks for all the great help, guys. :) I've played around with the alpha channel and the .txi file. I've reduced the shine on the armour and added some to the helmet. I think it is a lot closer to the ceramic look of stormtrooper armour. I'm more or less finished the skin, and now with bneezy's help it needs to be added to the game in place of sith troopers. Here is how the stormtrooper looks now in different environments...

storm10.jpg

IIRC bneezy mentioned that when he was playing around with imported helmets, etc. before, they showed up in the game but not in the cutscenes. Does anyone know why this would be?

Thanks again for all your help, everyone. :)

IIRC bneezy mentioned that when he was playing around with imported helmets, etc. before, they showed up in the game but not in the cutscenes. Does anyone know why this would be?

Try looking around in the Stunt modules. I tried to find it for you but I just got home from a long night of drinking and I'm pretty much useless at this point. Good luck!

PS I say this because the stunt utc's are different from the default utc's. I hope that helps.

Edit: perhaps some of the modules might help as well. For instance, lev_m40aa.

Thanks for all the great help, guys. :) I've played around with the alpha channel and the .txi file. I've reduced the shine on the armour and added some to the helmet. I think it is a lot closer to the ceramic look of stormtrooper armour. I'm more or less finished the skin, and now with bneezy's help it needs to be added to the game in place of sith troopers. Here is how the stormtrooper looks now in different environments...

storm10.jpg

:drop2: Awesome work, prime!!!

The shine looks very well! :)

It might just be certain cutscenes. I think most will be fine but I do know that the first dialog cut with Trask can do some odd things. As an example if you use one of the alien npc's to start the game it is very likely that it will be invisible for that scene.

Archived