Home

Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise

Prime

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bneezy

I'll try that Xavier2.

Would it be possible to extract the models with Kotor Tool as usual, and hex editing those so it looks for PMBH15 (or whatever the texture will be called) instead of PMBH01 (default)?

Yes. There are five entrys in PMBHS.mdl pointing to PMBHL01. You can replace 01 for 15. By the way i just thought of a solution for the helmet stuff.

Maybe, instead of replacing the default Sith armor we could give it a disguise property so it could look like the N_Storm line in appearence.2da. Thats the technique i'm using to make my Boba Fett armor (using the soldier model) available to party members and the PC regardless the class, otherwise it would be available only to soldiers PC's.

Of course in this process we need to go back to .uti editing, but using the disguise property without altering any thing else should prevent any bugs.

Xavier2

Sinse your exporting the helm plus the head from gmax then simply rename the model in gmax. If you hex edit a head to use a new texture you MUST change all referances to the old head or you'll get what you did.

Im glad you got it to work bneezy.

edit: Oh and sinse most of the head is not seen you can delete all the polys of the head mesh above the neck. btw whats the poly count.

I've gotten to the skin to the point where I don't think I can do much more. I'm not completely happy with it, as it is frustrating that the texture is symetrical, whereas stormtrooper armour is not. But there is nothing I can do about that. I'll send the files over to bneezy, so he can work with the final version. Anyway, here are some screenshots of the final skin (barring any glaring problems later).

storm11.jpg

Here is the stormtrooper with the Sith troopers it is going to replace. These Sith are the white version I currently use.

storm12.jpg

Originally posted by StormTrooper789

Is today opposite day or something? I don't see anything wrong with that picture. :)

oh, back off a little bit, folks. :p

coming from an artists standpoint, things have to be perfect, and prime saying that its not perfect is justified in my opinion. besides, would you rather have a mod that merely resembles a stormtrooper, or one that is literally the real thing??? the more time spent on it, the better it will be. :D

the wait may be unbearable at times, but the final product will be well worth the wait. excellent job prime, bneezy, xavier2, and anyone else on the project. :D :D

Originally posted by StormTrooper789

Is today opposite day or something? I don't see anything wrong with that picture. :)

Well for starters, things like the "backpack" details. Stormtrooper armour is supposed to have a circle and two vertical stripes. But since the base armour I used has a symetrical texture, I'm stuck with having two circles. To me it looks like he's wearing a tape on his back. :)

Just stuff like that I'm dissapointed with, among other things...

Originally posted by MTV2

do you have the template for it? if so could i see it?

I'm not sure what you mean by template. I used the heavy armour model and completely recreated the texture for that (I think there are shots of the original armour texture earlier in the thread). For the helmet, obviously the layout is very similar to the original texture, even though it has been redone. Is that what you are asking about?

Thanks for all the praise, guys. It is always nice to know that people are looking forward to what you are doing. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by template. I used the heavy armour model and completely recreated the texture for that (I think there are shots of the original armour texture earlier in the thread). For the helmet, obviously the layout is very similar to the original texture, even though it has been redone. Is that what you are asking about?

basically,yes, like when you go into kotor tool, go to erfs, then to texture packs, then ......tpa.erf, then N then the template that you used is what i ment

Originally posted by MTV2

basically,yes, like when you go into kotor tool, go to erfs, then to texture packs, then ......tpa.erf, then N then the template that you used is what i ment

I used PMBH01 as the template, which is under P in the path you mentioned. Again, the helmet is completely custom.

Ethier way Prime it looks like Lucas himself designed this armor. It about as near perfect as you can get without being on the orginal design team with a Ph.D in 3d programing, Programing base on the Chaos Theroy Mathmatical Algrthyums or CTMAP, and 3d textuering by svosh.

WARING GOING TO MENTAL OVERLOAD!:Any questions class? Good then please read all 50,000 pages of (Theroy's of Hybris: volume 50 Programing and textureing of high-end matierals useing overly complex math alrthyums) by 6:00 am in the morning that gives you 4 hours to read so no partys like last night.

REBOOTING MIND

DOS OS IS NOW ACTIVE

STATEMENT:Mind will recover in 5 minites so sit down open a coke and wait you mear meatbags! HAHA HAHA HAHA

SHUTDOWN...

GOOD BYE DAVE

Everything seems to be coming along nicely, very nice!

First of all, Prime is insane. I can totally understand wanting perfection (at least in what you wanted to accomplish with the back of the Stormtrooper model) with the texures, but WOW. They're amazing! Prime set out to make his own helmet texture so it could be released and he not only did that, but he went and made an amazing armor texture as well. Considering the limited (although not so limited anymore thanks to Fred Tetra and cchargin) resources and methods to make MODs for this game, you have outdone yourself.

Prime, you were asked to make something little with only popsicle sticks to work with and created the Tajma Hall.

Great job!

And for the LOVE OF GOD, can someone try the methods listed here to get a unique head to not replace the model it was based on and see if they work for you. I can't get this right to save my life!

Originally posted by T7nowhere

All you have to do is rename the model and I mean all referance to the other model MUST be changed. If you still are stuck after that, I can help you guys out.

When I go to hex edit the model, I'm not sure if I'm changing the texture or the model name (by accident of course.) The "model" name and "texture" name are the SAME. I can' tell which I'm changing. When I change them, KotOR crashes. By the way, do I need to hex edit the model when it is in "ascii" format?

By the way T7, I can send you the files I'm working with right now if you want to see if you can get them to work. PM me and let me know.

I tried the disguise effect i sugested Bneezy, but it works for the body not for the head. I guess the better think to do is go back to editing the Sith soldiers .utc files.

As i said before, you can replace sith appearence in appearence.2da and heads.2da. I tried the same for my Boba Fett project and tried again for the stormtroopers file you sent me. Teh biggest problem is:

Replacing an default apperarence wiil place another body and another head in the character. Its easy enoudh to make the heavy armor model be the new Sith body, but it's not easy to make the helmet turn into a head, since heads need anim and helmets don't have them.

Unless...I have seen an interesting head model that seems to be only a skeleton of a head. I couldn't find where it belongs. If somebody could tell me what's it for, maybe i'll try a couple things when i get home, later.

Xavier2

Yes! Why didn't I think of that? PMBH02. The skeleton head you were referring to. It worked! Great thinking Xavier2!

T7, I still want to find out what the heck is my problem when hex editing the head model. I've sent the files over.

Archived