Home

Favorite Imperial Officer

TK-8252

Who's your favorite Imperial Officer?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite Imperial Officer?

• General Veers (target shield generator.. maximum firepower!)
    • Admiral Piett (the Emperor commands you to make contact with him!)
    • Grand Moff Tarkin (Evacuate? In our moment of triumph??)
    • Captain Needa (apology accepted...)
    • Admiral Ozzel (clumsy as he was stupid...)
    • General Tagge (officer insisting that the Death Star is vulnerable in ANH)
    • Admiral Motti (officer who insulted Vader's faith in the Force in ANH, was choked, and was released)
    • Moff Jerjerroid (Death Star commander scolded by Vader at the beginning of RotJ)
    • Lt. Shann Childsen (described in my post)
    • Other (please post)

So... who's your favorite mastermind of the Imperial military? I've put the most well-known officers on the poll, but don't hesitate to post if your favorite officer is not listed. I've kept EU stuff off the poll (no Grand Admirals for you :p ) because this is the Trilogy!

Mine has to be the ill-fated detention block supervisor, Lieutenant Shann Childsen. Known for calling Chewbacca a "thing," and after pulling out his blaster pistol in a brave attempt to stop the disguised Rebels, was blasted in the abdomen, and moments later, his body was yanked off the control panel and hits the floor with a thud.

Come on, admit it, a smartass officer calling Chewie a "thing" made you chuckle. :)

My second choice has got to be Veers. He was another of the lucky officers to escape the Death Star. In one video game (I forgot which it is), Veers has crash-landed his shuttle in the jungles of Yavin IV, after the destruction of the Death Star. He and his shuttle crew are forced to survive in the jungles.

Not to mention his AT-AT looked awesome. :p

Admiral Piett, he was prim-proper and evil, and because he aquired his position in a most unnerving way and dealt with it smoothly, and he got to command the coolest ship in all of Star Wars. :D

Grand Moff Tarkin is a close second, because Peter Cushing was so cool, and he reaked the essence of a nefarious evil villan, even dwarfing Darth Vader at some moments. :D

no no, he was naturally eeeeevil.

it was he who ordered the total destruction of Alderraan. it was he who, years before, landed his ship on a bunch of activists (the Ghorman Massacre)

he didn't get to the rank of Grand Moff by just following orders, but by showing the emperor that he would do anything for the New Order, even mass genocide.

As far as the question of evil, the excuse of "I was just following orders" was rejected by the Nuremburg trials as an excuse for the Nazi leaders.

In this case, Tarkin was given powers by the Emperor, to do what he wanted ("the Regional Governors now have direct control over their territories"). He had command of the Death Star, so the deaths of everyone on Alderaan were his responsibility (with less, but some shared by the Death Star gunners, morally speaking).

I'm sure there is no such thing as the Nuremburg Trials or Nazi's in Star Wars. :D

But seriously, yeah, they would most likely come to the same conclussion though. :)

And Tarkin is evil, there's no doubt about that. He would do anything, anything, for the New Order.

Especially if it ment securing his own position. ;)

Originally posted by TK-8252

Heh, that's why I figured I might as well put him on the poll.

Only officer who insulted Vader to his face... err... helmet.

yeah, and lived to see another day ... plus you just gotta love a guy with a speech impediment, it goes to show the empire isn't prejudiced.

*edited for stoopid spellig errerz*

Archived