Home

Bit torrent

jon_hill987

yes, wireless. Is that bad with bit torrent? the internet speed is fast enough.

The internet conection is shaired across the house with a wireless router, I didn't set it up so I can't tell you more than that at the moment.

EDIT: its actualy speeding up a bit now, but it is hardly fast (3kb/s)

normally u have to forward ports in the router i think. also, ISP's are starting to throttle known bittorrent ports, so try setting a non standard one, i ususally use one somewhere in the 50k range.

i love bittorrent, its awesome for gettnig the latest distros of w/e linux your running, waaaaayyy faster than having to wait for the ftp transfers that i used to get them from.

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

normally u have to forward ports in the router i think. also, ISP's are starting to throttle known bittorrent ports, so try setting a non standard one, i ususally use one somewhere in the 50k range.

i love bittorrent, its awesome for gettnig the latest distros of w/e linux your running, waaaaayyy faster than having to wait for the ftp transfers that i used to get them from.

....Of course..... that's why I use BitTorrent too...... >_>

Originally posted by Anthony

http://p2p.weblogsinc.com/entry/0401842428674831/

that help?

thanx, That seems usefull, I don't have the password at the moment though and will have to wait for one of my housemates to ge up, I'll say if it works later.

EDIT: got the password, now bit torrent is downloading at a more acceptable speed, still not brilliant but then the speed is suposed to change depending on how popular the file is.

Thanx again, I knew I could count on the swampies!

Archived