Home

What happens to Naboo in EPIII?

TheOutrider

Because that would make sense with the timeline.

O(fcourse, In the prequels, Naboo is only really a frequently seen planet because one of the main characters is a native Naboo. We don't see any Naboo in the OT, and there's not really a reason for it either.

I mean, it's probably a highly guarded Imperial planet in those days...

like fIEND said, watch the ROTJ special edition DVD and it shows Naboo in all its restored glory. Now in terms of Episode III, it is hard to say, but since both the new queen of Naboo and Jar Jar are making cameo returns, its a safe bet that Naboo will be featured, even if it is briefly.

Well, it would be difficult from a political perspective in the movie to turn a planet like Naboo, whose then Queen of Naboo years ago spoke out against the Trade Federation and who later was nearly killed during an execution-styled even on Geonosis. It would be like St Louis, Missouri becoming a back-water town. I just dont see that happening, even with the Clone Wars and all. It is true that not much of Naboo is mentioned in the OT, but neither is Coruscant, which is/was the heart of the Republic, or Geonosis. My guess is that Lucas wasnt sure exactly of the names he would use in the prequels when he wrote the original trilogy. (hence the lack of their mentioning)

Originally posted by Andy867

Well, it would be difficult from a political perspective in the movie to turn a planet like Naboo, whose then Queen of Naboo years ago spoke out against the Trade Federation and who later was nearly killed during an execution-styled even on Geonosis. It would be like St Louis, Missouri becoming a back-water town. I just dont see that happening, even with the Clone Wars and all. It is true that not much of Naboo is mentioned in the OT, but neither is Coruscant, which is/was the heart of the Republic, or Geonosis. My guess is that Lucas wasnt sure exactly of the names he would use in the prequels when he wrote the original trilogy. (hence the lack of their mentioning)

Exactly what i think. I also feel that as messed up a game as it is, SWG shows naboo wasn't destroyed during the clone wars, it would really mess up the timeline, but then again..idiots SOE put jedi during the time between ANH and ESB..at any rate, before they had jedi and it fit the timeline, they had to shoot alot of content stuff past people at lucasarts and such so it didnt conflict, at least i think..:/ and thought EU is in no part of this conversation, ive heard it mentioned in a couple books, though names escape me ATM.

Originally posted by Andy867

My guess is that Lucas wasnt sure exactly of the names he would use in the prequels when he wrote the original trilogy. (hence the lack of their mentioning)

Lucas wasn't thinking of making prequals when he was working on the OT. Remember he put episode IV, V, and VI like that because he wanted to make it seem like it was the end of a bigger story. Only near the end of making the OT's did he think about making a I, II and III.

Actually, Lucas has said that he had always planned a 3-trilogy saga, but never invisioned in the completion of it (for more personal reasons than anything). However, due to time lapse and more so of age, he feels that he should leave the story at ROTJ and leave it open for TV shows, etc.

I have a feeling that Naboo will have a "cameo" appearance in ROTS.

Archived