Home

Got the game? Post your first impressions here!

Darth333

enjoyed it, just finished the pc version. took 32 hours and i didn't finish like 3 sidequests do to extreme freakin' bugging!!! the conversations ran over and over, i found myself goin' in circles half the time. kinda ruined the atmosphere. overall it was different from kotor 1 in a good and bad way. there wasn't a plot twist, seriously wasn't, i wanted one, but there was nothing. who the crap is darth nillius? and why is he so easy to kill....for that matter, why are they all so easy to kill? i was hoping to see revan, talk to the bloke, but nay, he is off in deep space pissing me off while i'm playing a 2nd rate jedi and not the man himself. no offense to the 2nd jedi you play, but you have no real star warsy past, you are named "The Exile." so if kotor 3 rolls out they'll be saying "The Exile" a crapload. i was happy to see carth o nasty and bastilla again, i wanted them to be more involved, groovy thing that mandalore was in the party.

great thing about this game though, it leaves me wanting more.

WHAT I WANT MOST IS TO FIND OUT WHAT THE CRAP IS OUT THERE THAT REVAN FOUND.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My enjoyment of the game increases as I find new mods from the great modders here.

Based on the original, default game, I would have given TSL a C or C+ kinda rating. Hopefully some things, like the dialog looping problems, will get fixed in some upcoming patch.

Unfortunately some other gaps I doubt will be changed in any patch, as they appear to be gaps brought on by the push to get the game out quickly, resulting in content cuts.

The badguys were a little disappointing too. All flash no sizzle.

well of course the damn game wouldnt run on my ati card so i had to go back to my old desktop just to play the game but in terms of first impressions i really liked the first half of the game it seemed like a new and improved version of kotor so i was happy and apart from the occassional video glitches the storyline and the quests were really good

the only real problems i found was the combat ai and the swoop racing. It seems like ur support characters were dumber than the kotor characters they started standing around doin nothing when there mines around they ran straight thru them (even though there not meant to if u choose the rite stance) and also if u stock to many combat moves sometimes my exile likes to just stand there or run up and do a normal attack... man it was annoying

and of course the swoop racing problem were regardless of me crashing, beating the time or going slow i never beat the record..

then...

when u meet all the jedi masters on dantooine (LS) the story line goes down the toliet..

the big secret was that u are a wound in the force .. "big deal.. im over it already" .. its no where near as good as "HOLY S**T im REvan HOLY S**T" .. the game went down hill from der what will all the plot holes that werent answered as well as the lack of any nemesis development leading to the end.. i mean u just rock up at telos and u find out that the guy in the masks name is nihilus barely minutes before u cut him down.. and going to malachor was a smart idea and sion seemed the only enemy which was explained properly.. but the whole ebon hawk damaged then falling then coming back up seemed stupid and the disjointed support characters really showed how rushed the gaeme was.Even kreia as the final enemy seemed pointless .. considering she just wanted to test u so that "u could be all that you could be" crap...

then when the credits started rolling i was like "oh finished u forgot to explain half the game.. but i guess it was aiight"

bottom line ..loved the game... could of been better.... should of been better.. dont rush kotor3

..now playing for the third time

It is quite odd since I do not have any swoop racing glitches. Are you sure you're not thinking about swoop racing on Nar Shadda? That's not a glitch.

Also, the AI is not worse then KOTOR I. In the first game, I would give master rapid shot or master anything to an NPC and he would never use it. At least now, they do.

But they do still run straight into minefields and occasionally stand and do nothing but it's nothing bad.

Also note that the normal attack is always overlooked. It's actually a good idea to use it before you get Master X feat. There is no advantage but no disadvantage neither.

Well I'm new to the forum but I will toss my thoughts into the fray.

I like the idea behind the story I think it has a ton of potential. I thought it was really well told up until about the 3/4 mark then it sort of derailed. I was left with quite a few questions, probably looking for the answers lead me to here.

I terms of game play I liked the new powers. I liked the new robes, I like the Kreia character. I didn't like the character development with all my other characters, there were only a few instances of conversations that were done with rather briefly. The influence thing is nice but difficult to get high influence with all your characters. I guess it gives some replay value.

The ending is hmmm..... not done.... to me is just seems so open ended and IMO just doesn't fit with the Star Wars line of story plots. It just seemed anti climatic. Maybe I expected too much.

I like the game a lot I just think that it needs to be polished up.

First impressions:

1. when t3m4 awakes in the ebon hawk- "CRAP! the glow doesn't work in this game too!?"

2. Building and breaking down items will take a while getting used to.

3. When atris took out the exile's saber- "wtf?! that's MY saber!!" ... definitely a cool factor.

4. Love the new fighting animations!

5. Whoa! Kung foo fighting!

6. No need for holding back levels anymore.

7. Still blur: how did i get the ebon hawk? (even though it's my 3rd time through).

Rather than keep hitting the spoiler tag every other paragraph, I'm just going to hit it all at once, with one exception at the very end:

I thought that the game was generally well done, although I was kind of disappointed with Malachor V. I wish that they were more explicit with the endings for the NPC's, like Atton, Bao-Dur, and especially Mira because I really liked them and wanted to find out what happens. Here's my guesses:

Atton, Bao-Dur, Visas, T3, HK- 47, Visas - stay on Ebon Hawk, escape with you; help repair the ship

Mira - dies when Malachor V explodes or whatever; doesn't make it to the Hawk in time :( [biggest disappointment here]

Handmaiden - remains on Telos at the Academy after you face off with Atris.

Disciple - Didn't get him. Sorry!

Mandalore [cool character!!] - re-gathers his warriors after the Telosian assualt / Ravager and returns to Dxun.

I especially liked seeing Col. Tobin [or whatever his name was] on the Ravager. It kind of bugged me that he was left unresolved, and BOOM, he shows up again and ties that whole plotline together... Very cool.

The planets were different enough for my tastes in terms of situation, background, people, and events - not the same as KOTOR, where everyone is just worried about the Sith. Everyone on each planet seems to be very concerned with what is going on in their neck of the woods instead of the exact same thing everywhere.

I was a little bummed by Darth Nihilus's development [or lack thereof], but didn't sweat it too much.

I was right about Kreia - I saw her 'fall' coming a mile off, but the actual event itself was terrific. I had no idea she would dominate the 'Jedi Masters' like she did - That was awesome and really, I thought, may have been the best part of the whole game. Good job to the Obsidian staff!

Overall, a great game, although the general weakness at the end for explaining what happens to everyone else knocks it from a A- to a B.

But I have one further complaint...

Is it just me, or did they really amp up the sexuality in this game?

From Atton's opening remarks to the PC after you find clothing [as a female character, which I'm playing now because I want to see what the Disciple is like] to sparring with the nearly naked Handmaiden, the exchange with Mira about wanting to bunk with her when she joins the party, and finally the infamous 'charge up her boarding ramp' line, I was very disturbed at the overall amount of sexual content in this game and don't know if I could let my kids play this... if I had kids. I realize that most of the people that play computer games are younger than I and aren't as discerning as I am, but I would positively have died of embarrassment if my wife had walked in on some of what I mentioned above...and my wife is pretty tolerate of what I play. I was *extremely* disappointed with Obsidian / LA in that regard. A few innuendos may have been funny or enjoyable, but it got way out of hand.

Star Wars is one of the few places that I can go to for innocent enjoyment - and one of the few things that I don't mind watching or whatever with friends or kids or even my parents - but now I have to be careful with SW as well. It's a sad day for me.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I would prefer that this kind of stuff be left out of SW altogether, because there's enough trash on television, in other videogames, and in the movies that I know to avoid. I used to be able to recommend SW stuff wholeheartedly, but I don't think I can do that anymore.

So what I would have given an A- or B+ rating drops to a solid C because of that.

Any additional thoughts?

:x-wing:

You thought that was a lot of sexual content?

*refrains from posting flame...

Seriously, princess Leia and the golden bikini anyone? So sparring with the Handmaiden half-naked wasn't so bad compared to that now is it?

And the average player is 31 now. So...

Outside of "charging up her loading ramp", there was nothing really sexual.

Of course, some see sexual content everywhere.

Bastilla and youin love? What about when you removed her clothes? And what the hell was she doing naked in the force cage on the Leviathan?

@ Luke-

If you're OK with the game, it's all good. I pointed out some stuff that bothered me. The topic says 'post your impressions' so I gave them. What I said was based off of personal convictions and deeply held religious beliefs, and also on facts that no one else on this forum had brought up. I was wondering if any other parents or adults had noticed it as well. I know several parents that would be *extremely* upset if their kids were playing TSL and they knew what was in it.

Anyway, I would disagree with you that the boarding ramp line is the only part that is sexual, and I noted *specific* instances in my spoiler above. Maybe I should have said 'indecent' instead of 'sexual'...if so, I apologize.

As for Bastila, no, I never played with her clothing off, nor did I download any of the nude 'patches' that are available online. I watched ROTJ when I was a young kid, and even then was very uncomfortable with the 90% naked Carrie Fisher. That may be one of my reasons why I prefer SW and ESB much more than ROTJ...I don't know, I've never really thought hard about it.

Finally, most of the game players *may* be 31, but a significant majority of them are not. How many people have you seen at EBGames, GameStop, or Wal-Mart buying computer games that are over 31? Not many - I know I haven't seen a lot. I don't know if I've ever seen more than 5 total people over 31 buy computer games in my entire life, and I've been a gamer for more than 12 years now. Usually, I see teens and young adults buying them. Of course, I don't run down to Best Buy everytime a Halo or Half-Life hits the shelf.

Anyway, I've gotten off-subject, and I'd like to get back to the point of this thread. My moral beliefs are not up for debate - at least not on this thread ;).

[on topic]

Is it just me, or is playing as Consular much harder in TSL than it is in KOTOR? I'm having a difficult time with my LS consular, and I've stacked her Wisdom [16], Strength [14], Constitution [16], but she keeps getting killed on me. I've buffed her constitution with the earned attribute points and invested in Force lightning to see if I can counteract it, but I'm still having difficulties - I was soundly whipped by the 5 handmaidens in Telos and was killed twice by Visas before I finally defeated her [although I did have a difficult time with her on my first playthrough]. It seems like a lot of enemies are making their saves, which I don't remember being a problem in KOTOR, and which may explain some of the problems.

I've been playing KOTOR and TSL for about 8 months now, so it's not like I don't know how to build my characters, so I don't know what's going on.

:x-wing:

• 2 weeks later...

I know the games been out a while, but i just got to play it. Here are my thoughts....

The mine station is a bit empty, by that I mean not NPC interaction. I know its only the first stage of the game, but remember what they did with Taris in KOTOR 1. Could have been much more involved.

I thinkt the plot was a bit weak. They kinda forced you to go to Telos. I mean seriously, if i was a wondering Jedi that lost connection with th force, i would scared to death to go up and face the sith on Telos. Maybe giving me a choice from the beginning of whether or not going to Telos would have been a nice first choice in the game.

There's no Sith on Telos and it's the only location unlocked by T3.

This is no different then you being forced to go to Dantooine after leaving Taris in the first game.

Besides, it would make no sense for you to go to Nar Shaddaa and have no idea what to do when you're there. Telos forces you to meet Atris who gives the main quest just like Dantooine forced you to meet the Jedi Masters to get the main quest.

Originally posted by adey12

i love the story way better that kotor 1

Kotor 1 = Very good

Kotor 2= Much better than kotor 1

I love how female and male and LS and DS has diffrent endings and pick up diffrent people have diffrent allies

Then the darkside way in kotor1 is more dark sdish because you get to KILL your allies so it's only you and your apprentice.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

I've just played through TSL, technically it's a good game, but i found the ending very flat and rushed. I men, you spend all that time defeating the forces of evil and all you get is a cinematic ship flying into the sunset as it were. I was kind of dissapointed. And other parts of the ending were seriously disjointed. LA should have given obsidian enough time to do the job properly.

Sinister

Pretty much my only complaint is the ending.I found the game on a whole to be much more fun than the first, I enjoyed it a lot more, and will play it many more times than I did the first...But that ending....Sheesh...seems so rushed.It won't bother me so bad should there be a third one and it picks up right there, but if there is no third, or if it does not pick up exactly at the end of TSL,well, that will be sad.

I give it a 9/10...would have been a 10/10 if the ending was a little bit more satisfying.Still found it much better than 1 though.Good job Obsidian, just next time(if there is one) don't rush it!;)

I absolutely love the first game. There is many things you can do in the game that other games do not have. I have beat the game with a level 8 scout/ level 12 jedi guardian. I want to mix and match all the classes with light side and dark side.

Right now I have a light side level 7 scoundrel/level 3 jedi consular who is having little problems with Calo on Tatooine.

I also beat KOTOR2 too. I had a jedi guardain/weaponmaster. I didnt like the game that much as the first one. Some of the stuff they changed I didnt like.

I loved the first game and I didn't find too much wrong with it except it kinda dragged in places. I have beaten the 7 times now.

I finally sat down and finshed TSL and I was totaly impressed with the game until the end. It ended with a whimper, no epic battle, no real end. The Obsidian needs to get on finishing this game. This game is not done. It feels like this game should have been longer and all the characters from the previous games should have made an apperance. You spuld have been able to visit other planets as well. This games deserves to be finished, whats there is great it just needs to be finished. Great game with out a real ending. Expansion pack any one? Or atleast all the loose ends tied up in the next game.

I have beaten KotOR at least ten times, and I continue to play it weekly/monthly. Needless to say I love the characters and the game as a whole.

With that said however, I like KotOR II much more. KotOR II has a far superior story and much more interesting characters. The way KotOR II finished is spectacular because they made the gamer decide what happened next.

KotOR II > KotOR

They are two of the ten best games I've ever played though, easily.

Originally posted by fLyLiKeThEhAwK3

I have beaten KotOR at least ten times, and I continue to play it weekly/monthly. Needless to say I love the characters and the game as a whole.

With that said however, I like KotOR II much more. KotOR II has a far superior story and much more interesting characters. The way KotOR II finished is spectacular because they made the gamer decide what happened next.

KotOR II > KotOR

They are two of the ten best games I've ever played though, easily.

Dude, Even though it gives us the opportiunity to finish the game, KOTOR 3 SHOULD be made. But this time, they should give the devs the time they need. They rushed KOTOR 2 and, well, while I am still undecided about which one is better, II really needed more work done. I mean, they should have done all the things the game missed and tweak the ending, making it cool and STILL leaving the window open for III. It is almost confirmed they will do it, so lets just sit, chat, have a cofee, and wait for the great finale. (And I sure hope BioWare makes III, dude, really, you gotta see Jade Empire. If they improve even more the engine, 3 will be the greatest thing E V E R !)

It was great!

not since Kings Quest 6 since I loved characters so much.

the only problem was it was hard to navigate, I got stuck not knowing where to go next, and finaly the ending:

it ends with Kreia telling the future and then the Ebon Hawk flies away into space. you don't actualy see an ending.

Archived