Home

Police Marksman takes out a jaywalking sheep

Sivy

Originally posted by Leper Messiah

oh. my. god. why? surely a normal roundabout could do exactly the same thing?

Are you kidding? It looks great. Obviously it's for much more efficiency in traffic. I'd prefer this magic stuff over waiting in queues

That roundabout looks like a new age crop circle. :/ And shooting a sheep is just pathetic - probably the only reason being that they didn't want to stop the traffic long enough to get someone who knew what they were doing to round it up.

"OMG...it would mean people having to wait in a queue for 15 minutes...OMG!"

Really, really sad. I'm beginning to seriously wonder about this country...

Originally posted by StormHammer

And shooting a sheep is just pathetic.

But what if it had really sharp fangs? Nyang-nyang ... y'know, one of those killer sheep from medieval times?

Originally posted by StormHammer

Really, really sad. I'm beginning to seriously wonder about this country...

Then move to ... oh, no, that won't work ... how about ... errm, no ... hmmm ... I guess Canada is going to get awfully crowded until they realize it is f*cked up, too ...

... kind of like leaving your wife because she has bad breath in the morning ... guess what, dude ... ;)

Mike

I wonder how quick they killed it? I can't believe marksmen in this country could get it with one shot.
We have some of the best trained armed response units in the world. And we produce some of the finest long-range arms too.

http://www.met.police.uk/job/job935/live_files/4.htm - Proof that the UK pwns you. Best snipers in the world right here.

They can pattern a deranged gunman to a tee, I don't think a slow-moving sheep would be much of a problem.

But enough of my patriotism, I still think it would have saved the taxpayers money just to stop the traffic for a short while, load the sheep into a van and drive away. Tactical deployments cost money!

Originally posted by Spider AL

But enough of my patriotism, I still think it would have saved the taxpayers money just to stop the traffic for a short while, load the sheep into a van and drive away. Tactical deployments cost money!

Surely, the same method was necessary for the sheep's corpse, not?

jon_hill987:

You mean the double mini roundabout in alphington?

I'm originally from about 3 miles from there.... this thread is great, it mentions my home town AND where i currently live!!! :D

brits:

The best (and infact probably only clever thing about swindon) thing is that they called it the Magic Roundabout. I loved that show!!!. They are making a movie: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/magic_roundabout_movie/

others:

Apparently that roundabout is actually VERY efficient, and fairly easy to cope with once you overcome your initial fear. The trick is to just point yourself at the exit you want and go straight towards it, all you have to do is give priority to anyone coming from the right.

Scares the hell out of first timers though!!!!

Oh no!!!, now i'm starting to sound like a swindonian!!!

Originally posted by toms

You mean the double mini roundabout in alphington?

I'm originally from about 3 miles from there.... this thread is great, it mentions my home town AND where i currently live!!! :D

I think it must be, multimap.com was not good enough for me to find it and I don't know Exeter that well as I've only driven there a few times (mostly going to Banstable or Plymouth).

@ Spider AL: If our armed police are so good why did they shoot a man 6 times in the chest for having a lighter shaped like a gun (they killed him), wouldn't they just shoot him in the shoulder to disarm him? or maybe use one shot?

that reminds me of something i saw on the news a little while ago about american troops in Iraq committing the "heinous war crime" of shooting a dead body, the reason being they believed the man to be playing dead and about to suicide bomb them. The media presented this as absolutely diabolical, but lets think about it for a second. its easy sitting safe at home to say thats out of line, but what if you were there and you suspected that? if you fire and you are correct youve just saved you and your fellow soldiers, if you are wrong, well, far worse things happen in war than an already dead body getting shot

so back to the example Jon Hill brought up, its easy to sit here with the full knowledge it was a lighter and so "oh thats absolutely terrible" but on the scene its a little difficult to get to close enough quarters to examine the lighter. you make it sound like the police performed a drive by on some guy lighting up a cigarette. i know the government wants us to stop smoking but i dont think weve gotten to that stage yet.

edit: and back to that roundabout ye gods! any invading army would get stuck at Swindon

@ Spider AL: If our armed police are so good why did they shoot a man 6 times in the chest for having a lighter shaped like a gun (they killed him), wouldn't they just shoot him in the shoulder to disarm him? or maybe use one shot?
Policy when confronted with a suspect pointing any firearm (or probable firearm) is to take them down. Aiming just to wound takes more time, using just one bullet at close range invites reply in the event of a miss.

It's just the safest option for the police to kill the poor sap. If you're against this policy, we agree because so am I. But that's their policy, so you can't really say that it makes them "bad armed police". They've still proven to be some of the most effective men in the world at shooting people. :) Hooray for England!

Originally posted by ET Warrior

If I were driving and came up on that I'd flip a quick U and try to find another way to my destination. That's the worst thing I've ever seen.

Yea... That junk is scare... I stared at the picture for about a minute, and mind you, Im good with puzzles, but I have NO clue what the hell that thing is... I would hope there was someone infront of me so I could shadow them though it.

Archived