Home

Me and my Big G5

legameboy

Originally posted by InsaneSith

EXACTLY!

I only came in to right the wrong informations. Ignorance is not wanted here people.

have you not heard the old maxim, ignorance is bliss.... and in the land of compy geekdom, nothin is more damn fun than making fun of apple and macs, coz theyre special......

and pixar, etc....yeah, we know they use macs, but what had this got to do with leggy showin off on somethin his dad had prolly had to sell a kidney for :p

mtfbwya

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Astrotoy7

and pixar, etc....yeah, we know they use macs, but what had this got to do with leggy showin off on somethin his dad had prolly had to sell a kidney for :p

mtfbwya

Actually, I bought it with the money I've saved up the past two years. :p

Originally posted by legameboy

Actually, I bought it with the money I've saved up the past two years. :p

you saved for TWO years to buy a MAC !

ROFLMAOIT :D

why o why leggie...... you worked so hard ...and all you get is a MAC :(

sithy, which self important journalist died and made you crusader for the truth :p...these arent the killing fields of Cambodia, or an Iraqi hotzone, its a pack of compy geeks havin a good ole MACvsPC fight ! :D yee-ha !

mtfbwya

Apples are for people that dont know how to use windows, Apples are meant to be easy to use, with limited capability of changing peripherals etc.

All in all..............

APPLE SUCKS

Originally posted by MTV2

Apples are for people that dont know how to use windows

Are you kidding me?

Windows is for people that don't know how to use linux.

Originally posted by Acrylic

I don't wanna hear anymore "*insert Operating system here* sucks", or anything of the sort. Y'hear? </unofficial moderating>

Windows sucks.

I'll say this about Apple, I wouldn't mind a 12inch iBook/Powerbook to take to my classes and carry around if I don't want to lug around my 16inch. A fellow sudent has it and it is pimp. It's small and light enough to carry around, and with the wireless, I can be on the internet...

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I'll say this about Apple, I wouldn't mind a 12inch iBook/Powerbook to take to my classes and carry around if I don't want to lug around my 16inch. A fellow sudent has it and it is pimp. It's small and light enough to carry around, and with the wireless, I can be on the internet...

Well, Windows based laptops can do that too.

It really just depends on what OS you are exposed to first. Changing OSs is like changing your religion......

Well, it is. :p

TiE

Originally posted by txa1265

Showing off your Mac in this place is pretty much 'asking for it', as the tolerance level here is pretty much like declaring your homosexuality at a Texas shotgun convention ... :rolleyes:

Mike

Hey, mind your stereotypes, txa! :D

I figure the only reason Macs are better than PCs at some things is the same reason that PS2 and Xbox can play the games they do - it has to be custom written for the hardware in question. This has its benefits (improved performance, few crashes) and its downsides (little software variety, specialization). So whether it's good or not depends on what you need to use it for.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

Hey, mind your stereotypes, txa! :D

Sorry ;)

All I am saying is that whenever I have posted anything regarding a Mac version of a Star Wars game being announced here, I have gotten riddled with loads of 'MAC is teh sux0r' comments.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

PS2 and Xbox

Perhaps that is a better analogy - Mac and PC are akin to comparing PS2 and XBox - each has a purpose and things it does, and it is up to you to decide which better suits your needs.

Personally I like having both ... that way I can run all of Unix, NeXT, Mac, and PC stuff.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Showing off your Mac in this place is pretty much 'asking for it', as the tolerance level here is pretty much like declaring your homosexuality at a Texas shotgun convention ... :rolleyes:

Mike

:rofl: That's pretty accurate actually. Especially farther south in Texas, near Huntsville (and definitely Jasper).

Archived