Home

Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*

Commando_Iblis

Just the Wookiees? I found the entire Battlefront II to be horrendous. The original was so much better as far as pacing went. You could actually snipe (and lie down PRONE FFS!), but II is like an Unreal Tournament on utter crack. Too fast and unrealistic. I just didnt get a sense of skill achievement. Its just out run out shoot out this and that in a split second. Adding in playable Jedi was a big mistake too. The bonuses were a good idea, but why not make permanent upgrades instead of round based? Ugh!

Im so glad that Pandemic no longer have the license to make another Battlefront. Free Radical Design will be making the next one. About time a company who makes decent FPS games has a stab at the license!

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Me and my friend play BF1 more than BF2 simply because we actually have a chance for 2-player co-op without dying every other second.

On topic. I wouldn't mind playing as a droid squad. Just make the customisable SBDs..something MP only mind as they'd need to be toned down!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read an article or something about it...somebody should google it. "Perhaps all of our questions will be answered in the inevitable sequel, Star Wars: Fascist Commando." If you want to read the whole page, even though i doubt it'll bring much, it's right <a href="http://http://www.pcformat.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35388&subsectionid=680">here</a> I don't know if this is for real, but it's worth a shot...

Umm Sev can't be rescued... He's dead. Seps killed him and yes delta squad does go rogue they join the rebelion along side omega squad and the madnalorians
Thats not actually true I checked on this site that had an interview with the main producers, im going to try and copy and paste then post it when I remember it. they said, " A character that was thought to be dead will make an appearance in the next Republic Commando ". which is referring to Sev of course, So obviously, he is not dead just maybe captured, until it comes out we have no clue on how it is going to be they left us all anxious to know lol, so there will be a sequel.

If you really wish to know what happened to 07 i recommend that you go to youtube.com and look for "A clone apart" trailer. It reveals everything.

What the hell are you talking about? A Clone Apart is about Danson Delta 40 (not Fixer) and the guy who made it used Battlefront II. It has nothing to with Sev, and the whole series has been taken down anyway. All you can see now is the trailer.

Well the game itself was fantastic, and given the amount of multimedia momentum Episode III had going at the time, leaving an open ending was a better idea to roll with at that time, rather than perhaps closing a game off completely.

I dont know about the whole "Fascist Commando" name title. I think Imperial Commando may be more appropriate. The key points we have to consider when talking about a sequel here is how relevant the core content of the story would be in relation to where it would fit into Star Wars. Im not sure if many people would be happy seeing / playing as Deltas cavorting around the galaxy as Jedi killers. Then again; there were some anti Jedi sentiments uttered in Republic Commando (Boss finding the lightsaber anyone?), so its a possibility.

AFAIK, the war is over.. what situation of urgency would call that the recently formed Empire place a crack team of commando units into action, bar eliminating Jedi?

It will be a very difficult task establishing a strong storyline to bring the Deltas back in my opinion, but I would love to see it all happen like the rest of you. Im just unsure where they could take it..

The only ideas that come to mind for me are immediately picking up where you set off in rescuing Sev. Perhaps have options during your missions that you take and will drastically change the outcome of the game. Ala the Jedi Knight games, but with a major plot depth to the game depending on which side you take. For example.. choosing to go into action with a Jedi who takes charge over the squad and may make some foolish choices, giving you more work to do.. and then later having the option of siding with the numerous Jedi or terminating them, upon receiving Order 66. The story could then branch out in numerous ways with you later hunting down Jedi and rogue Clones aiding them, or becoming the rogue clones yourselves and aiding fugitive Jedi to strike against the Empire in various missions.

It would be really cool if you got to use vehicles like in Halo, but i think it would be sweet if the sequel was like a team of elite fighter pilots (and with the flying not all stupid and unrealistic like in star wars galactic battlegrounds where you can flip and about face all fast). I also want to know what happened to Sev (just to make sure he's dead), and maybe include Omega Squad (from the books). I think the ultimate would be with Darman and Etain's son, who is beginning to understand the force and thus has super fast reflexes but no a lightsaber or anything. Maybe's the game could be about his part in fighting the Yuzzhan Vong (alien conquers that come in after the sixth movie), but then he'd need a squad, or itd be like the Jango Fett games. Hmm... actually i think the best would be Delta squad with a new member and they are trying to escape from Order 66 cause all the commandos (according to the books) were brought up to trust the Jedi completely and probably didn't know Order 66. That would be awesome, and i personally think it should take place on a snowy planet (call me nostalgic for Hoth).

[quote

I think you should at least be able to play as different members of the squad somtimes.

Theres a cheat for that. Somewhere or other.Try googling it, it shud come

viewbots I think, although I havent tried it.

As for a sequel:

On the way to the Star Destroyer, the larty gets shot down over Sep territory. they are captured and thrown into a jail cell with someone they thought was dead. They are stripped of their armor which is taken away. Just then, order 66 comes through but they dont hear it. The droids go bust. They escape and meet Kal Skirata who takes them along with some other commandos to Kamino where the Kaminoans remove the growth acceleration and subversion to orders. They meet up with some clone troopers who fill th em in on wat happened and they have to make the choice of which side to join. The rest you can figure out yourself( It wasn't Luke and Han who rescued Leia from the Death Star! That's PROPOGANDA!!!!!)

Archived