Home

Support needed, I just had to put my dog Butch down

BongoBob

Damnit man, thuis day really really sucks. First every teacher I have get's mad at me for something, and then one of my friends is gonna be leaving my school, and now this.

We've had him as long as I can remember, I still remember getting him and nameing him. He was my puppy for at least 7 years, maybe more. And he had a seizure when I was in 7th grade, so that was 3 years ago, and ever since he's been slowly getting meaner and meaner, and he freaked out and tried to bite me. If it had been my little brother that's 4 years old he could have seriously hurt him.

Damnit man, I hate this ****. Walking out of the vets office was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. EVER.

:(

well at least you knew the fate of your dog...we lost our dog of 12+ years...i dont know what happened to her. She went blind about three days before we lost her. my father loved that dog more than ever, it was hard to watch him actually cry. i still miss her....

so i know how you feel Bongo..:(

Wow Bongo. Your friend gets shot in the head, your dog has to get put down and what else? Your gonna make me get emotional man!

I know how you feel. My moms dog died. It was sad.

Don't think about it and you'll get over it soon enough.

sorry to hear that man :( Do you have any other pets ?

just last week our little dog, a chihuahua/shihzu cross got killed...bv foxes we think :( He was a cute lil fella and will be sorely missed...

well, im sure both our dogs have gone to doggie heaven :angel:

here's our dog, quinny :)

Originally posted by BongoBob

Thanks guys, I'm feeling alot better now.

And this seems like the only thread that could be an april fools day thread and actually is true : |

well actually Bob, here in Oz, its afternoon April 2nd :) So I wasnt joking :)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by BongoBob

We've had him as long as I can remember, I still remember getting him and nameing him. He was my puppy for at least 7 years, maybe more. And he had a seizure when I was in 7th grade, so that was 3 years ago, and ever since he's been slowly getting meaner and meaner, and he freaked out and tried to bite me. If it had been my little brother that's 4 years old he could have seriously hurt him.

Hmm, my dog is around 9 years old, had a seizure since he was 5, and if he sleeps in my bed he'll try to bite me. Well, only my feet actually...

:(

(Thing is, my dog is a minature dachund so whenever he does bite my feet the worse thing I get is little puncture marks...)

sorry to hear that man. when i was about 15-16 (heh when i first joined RSN) my dog, Daisy, died. that was sad cause i had alot of good memories of that dog. she died of a kidney failure/old age. :( like a month later i got a stray dog that was following my neighbor around (nobody claimed him), a yellow lab, we named him Buddy cause that's like the only thing he'd respond to. XD he's about 6 years old now.

I don't know what to say. Dogs are true family members, with a personality, unique traits, and undying faithfulness (well, most of them, anyhow:().

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, and of the rest of your day. I hope you'll get a new dog that you'll love as much as ol' Butch.

I've volunteered at a dog/cat/bunny/other small animals shelter, and the staff putting dogs to sleep is the worst:(. We neutered/spayed every animal we got in there so that there'd be less strays.

Sigh. Dogs should have life spans of at least 20+ years, not a short, meager 9-13...

Word of advice: Offer to baby-sit/walk other peoples' doggies. We did that while we had no pets (luckily we finally settled back in our own home and now we've got both a doggie and the cat in my avatar!). I know there's no replacement for Butch, but "substitute dogs" actually help, though maybe not so soon after your doggie died.

I had a great cat growing up. His name was simon and our whole family loved him to death. But as he got older, he developed cancer in one of his eyes. We had the eye removed, but then he went blind in the other eye :(

Then he lost his sense of smell, so he had no sense of direction at all, he would spin circles when he was lost, one night we found him, he was outside in the sprinklers spinning circles, he was so miserable.

We had to put him down, it was hard.

I'm really sorry for your loss

Thanks guys, and sorry to hear about your experiences :(

I gotta go home and check on the puppy though, so it's not like we don't have any pets. but god damn, walking into that house the first time and not having him to greet me and then seeing his old toys, it was the worst :(

That sucks. :( I'm sorry to hear that man.

I know how you feel, my poor dog Dexter has to be put down before too long. He is really old, has cancer and can barely get around anymore, the vet saids he's in alot of pain. Poor guy. I love him. :cry6:

Again, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog.

Sorry to hear that selene :(

I hope you recover from the downtime pretty fast. Although it's tough, life goes on, and if he's in pain, then you should put him down. That's one reason we had to put butch down. The meds they were giving him obviously weren't working, and he kept having seizures and suffering more and more.

Death of animals suck :(

I'm sorry for you, Bongo. None of my dogs have died (yet), but my cat I had a long time ago was run over, suffered grievous injuries and had to be put down. It was not fun. He was a cool kitty though. Hehe, his name was P.E., for Peanut Butter Eater. It probably wasn't good for him to eat, but he loved the stuff. :p

Archived