Home

Rant about Revenge...

urluckyday

What did you think of ROTS?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of ROTS?

• The best movie in the Star Wars series!
    • It was the best prequel!
    • I hated it!
    • I haven't seen it yet, but I'll see it soon!

It's become my favourite of the series. It has some flaws, but they're easy to over look. The movie is like an acid trip through the human condition.

I love the immolation scene and when Yoda's on Kashyyyk and drops his cane after sensing the deaths of the jedi. It just has so much power and he didn't have to say a thing.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

It's become my favourite of the series. It has some flaws, but they're easy to over look. The movie is like an acid trip through the human condition.

Same here. A very interesting way of looking at it I may add. & very true.

Originally posted by legowar

I almost cried when the jedi kid said

"Master Anakin, what do we do?"

Then Anakin pulled out his lightsaber! I was soo shocked, I mean I knew that he was evil, but I didn't think Lucas would show that!

i was like no he wont as well, but the bit that made me sad was when the clones turned on the jedi and they started to die and yoda when he felt it.

It was the best of the prequels, no doubt, but it's stil not OT. The OT movies were calm, RotS is like a rollercoaster. And that's not neccesarily a good thing. Take the Obi/Ani fight for example: if you look at it, you'll see it's been fast-forwarded. It was so fast all you'd see was blue lightsabers. Same with the Palpatine/Mace and others fight. It's all so fast you don't actually see them fight. Don't get me wrong; the fights are pretty great, but not nearly as well choreographed (sp?) as the Obi/Maul/Qui-gon fight, the Dooku/Obi/Ani fight in EPII and the OT fights.

Same goes for other scenes. The love scenes were misplaced sometimes, others seemed rushed... But my overall impression is: great!!!

The poll needs another option, the "I liked it but it wasn't my favorite" option. Anyway, the only parts that almost made me cry were 1: The death of Padme 2: Annie killing the younglings and 3: WHen I saw the burnt up Anikan just lieing there and Obi left him to die, I pitied him, and I from now on for now and forever hate Obi!

I loved this film... Watched it twice already.

I was trembling all the way though it was that good.

I felt sorry for the emperor when he was pinned down on the floor. (I love the darkside :p)

As vader says, "The circle is complete." <-- I know there is more to that quote but it wouldnt sound right lol.

Its about time the jedi scum got their asses kicked and the sith win.

Gonna watch it again tomorrow.

ROTJ still the best but this comes a close second.

John Williams out done himself again for the music. I love all his work.

Originally posted by HertogJan

Take the Obi/Ani fight for example: if you look at it, you'll see it's been fast-forwarded.

... No it wasn't. Infact, much like the obi-maul duel, they thought about slowing it down.

The fights were well choreographed. This is the hayday of the jedi, when they weren't old. In the OT, they fighters are much older and thus a bit slower. And their skills have lessened a bit.

And back in the 70's and 80's these were the fastest sci-fi movies. They were rollercoaster rides. George Lucas, and Star Wars for that matter, is all about "Faster and more intense". Because that's what life in that galaxy far, far away, is like. These are not exactly pleasant fun times.

Same goes for other scenes. The love scenes were misplaced sometimes, others seemed rushed... But my overall impression is: great!!!

Yea, I agree, but I don't want to sit through a 5 hour movie! Even if it is Star Wars, I would have fallen asleep in the midnight showin!

Yea, I agree, but I don't want to sit through a 5 hour movie! Even if it is Star Wars, I would have fallen asleep in the midnight showin!

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

WHen I saw the burnt up Anikan just lieing there and Obi left him to die, I pitied him, and I from now on for now and forever hate Obi!

You felt sorry for Vader? I felt sorry for Obi-Wan. Vader has betrayed everyone that Obi-Wan knows and loves, particularly Anakin. He has to sit there and watch while the person he loved like a son was burning to death before his very eyes. And Vader does nothing to make it easier: "I hate you". I can't imagine how much that must have hurt him. I think this was easily the most powerful (and best) scene in the movie.

I loved it! The best ever! :D

But the ONLY thing I hated was my movie experience. My worst movie experience ever. :( It seemed that everyone in my row and the row in front of me had to take a bathroom break every ****** 10 minutes! (My brother counted 25 people who blocked our view...) And what's worse, my view was blocked at some critical moments. I didn't see Obi shoot Grievous, or when Palpatine zapped Yoda for the first time. I didn't mind the little kids passing; they only took up a fraction of the view. But the FAT people... :mad: They ****** eclipsed the whole screen! GAAAAHHHHHHHHH! :swear:

I've got to get better seats next time. ;)

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

You felt sorry for Vader? I felt sorry for Obi-Wan. Vader has betrayed everyone that Obi-Wan knows and loves, particularly Anakin. He has to sit there and watch while the person he loved like a son was burning to death before his very eyes. And Vader does nothing to make it easier: "I hate you". I can't imagine how much that must have hurt him. I think this was easily the most powerful (and best) scene in the movie.

Yeah Obi took a very powerful hit there. but anikan surely deserved what he got. Killing all the kiddies was his a very large leap in going further to the dark side. But you just can't help feeling a little sorry for someone that just spontanously conbusted and lost all of that hair.

Episode 3 was as full of cliché and ridiculous moments as the first 2 and arguably even moreso. George couldn't go 3 minutes without inspiring his audience to smack their foreheads. I especially disliked the use of R2 and Yoda as comic relief. And the 10 second scene that excuses the technology gap was blatant and pathetic.

It had a few moments of goodness in it but they were far outweighed by wave after wave of redundancy and stupidity. I did like watching Mace Windu eat lightning though... I have wanted to do that to him since episode 1. But in the end, the sucking outweighs the not sucking. Vader's overly-dramatic cliché "NOOOOOO!" is the perfect way to describe the whole prequel series (episodes 1-3).

Let's talk about Grievous. General Grievous (sp?) was about as intimidating as Jar Jar Binks was smart. And who the hell decided to make the armor protecting his vital organs, where he could be killed with one blaster shot, so flimsy that it could be peeled back by hand? Or was that just an easy access flap for when he had to take a crap from his... spleen? (That must have been a spleen.) Too bad he didn't drop a load of spleen on Lucas.

I also enjoyed how Grievous hacked through the whole half of the movie he was in without explanation. It worked well with Palpantine's wheezing scene and was further accentuated by Vader's rasping crawl and scuba mask breathing. All in all, it worked out very well for an anti-smoking campaign... oh wait, it wasn't just a really long anti-smoking commercial? What the hell was it then because it sure has hell wasn't good?

If I were a nice guy I would rate it a 3 out of five but I'm not, so I'll give it a 2 out of 5. George Clueless strikes back with an attack of the ruduntant, cliché revenge!

Archived