Home

New game? -- New movie!!

Ray Jones

Well. I saw this *Star Wars* special on a local emteevee-clone, blahblah, blubb, however, there also was many interviewical stuff with George as main character and suddenly the question-man dropped a question like "So.. what now? - Another Star Wars movie?" and George was like "Oh, hmm, No, I don't think so. The Story of Anakin has been told, that's all I originally wrote about it."

And then he said something like "I think I can use the time I have now to concentrate on the next Indiana Jones movie we are workin' on right now. I talked to some authors and they showed me some material already, and I think it looks good at the moment. I also talked to Steven and Harrison so maybe we can start something in fall this year."

Man, George, that would be cool!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I recall looking in a goerge lucas Filmography way back and seeing a film titled Indiana Jones and the Lost Continent (2001). Well I see that nothing ever came of that.

You're damn right it didn't! what a bogus title, I hardly think George Lucas is going to use a title that cra-

.....hmmm

"New Star Wars Title Announced: Attack of the Clones"

forget i said anything

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I heard he was thinking about doing a film version of Fate of Atlantis which would have rocked, but he then decided to go for a completely original idea.

Noah's ark and the Garden of Eden were also both considered.

Last I heard the script was based in China and was another prequel. Think Emperor's Tomb, maybe.

Hah, good point. I think I was actually talking rubbish in my last post about the prequel. Sorry, I don't know why I typed that. I suppose it just shows how confusing the whole thing is at the moment that I might have said something so wrong by mistake.

What I had meant to say was that it was set after Last Crusade and world war two and will have Indy almost as old as Harrison is. Well, 40-50. They said that they'd be "making fun of his age", anyway. Showing signs of him getting weaker. Indy's dad and some (if not all) of his girls are *rumoured* to return.

Anyway, this is recent - http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=11949

Sounds like they're still working on the script. Also I have no idea what George means by 3D, but I heard that he wants to do that with Star Wars too. I'm going to pressume it means crazy 3D glasses fun and not CGI.

In other news: Jurassic Park IV took me by suprise just now. Whatever happened to the good old trilogy?

• 6 months later...
In other news: Jurassic Park IV took me by suprise just now. Whatever happened to the good old trilogy?

Woah, that one passed right over me. There's another Jaurassic Park movie in the making? I didn't see that coming. I guess trilogies are indeed a 20th century novelty.

Maybe once they realise they are never going agree on everything and Indy 4 probably won't be made - they could just make it as a videogame instead! ;)

Seriously though I think Indy 4 has the potential to be an incredible hit if they can do it right - and hopefully they can produce a great videogame tie-in too!

• 1 month later...

So what is the latest on the next Indiana Jones movie? IMDB is saying 2008. If that is true then it seems kind of weird. I thought for sure LucasArts would release the new Indiana Jones video game around the same time the new movie comes out.

• 2 months later...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/05/people.lucas.ap/index.html

ChAiNz.2da posted a link to this article in the Ahto Spaceport Cantina in reference to the new Star Wars 3D animated series set during the Clone Wars. The last part of the article should be of interest to those looking forward with anticipation for Indiana Jones IV.

It's one of many projects being pursued by Lucas, including a fourth "Indiana Jones" movie.

"We're working on it. We haven't agreed on a script yet," Lucas said.

:eyeraise: Still no script?!?! If that is the case then 2008, the Year of Indiana Jones IV, is looking very iffy indeed.

If you mine movies of Indiana Jones when he was younger, there already is "Young Indiana Jones" movies. I suspect if they want Ford do be Indy again, I'd suggest they hurry up.

Yeah. I believe it will star Harrison Ford again. But he is over sixty, I would of thought, so this will be the last Indy movie.

Archived