Home

Fantastic Four?

Aash Li

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I will see it in the theaters, but I'll rent it when it comes out, eventually.

I'm not really expecting it to be great, but I am kinda curious as to what they did with the movie. Plus, I like the cast. Michael Chiklis, Julian McMahon, and of course Jessica Alba.

I figure, if you don't expect too much, then you wont be disapponted.

EDIT: How the heck did my post end up way up here? I should be right under REDJOHNNYMIKE.

I haven't heard much hype at all, and I never read many comics, including FF, so I guess I'm one of the lucky few it can't really be ruined for, so I'll probably go see it, it doesn't look any worse than WotW and I'm planning on seeing it as well.

@AshLi, :tsk: don't be thinkin those thoughts:p

@Lion, Well my post count got cut to almost nothing, so I guess your just more important, hmm I actually think I had somewhere around 400, but if that was only one month *tries to do math, fails miserably* Uhh I guess I would have been a SUPER MODERATOR by my birthday:D

J/K

Nah, I won't be seeing the fantastic four.

@REDJOHNNYMIKE, Moderators aren't selected because of their post count.

Isn't that odd? I've observed that the higher a person's post count is, the less posts they lose. REDJOHNNYMIKE lost about 400, I lost 1 or 2 hundred, and the moderators lost about 5 or 10.

Originally posted by Aash Li

Are you saying I cant like girls because Im a girl? O_o How very 1950s of you. :p:p

no most guys i know find that a turn on

um RJM said don't think those thoughts to you and i replie whats wrong with thinking those thoughts:p

Originally posted by T7nowhere

It looks like a kids movie, Go see War of the Worlds instead Or RotS ;)

Edit: btw the posts you lost are the ones you made between June,11 to the day it all went kaput. post counts are meaningless.

Not to take this too far off topic, but if you're looking to replace FF with a good film, don't see War of the Worlds. Plot holes are one thing, but this movie took it to a whole other level.

Your money is much better spent on Batman Begins or RotS as T7nowhere suggested.

Tom Cruise is in the movie, what do you expect? Ive been hearing from various places that the movie sucked. It might have mind blowing graphics, but that doesnt mean anything if you have crappy actors and a poor script.

I dont like tom cruise, so I doubt Ill spend 8$ to go see it. Ill wait til its at the library and spend only a dollar ^_^

Originally posted by REDJOHNNYMIKE

@Lion, Well my post count got cut to almost nothing, so I guess your just more important, hmm I actually think I had somewhere around 400, but if that was only one month *tries to do math, fails miserably* Uhh I guess I would have been a SUPER MODERATOR by my birthday:D

J/K

I wan't talking about post count. I meant that you posted before me and somehow my post ended up before yours. I haven't posted too much recently, so I don't think I lost any anyway.

Originally posted by Aash Li

Tom Cruise is in the movie, what do you expect? Ive been hearing from various places that the movie sucked. It might have mind blowing graphics, but that doesnt mean anything if you have crappy actors and a poor script.

I dont like tom cruise, so I doubt Ill spend 8$ to go see it. Ill wait til its at the library and spend only a dollar ^_^

Well to each their own, but FWIW the movie's flaw was not the acting. Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning both did an excellent job. Too bad Spielberg seems blind to plot holes and inconsistencies in this one. If the story had held water, this would have been an easy favorite.

Originally posted by Achilles

Well to each their own, but FWIW the movie's flaw was not the acting. Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning both did an excellent job. Too bad Spielberg seems blind to plot holes and inconsistencies in this one. If the story had held water, this would have been an easy favorite.

whats FWIW?

Oh, I like Dakota Fanning, shes a cutie, and she can act her way out of a paper-bag. :D Spielberg, I think is suffering from the same form of senility that Lucas is. heh.

As a former Marvel Comicbook collector, I was never into the Fantastic Four. I don't like the character chemistry, and it seemed like a stripped down verison of XMen. However, I know that the Fantastic Four came out first in comicbooks. At the moment, I am waiting for the golden child of Marvel to come to the big screen. From what I can tell the "Ghost Rider" will be out soon. Nicholos Cage as "Ghost Rider"...

Fantastic Four is not for everyone, but I do respect the people who like it.

Now, "War of the Worlds"... I know the movie is probally good, but what spoiled it for me was Tom Cruise. Tom has a big mouth. If Tom and other actors would just act, and keep their mouths shut, then I can enjoy more movies. However, Tom seems to have a hidden issue, which is slowly coming to the surface. I bet you: If you watch his transformation over the next few years, you will see a more negative attitude. There is something hidden. He has 'Katie Holmes' followed by a Sciencetology, spelling!?!?, representitive. From what I gather is that the representitive is there to monitor what Katie says. Something big is hidden in Tom's life, and I can't put a face on it. Something dark...

Please note: Tom gives Steven credit for the story.. "War of the Worlds" was originally created on the radio by 'Orson Wells'. I can't spell his first name right!!

There was a news story a few years ago about scientology I think. where they said it was a huge cult. Something like youre taken to this compound and arent allowed to leave until youre funny brainwashed/indoctrinated... or something like that.

Having a scientologist following Katie Holmes around just smacks of wierd-cultness...

Anyway...

Ghostrider you say? And with Nicholas Cage? Oh I hope that is going to be good, because I like both!! ^_^

(And I really wish the people who fiddle with the code woud switch the Submit Reply and New Topic buttons around >_< )

Archived