Home

Time line going back?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Having just seen the latest promo video for Galaxies it left me amazed.

General Grevious was in the trailer but we all know what happened to him. So with the latest expansion pack - Cashing in on the wookiees - has the game time line actually moved back?!

In its two years, the time line hasnt moved at all - the days and nights come but nothing actually changes in terms of the time line. But by adding bug ridden Kashyyk to the game, how can all the new toys from Episode III be added to a timeline thats 30 years ahead?

DMUK

In other words they took a model of Grievous, and renamed it so that it would hopefully attract more users (especially those who watched the commercial, OH, i wanna fight GRIEVOUS!!!) They did it so the timeline wouldnt be messed up also. (and yet we have jedi rofl)

Originally posted by Jo

In other words they took a model of Grievous, and renamed it so that it would hopefully attract more users (especially those who watched the commercial, OH, i wanna fight GRIEVOUS!!!) They did it so the timeline wouldnt be messed up also. (and yet we have jedi rofl)

Well the timeline is still messed up because they went back to episode 3 for the wookies, and galaxies is supposed to take place between RotS and ANH, am I correct?

Originally posted by DarthMoeller

Well the timeline is still messed up because they went back to episode 3 for the wookies, and galaxies is supposed to take place between RotS and ANH, am I correct?

no, it takes place between ANH and ESB. And the wookie world is in the same timeline, during the Trandoshan/Imperial enslavement of all wookies for physical labour and to sell to slave masters in the outer rim.

Originally posted by lil_dude

no, it takes place between ANH and ESB. And the wookie world is in the same timeline, during the Trandoshan/Imperial enslavement of all wookies for physical labour and to sell to slave masters in the outer rim.

Duh, what was I thinking :fist:. The Death Star is destroyed!

It may have been better to set it between the two trilogies, actually. Sure, the stars of the original would still be farmers and smugglers and plump princesses, but there'd still be some actual Jedi left for Vader and the BHs to track down. Would've been nice to see the construction of the original Death Star too...

Originally posted by Trahern Valley

It may have been better to set it between the two trilogies, actually. Sure, the stars of the original would still be farmers and smugglers and plump princesses, but there'd still be some actual Jedi left for Vader and the BHs to track down. Would've been nice to see the construction of the original Death Star too...

But the reality is, that it appears very much so that it's set between the trilogies, in many ways actually (rampant amount of Jedi for instance).

SOE and LucasArts announced a game about the OT era, but gave us something else.

uhmmm just a question... when do we actually know that all jedi's are whiped out??? i mean tarkin said it in ep4.... but he was wrogn when obi wan proved to be alive.. and yoday says it in ep6 that luke will be the last of the jedi.... who says when all other jedi were killed.. in ep 3 obi wan says we need to warn those that may be alive

just a point of argumentation

The reason Ep. 6 is called Return of the Jedi is because the last 2 known Jedi had died, Oni-Wan and Yoda, and Luke was becoming a actual Jedi now. There may have been other Jedi in hiding but most of them gave up their Jedi ways because they were not powerful enough to hide themselves from Vadar and The Emporer. So really there should be a very small number of player Jedi and those that are should get a TEF when you use a power/show your LS in a city/player city, but because I'm nice they won't get one while out in the wild.

Originally posted by Wraith 8

uhmmm just a question... when do we actually know that all jedi's are whiped out??? i mean tarkin said it in ep4.... but he was wrogn when obi wan proved to be alive.. and yoday says it in ep6 that luke will be the last of the jedi.... who says when all other jedi were killed.. in ep 3 obi wan says we need to warn those that may be alive

just a point of argumentation

Because what you saw in the film was only the beginning of the Jedi purge. Vader would later hunt down and destroy those Jedi who had not returned to Coruscant.

Remember. Palpatine had the Republic convinced that the Jedi had attempted a coup to enslave the galaxy. So you can believe they had very few friends in the Republic.

Besides, Obi-Wan says in Episode IV:

"Darth Vader hunted down and destroyed ALL the Jedi Knights. . .now, the Jedi are all but extinct". Except of course for Yoda and himself.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I would rather them not make the expansion and focus on the current issues.

The fact you cant roam around kashyyk like the other planets shows how rushed the game is, with invisible walls everywhere. I got it the very first day.

I couldnt fight, and once i died, i couldnt clone. I waited almost an hour for a CSR to tell me to logout. The timeline needs to be moving forward a little not backwards and by adding a clone grevious proves that they lack any kind of creativity at all

DMUK

Invisible walls on Kashyyk. Hmmm. . .

I've not got into ROTW yet, but I understood that it was a planet divided into sectors, that were unlockable by quests, only. So I took this to mean you could not go everywhere on the planet, initially.

If I misunderstood this, please tell me.

Originally posted by SirLancelot

Invisible walls on Kashyyk. Hmmm. . .

I've not got into ROTW yet, but I understood that it was a planet divided into sectors, that were unlockable by quests, only. So I took this to mean you could not go everywhere on the planet, initially.

If I misunderstood this, please tell me.

well only 1-2 places are unlocked by quests. The entire visible planet is just a giant path which leads all around the map, and you can go anywhere in like 2 min. On this skinny path are many doors which take you into instanced "dungeons" which are much bigger then the planet, but still lame and not very explorable.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I dont mean the unlocking of quests. Im talking about the extremely high hills either side of you ensuring that you are totally restricted in where you can go. If you do manage to climb them, you are stopped from going any further. You can see ahead of you but cant get there because of the invisible walls.

Wookiee world has tried to copy Warcrafts map style but of course Warcraft got this right with its map exploration.

DMUK

As far as timeline goes....I'm so lost these days heh. But to me, the timeline really doesn't matter. I've never read the EU or any of that stuff so I don't know what applies to what or what should be where. Anyways when I do play, I just try to have fun with friends etc.

:-p @ obten lol

Archived