Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Again, please excuse crappy writing. Tiiiiiired.))

*Vivid green bolts of light lance from the Blade fighter at K'Warra. K'Warra holds his hands out and together. The bolts hit a field of light in midair and glance away, shattering the field.

K'Warra emerges from behind the field and streaks through the air towards the fighter, catching the blasts and deflecting them into each other. In less than two seconds he reaches the ship and lands on it, sending a magic blast of energy at the ship's armor. Magic cycles over his body like electricity, K'Warra creating a feedback loop of himself, sending the ship's attacks back at it.

The ship's shield around the Blade pilot retracts, and she emerges - a gargoyle, with a beak like Rwos', dressed in black armor with white shards of crystal embedded in it. The ship continues flying on its own, the Blade easily staying balanced. She draws a long, glowing metal sword.*

----------

*The two Blades with infinity symbols leap towards the Asgardried, their leaps impossibly high. One rolls between the closing bay doors of the Asgardried. One lands atop the Asgardried.

The Infinity Blade on top of the Asgardried thrusts its blade into the ship, piercing its shield and cutting into the exterior. A rippling charge of magic bursts through the sword, scarring the Asgardried's hull.

The Infinity Blade inside the Asgardried is hit by a barrage of multicolored fire from Guy's ship before it can advance more than two steps. Aren's ship is partially in the line of fire, and part of its hull plating is blasted to dust. The Blade's lightsword whirs, and an invisible field in front of the Blade seemingly catches the blasts and deflects them. Most of the blasts go outside the Asgardried, but a few stab holes in the ship's interior*

((Scar: What jolt?))

Asgardried: Interior

Asgardried: Intruder in the cargo hold, sealing off the hold and hoping to hit Sir Vin in the face with a door. This has been a broadcast of your friendly ship service, thank you. Lunch will be served in ten minutes.

Lounge

*Idun took a seat resting her hands on the table before beginning to murmur. a bluish red glow briefly surrounds her, then motionless eyes pure white.*

Cargo hold

Asgardried: No, I like it here. I'm thinking about retiring and starting a family, maybe have my droids build me some children ships.

*Viddall was standing by the access door when Aren's ships entered the hold and the infinity blade jump in right behind it. He drew his sword after Guy's attack on the Blade failed and the bay doors finished closing. Shortly after the ship made its announcement Viddall's eyes glowed a bright bluish red for an instant, returning almost to normal, there was still a faint glow around them. Viddall then drew his sword, and grabbed his shield before approaching the blade*

Viddall: Please stop shooting Guy, we will take care of this.

-------------------------------

Asgardried exterior

*The asgardried's hull shimmered blue for a second before arcs of what appeared as blue electricity begin to run along the hull and up the infinity Blade seemingly at random with no pattern.

Underneath the blade a large glowing dark blue forms shooting up into the center of the infinity blade. At first there is momentary resistance then the beam breaks through the Blade's armor, pushing the infinity Blade off the hull. Once the blade was pierced, the blue beam divereged into four smaller beams going in seperate directions cutting through the Blade, as they made their way out of Blade's body.

Once the beams were free of the Blade, they quiclky shrink back into the hull. The hull shimmered red for a second, during which the Asgardried orientated itself to a large hole in the base, and at the same time cloaked and engaged it's slipstream drive.*

Asgardried Exterior

*The pieces of the Blade fall away, blood and clear fluid and circuity leaking from the severed locations. On the Blade's belt, the teleporter flares and comes apart, a blue core inside splitting open into a disconnected web*

----------

Lounge

*Raschel looks at Idun*

Raschel: Idun? Are you okay? What are you doing?

Chere: Lunch? Is this ship serious? If we're gonna be dumped into a battle why aren't we fighting instead of standing around waiting to be shot?

----------

Outside

*The Blade's sword strikes at K'Warra. K'Warra catches the blade in a field inches away from his hand, concentrating hard, turning the edge of the magic against itself. Cuts open on his hand... and then his resistance fails, but he moves away and the Blade's strike goes wide. K'Warra leaps away and off the ship at her next strike. He claps his hands together and a translucent ripple bursts through the air. The Blade and her ship is hit by the ripple and both tumble.

The Blade slashes through the ripple as it pushes her back, once, twice, thrice, and and the magic energy making it up disintegrates. She opens her wings and glides towards K'Warra. K'Warra hurls magic attacks in the form of bolts at her, but she keeps coming, slicing through them. In return, she produces three axe blades between the her fingers of her free hand and sends them spiraling at K'Warra, occupying him with keeping the actively flying weapons away with a barrage of counterattacks.

With a flick of her wrist, she calls her ship to herself and lands on top of it, using it as an oversized hoverglider. Within seconds, she is again in close proximity to K'Warra.

She strikes at K'Warra three times; each time, he pulls one of the axe-blades into the path of her sword to deflect it. The fourth time he blocks her sword with an interlocking, weaving pattern of repelling and telekinetic magic. The two stand locked together in a stalemate, her sword caught in the field.

Then the Asgardried enters slipstream, and K'Warra smiles. He drops the pattern, and the Blade's sword rips through his defenses and cuts him in half, diagonally down the middle. His body falls lifelessly away*

----------

Cargo Hold

*The Blade leaps high in the air, still deflecting. Guy is forced to stop the majority of the barrage for fear of causing more damage to the ship itself. Droids scamper out of his ship and swarm the Blade, some hovering in the air. The Blade slashes at them, catching a few and cutting them in pieces, but more dodge the strikes and take little pieces out of the thing's armor.*

Guy: *speaking while performing the above* You're going to try to take on a Blade, even a Hound, in personal combat, with no magic experience? Ridiculous. Tell your damned ship to open fire on it and reopen the bay doors! It needs to be flushed out!

Asgardried: Lounge

Valda: Idun, can't really hear you at the moment...best to leave her until this is over.

*Valda walks over to another table and presses a button, a holographic image of the cargo hold appears on the table.*

There really isn't much we can do but watch what is happening.

Asgardried to Chere: Yes my dear, it is always best to enter a battle on a full stomach. Last thing you want is your stomach growling while your trying to cut a persons head off. That is very uncouth.

*Idun begins to mummer again*

-------------------------------

Main entrance

Svafa: Seems like we won't be needed here afterall, come one lets head aft just in case.

Idona: Sounds like a plan. *To Tanara and Elliana* Girls, you can head back to the lounge or stay with us.

-------------------------

Cargo Hold

Viddall: We plan on killing this thing, so please do as we ask. Trust us we will be fine.

*Viddall comes before the Blade taking a middle guard stance. Runes around the rim of his shield begin to glow.*

((Scar get on AIM.

Also, it's not my fault if you don't maneuver your characters into position to do anything. Standing around in a cluster with other characters standing in a cluster doesn't accomplish much :p

Plus, if you're going to post a Whining Post, why not get online so we can discuss what's going on with your chars? W. Irvine, for example.))

Asgardried, Lounge

Chere: Is this ship nuts? Seriously.

----------

Cargo Hold

Guy: Fair warning, if you fall, then I am going to destroy that thing even if it puts a hole the size of a house in your ship and takes you with it.

Inside Guy's ship, the drying pools of blood on the floor begin sparking. A cocoon of white light forms from them in midair and splits open to reveal K'Warra, intact.

Outside, the spiders disengage. The Blade, confronted with a new opponent, raises its lightsword and slashes at Viddall*

Asgardried Lounge

Asgardried: I am not nuts, but I do have nuts. I have a variety of nuts actually, is that what you want for lunch? I would recommend something more filling myself.

----------------------

Cargo Hold

*Viddall easily avoids the slash by sidestepping while simaltaneously slashing at the Blade's legs.*

((Joint post between Admiral and I.))

Asgardried Lounge

Raschel: What's wrong with her? *looking at the holoprojection at Viddall and the infinity Blade facing off* What is that? That isn't a Sith, is it? That almost looks like a lightsaber...

Valda: Whats wrong with whom?

Raschel: With Idun...

----------

Cargo Bay

*K'Warra stands in the open entrance to Guy's ship, watching the two combatants*

K'Warra: This ought to be entertaining.

*The Blade moves away from Viddall's strike and then rapidly back inwards, swinging his sword to catch Viddall's blade. Viddall ducks within the blades stike, bringing his pommel down hard against the blades head, while he uses the rim of his shield to bash against the blades right arm.

The Blade appears unfazed by Viddall's strike to its head. Moving unnaturally fast, it brings its sword backwards and strikes the Aesir's shield with the edge of the blade. Viddall in a whirl of motion, brings his blade across the top of his shield in a downward cut. The runes along the shield flash red, as metal lines from the shield flow out and wrap around the blades sword.

The Blade dodges, moving its entire body to the side in an impressive contortionist feat, out of the arc of Viddall's strike, then rips its sword free with a cut at a different angle. It twirls in a circular motion before leaping into the air, bringing its feet down on the edge of Viddall's shield and slashing downwards with both hands, lightsword charged with a sparking field that tints the white weapon a black-blue color.

A shimmering red field surrounds the top of Viddall, appearing just before the blade landed repelling the blades sword. Viddall drops his shield low while thrusting at his sword upwards, runes in the swords fuller glow a bright orange, flames appear on the sword. The blue field around the Blade's sword bursts as it hits the red field, but seems to wash over Viddall without harming him.

The Blade "catches" the sword point, stopping it and holding it a few inches from its cupped left hand, staying, impossibly, balanced on the shield. The flames form inside an invisible bubble.

K'Warra watches the battle, eyes narrowed*

K'Warra: I think I'm figuring this out. Two minds... One for the magic, one for the sword.

*The Blade strikes at Viddall's sword arm with his own in a strike designed to remove the limb.

Viddall gives slight smile. The rim of his shield morphs into a series of spikes ramming into the Blade's foot. Another field forms near Viddall's sword arm, tentacles run out from the field up along the blades arm twisting and griping the arm. The blade of Viddall's sword is now fully inflamed as Viddall pulls back and slashes at the Blade's knees.

The Blade doesn't react to the spikes impaling its feet. It slashes its sword through the field of tentacles to deflect Viddall's weapon. Blades extend from its wrist and spin, slashing away the tentacles, but the tentacles wrapping its upper arm remain.*

K'Warra: Tentacles? How very... Japanese. But have we a checkmate?

*For each tentacle that is cut, two more go after the Blade's limbs. The spikes impaling the blade's feet grow large and expand, while spikes along the shield's bottom drop to the ground, on the grought the seem to melt and form another sword blade lifting into the air and flying towards the back of the Blade.

Viddall drops his sword low, bringing it around onto the Blades wrist*

K'Warra: Checkmate.

*The Blade leaps upwards off the shield and away from Viddall's sword, slicing through the tentacles with its arm blades, striking away the shield-sword with his own sword. Viddall quickly stabs upward into the Blades gut, twisting the blade as it entered the Blade's flesh. Viddall then pulls his sword upward, helped with the motion of the Infinity Blade slices most of the Blades midsection open.

The Blade falls roughly onto the deck of the Cargo Hold. Viddall quickly steps forward swinging his sword low at the Blade's neck, severing its head. Stepping back the runes on Viddall's shield glowed red as the spikes retracted back into teh shield and the flying sword melts and is reabsorbed. A ripped matrix of circuitry and electric sparks lie exposed in the Blade's wounds, clear fluid and blood running from them.

K'Warra claps*

K'Warra: A few clumsy tactics, but you made up for it with the ending. Bravo.

Guy: *from inside his ship* Remove its limbs, and put your sword through its eye. Take no chances.

*The spider robots swarm over the creature again, slicing through its armor from the inside, sending charges of energy into the exposed wounds.

Viddall quickly dissects the lifeless body before stabbing the sword down into the Blade's eye. Drawing the sword from the Blade's skull the flames disapate from the blade and Viddall sheaths the sword.

The silver device on the Blade's belt glows blue. Tendrils of light crawl across the dismembered body, leaping to cover each of the disconnected techno-organic pieces. The body twists and vanishes in a flash of blue light*

Asgardried Lounge

Valda *with a small smirk*: Don't worry, it isn't catching.

*Valda watched with interest as Viddall and the infinity blade fought, finally it was over*

Asgardried: Intruder no longer amoung the living, tonight Blade steaks, get them well they are freshed. Only thing left is to slam a door in Sir Vin's face. Oh, Cargo bay is now unsealed, and I'm going to fly into a star. Lunch in five minutes.

*As Svafa and Idona enter the lounge, Idun's eyes glow again before returning to normal. She then slumps in her seat, slightly pale. Valda looks at both Svafa and Idona before, opening a cabinet and pulling out a silver pitcher. Pouring the contents into a tankard, Valda hands it to Idun*

Idun *before drinking*: Thank you.

*Svafa and Idona continue pass the lounge and head aft to the cargo hold. Shortly after they pass, Vidar, Ragnar, and Heimdall enter the bridge*

Vidar: Well we are safely away, so everyone can stand down.

---------------------------

Cargo Hold

*Viddall just shrugs at K'Warra, before his eyes breifly glow again and return to normal.*

Asgardried Lounge

Marin: I've never seen a Blade machine. Blades have always been living beings... it's part of the balance...

----------

Cargo Hold

*K'Warra raises his brows at Viddall's eye glow*

K'Warra: What? Nothing to say? No bows to take? *He walks over to Aren's ship and wrenches open the doors, which have been blaster-welded shut together*

K'Warra: Well, hello and welcome back, Ellela, Gortick, Matt, and... *looking at the ork with an evil glint in his eye* ...funny, I could swear we've met before. But you must forgive me, I can't remember your name...

*The ork's eyes widen and she reaches for a sword that isn't there*

----------

Guy's Ship

Guy: *on comm* I'm still tracking Aidan. He's in warp transit. No longer at the base.

((forget it, i'm not even going to argue.))

Sir-Vin *at asgardried's comments of slamming a door in his face* "I won't bet the farm on it."

*Sir-vin changes his direction from the cargo bay and walks to his quarters, with a smirk, he walks with his right arm at his side and his elbow at a 90 degree angle.

... just to make sure*

((Scar: argue about what?

Red: Didn't Gortick stick his head out of the ship....))

Asgardried: Cargo Hold

Viddall: Bows are taken after work is done and over a tankard of mead and some good food.

*The access door opens as Svafa and Idona stride in*

Svafa: Nice fight Viddall.

Viddall: Thank you m'lady.

-----------------------------------

Corridor

Asgardried to Sir Vin: Oh is that a dare?

*The door to Sir Vin's quarters opens a little and then closes, then opens again before closing.*

--------------------------------

Lounge

Heimdall: Interesting, perhaps it was part organic and part machine...

Asgardried: Ooh, joy a blue giant is close. I haven't flown into a star in ages it seems. Time for fun.

Lounge

"I don't mean to sound terribly alarmed as I've been gradually learning that your ship can actually think for itself," Elaina said, "but if my ears aren't playing tricks on me, the ship is talking about flying through a star? Now, I understand I know next to nothing about the ship, but..." A look of extreme concern came to her face. "Can it do that?"

"Well, if we die, we can blame the ship," Tanara chuckled, seeming definitely less concerned than her sister.

Lounge

Asgardried: Of course I can do it. The question is should I? I seem to recall no one was inside me when I flew through the last star, something about the massive amount of heat and radiation making it deadly to be inside me... Guess we will find out soon enough, Since if you all look out the nearest window you will see our destintaion. Lunch will be served in three minutes...

*Outside the a large Blue Giant filled the viewports which tinted just slightly allowing for everyone to look at the star.*

Asgardried: So anyone ever see a Star's core before?

((Yeah... but doesn't mean the doors could open all the way.

Basically that's my ready-made excuse for why Gortick/Ellela/(Matt?) didn't participate in the fight, since "Admiral and Redwing wanted to finish the scene in one day" doesn't really work in-story. ;)))

Lounge

Marin: *to Heimdall* Blades aren't supposed to be made. The Blade magic appears in people, any people from anywhere in the world, and the Blades recruit from those potentials. It keeps the Blades connected...

Raschel: *looking at the faces of the Aesir present* Is it... serious?

Chere: I'm thinking the best thing to do here is ignore everything the ship says.

*Cody stares at the star with a kind of awe on his face, eyes flickering green*

----------

Cargo Hold

K'Warra: *to Gortick, Ellela and Matt, referring to the orks* So where'd you pick up these strays?

*Gortick exits Aren's ship and sighs in relief*

Gortick: Phew. You wouldn't believe the fight we just got through. The orks? Elella brought them.

Elella: She was dying...I couldn't leave her...haven't enough people died today?

Gortick: You're forgetting they tried to KILL US. *He turns to the Orks* Right then, let's be having you!

Lounge

Vidar: I wouldn't recommend that child. The ship doesn't like being ignored, and if you upset it then it will start playing with you... You just need to learn what the ship is serious about and what it is joking about.

And yes the ship is serious, we will be flying into a star very shortly, its very intersting to watch.

*Heimdall takes a seat and looks at Marin*

Heimdall: There are always ways around things and exceptions. Those things may have started out alive but were enhanced or possible othery ways.

-----------------------

Cargo hold

*Svafa, drawing her sword*

Svafa: Hold on Gortick, you are not going to bring enemies onto this ship. Unless of course you mean for them to be executed.

--------------------------

Exterior

*The Asgardried closes upon the the star, runes hidden upon the hull begin to glow a dark red color, at first slowly pulstating, as the ship came near the blue giant the pluses of the runes quickens.

Then the ship plunges into the swirling hot gases of the star heading for the core. THe Asgardried shudders from violent internal winds of the star as passes through oceans of gases. As the ship nears the stars core, the hull takes on an liquid appearance to it.*

-------------------------

Lounge

Asgardried: Hey your still alive, wonder what will happen when we penatrate the core...

"I think at this point, we're all wondering that," Elaina quipped. At Vidar's comments, she seemed to relax. If those words were all that one of the Aesir cared to give, then they couldn't be overly concerned with what would happen to them. And if they weren't, Elaina would just relax. She could tell when an event was above her level of understanding and this was one such event.

"Vidar is right," Tanara murmured softly, staring out the window. "It is interesting."

((OOS: *Wonders why Ellela is acting like a spaz* XD

Also: What does Gortick mean by "Let's be having you"? Let's be having you do what?))

Lounge

Marin: *to Heimdall* Maybe. I don't like this...

Chere: *to Vidar* Whatever happened to machines acting like machines?

*Everyone falls silent as the Asgardried penetrates the star*

Raschel: Unbelievable...

----------

Cargo Bay

K'Warra: What's that I smell? *He exaggeratedly sniffs the air* Blood. Now, is it from the comatose ork in the back of this ship or is it from a certain bleeding heart?

OOS: You're right. Elella's line there sucked. *Edits*

As for Gortick, once again he's speaking British. "Let's be having you," is a phrase traditionally associated with the British Police Force, telling a prisoner or convict to move.

Archived