Home

Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2

Redwing

Cargo Hold

Svafa: You will need to do better thant that if you want to live.

-------------------

Lounge:

Heimdall: No, nothing to do with the time matrix. It's a little complicated but suffice to say he came back to life because of where he was when he died and the drakes whom found him.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cargo Hold

Svafa: You are welcome to try again if you wish. Doing so will mean your sisters death. Of course, unless you do give me something more substantial that will happen anyways, same with your death.

Last chance.

----------------------

Lounge

Heimdall: Something like magic. As far as keeping your memories, I mean exactly that. What if after everything goes back, you retain memories of everything that has gone on here. In which case you will still know how to fight with a sword, but would you want to still give up on being a diplomat?

Cargo Hold

Jeramine: Why would I try again when I've already had the chance to kill your friends who saved my sister, and didn't? I have nothing to offer you except the assurance that if my sister dies you and I all will, perhaps except for K'Warra. If you don't trust my word, your Shadow friend can at least tell you I'm not bluffing.

----------

Lounge

Marin: No. No, I suppose I would not.

Raschel: *Addressing the Asgardried* I hope you don't mind me asking... but where are we heading now?

Cargo hold

Svafa: Because you are a fool? Unless Guy has something to ensure your loyalty I'm afraid you've wasted your last chance. Pity though, I was going to let you live given that you were only a hired hand.

-----------------------

Lounge

Heimdall: Then don't give up on it know. You never know what the future holds.

Asgardried *to Raschels question*: To our next destination I hope. Otherwise I don't know.

Cargo Hold

Guy: *sighing* As I tried to tell you, I can keep them imprisoned, or under restraints to make it difficult for them to use magic or fight. *to the orcs* If we swear not harm you or your sister, will you swear on the fire of the Underland, your ancestral home, to not attack or do anything that will bring us harm so long as you are in our custody here?

Jeramine: If you swear not to harm her? Yes.

K'Warra: And I was so hoping to see you two try to kill each other...

Cargo Hold

Guy: Very well. *Three spider droids emerge from his ship. One approaches Jeramine and attaches restraints to her arms, legs, and neck. The other does the same to Kiri. The third, a smaller droid of a different form, presses glowing devices to Matt's and Kiri's foreheads and raises the two of them, held flat, into the air.

Within minutes, the main hull of Guy's ship arrives. Guy transports the orcs outside the Asgardried*

((OOS: Okay, can we get to where they're going now? :p))

((Darnit BD, why did you have to use "ork"? I used the misspelling specifically because I figured eventually someone would introduce the stereotypical 100% evil orcs, and I wanted to keep them separate... :p))

((Edited, because "ork" was just one of several spelling mistakes.))

((Sorry. If you want to encase this in D&D terms, these particular orcs come from a society that could be described (poorly) as Lawful Neutral. And there is no such thing as an inherent alignment. Essentially they're survivalists, plains dwellers, who developed a code because they needed unity to survive in their harsh environment. That's one major orc society. The other one is Chaotic Neutral, jungle dwellers. Both have a mythology centered around their emergence from the Great Deep, or the Underland underneath the Aether's surface. Hence the name "Orc/k" - the word comes from Orcus or Orkus, a title of the Greco-Roman god of the underworld. That's besides the Tolkeinesque connection (not D&D - these orcs are in no way porcine.)))

((Alright, Lets see about getting this RPG actually moving))

Time Skip: 5 days

Wolven System

*Early in the morning, the Asgardried disengaged its slipstream drive, slowing to a stop at the edge of the Wolven system. The planet split in half by some anomaly.

Inside the Asgardried

*The internal lights of the Asgardried were lowered for the night cycle. Heimdall was in the lounge, working a piece of mithril while sipping hot tea.*

Asgardried: This is strange

Heimdall: What?

Asgardried: Someone cut the planet in half. I will be very upset if they destroyed my favorite spot on that planet.

Heimdall: You've never been here before.

Asgardried: So?

Heimdall: Nothing, whats our ETA?

Asgardried: Following the map, about thirty minutes.

Wolven System

Guy's Ship

*Guy's ship, no longer bearing signs of scarring, emerges in the middle of the system, somewhat further from the planet than he expected.

Cody and K'Warra stand at a large translucent viewport, watching.

In front of them, a planet lies split in half from the center to the top, surrounded by a meteor field of debris. Extending from the center of the torn planet and reaching 'up' into space many times the planet's height is an immense tear in space, mostly a blinding blue and white color with a gaseous rainbow-colored nebula surrounding its apparent edges.*

K'Warra: Amazing, isn't it.

Cody: What is it?

K'Warra: A tear in reality. A hole in the world.

Cody: Who made it? Where does it go?

K'Warra: I don't know. But I expect we're going to find out. Someone's waiting for us.

Cody: I see her.

K'Warra: I know. She... or it... wants us to.

Cody: She... knows me. She knows us. I can tell.

Cockpit

*Guy checks on Matt before proceeding. He is comatose and on life support from magical radiation infecting some of his wounds, but stable. As he returns to checking analyzations of the dimensional rift splitting the planet open, he suddenly feels the distinct sense of being watched. Yet none of his scanners alert him to anyone on *

Guy: Hello?

*A voice echoes in his head, soundless. Hello, child. I am Ker, and I am called Doom. I wait on the silent planet, and nearly a year have I waited. Come and see me.

Guy views a mental projection of the map inside his mind. It has changed, and the path leads onto the planet itself, on one of the major fragments.

Oddly, a breathable atmosphere has formed there, perhaps leaked from the tear*

Guy: Ship. Analyze and cross-reference the makeup of the atmosphere present on this planet.

Ship: Analyzation result: 100% match found. Location: Earth, sub-plane Aether. Location, 96% likelihood: Upper Archon. Single unidentified life form present.

*Guy sends the results to the Asgardried*

*The orcs advance in good order, until, 500 paces from the Agamari, the ground ripples in front of them and 300 armoured archers with compound bows rise up, lossing volley at the tightly packed shield wall they turn and run. The orcs break into a run in an effort to try and catch them but the archers are too light on their feet. Before they have gone a hundred paces a second line rears up, loosing a volley at close range into the now broken shield wall, over a hundred orcs fall. Now the light archers begin to skirmish back towards the Agamarian line, shooting, running fifteen paces, through the last line and shooting again. The officers now once again have control of their orcs and they move foward slowly, shield up and locked together. With the shield wall taking losses the crossbowmen are trapped behind their lines and unable to use their weapons.*

• 2 months later...

Asgardried: Tanara's Quarters

"You can't sleep," Elaina said quietly, slipping into Tanara's quarters. Tanara was seated in a meditative stance on her bed and slowly opened her eyes as her sister entered. Shaking her head, she unfolded her legs and let them hang over the edge of the bed.

"No," she agreed. "I can't. Kira wants to use me again. She wants to kill you."

"Because I carry Teri, I suppose," Elaina observed. Tanara nodded.

"I've been fighting her off, but she keeps pushing harder and harder for control," she said. "If I sleep, I'm almost positive I'd awake under her control."

"Perhaps it would be a good idea to inform Idona of Kira's interruption of your sleep cycles," Elaina suggested. With a weary sigh, Tanara nodded.

"Asgardried," she said, "is Idona awake? And if so, where is she? We need to talk to her."

Asgardried: Bridge

*As Heimdall studied the readouts that Guy had sent the door slides open and Vidar enters*

Vidar: Interesting place to start the next part of this quest.

Heimdall: Yes it is. Everyone awake?

Vidar: I believe so, Svafa is looking for Marin to go over a few last minute details in case we have to fight. Gerd is in the upper lounge watching a hologram about the early empires. When I passed the ship was showing her a map of the galaxy outlining their borders. The rest are in the lounge.

Heimdall: Why is Gerd learning about the ancient galatic nations?

-----------------------

Lounge

*The rest of the Aesir were in the main lounge sipping a special mead. Viddall had his legs propped up on the table running a sharpening stone along the edge of his blade. Idona, and Valda sat at a table looking over a monitor while Idun headed towards the kitchen. Ragnar sat beside Viddall pulling on his guantlets and checking his gear.*

------------------------

Tanara's quarters

Asgardried: I don't know if I should tell you, after all you didn't say please...well I guess I could just this one time, I'm sure Idona will eventually get along to teaching you some manners. At least she better lest I interrupt her honeymoon.

Anyways she is in the lounge with the others. Don't worry you can tell her all your problems their the Aesir all know what plagues you.

Tanara smiled faintly. "Perhaps a 'thank you' now will slightly negate the offense of having missed the 'please'," she said. Sighing, she stood. "Come along, Elaina. Let's see if we can't do something to get me some rest."

Asgardried, Lounge

*Orthos sits reading, while Elella and Gortick meditate. The ship dropping out of Slipstream causes Orthos to look up at the viewport, casuing him to drop his book in shock*

Orthos: Oh hells...

*Elella and Gortick awake*

Elella: Can you hear that? It's like a rend in the force. As if what ever life was on that world is perpetually screaming....oh Lords...

Gortick: Damn...

((WJ: I'm just going to assume Tanara and Elaina arrived at the lounge

Red: Waiting for you to proceed: Aka have Guy make a recommendation to Heimdall on what they should do))

Asgardried Lounge

*Idun comes up to Tanara and Elaina carrying a silver tankard*

Idun: *Handing the tankard to Tanara* Here, drink this. It is a special mead that will reviatlize you, you should feel like you had a good eight hours of restful sleep. When you finish it just put it back in the kitchen, I now need to get some things ready, have a nice chat with Idona.

((Admiral: I thought you were simply going to have the Asgardried land. *shrug* Also, Marin can be assumed to be in the lounge. ))

Guy's Ship, Cockpit

Guy: *comm* Recommend we land. It seems someone is waiting for us.

*His ship heads for the planet surface*

Asgardried Lounge

Tanara smiled, took the tankard and thanked Idun. As the sisters moved past her toward Idona, Elaina quietly asked Tanara, "Is it just me, or do the Aesir seem to know everything before we mention it?"

Tanara smiled slightly. "Well, I do look like I've not had a decent period of rest in a couple of days," she commented. She drank the contents of the tankard and approached Idona.

"I hope we're not interrupting anything," she said quietly.

*At 200 paces the Longbowmen begin firing over the heads of the orcs, taking fire from two sides the shield wall grinds to a halt and the orcs dig in, shields locked together, heads down. Slowly, they begin to retire, this action losing them more men. The Agamari skirmishers follow them, losing five more volleys, they retire with empty quivers, having forced the orcs back 400 paces from the main line. The elite skirmishers retire behind the Agamari infantry and take up fresh quivers.

No longer being peppered by arrows the Tarsai bring their crossbowmen foward, advancing to 300 paces they begin lossing volleys, their weapons out-ranging the Agamari longbows. Now properly covered the orcish infantry begin to advance once more.*

Guy's Ship

*Sir-Vin desided to take this leg of the trip on Guy's ship. He stood awake watching out of one of the portholes.

When both ships broke hyperspace and was viewed the awe of the planet, Sir-vin came to the cockpit to view the sight.*

Guy: Ship. Analyze and cross-reference the makeup of the atmosphere present on this planet.

Ship: Analyzation result: 100% match found. Location: Earth, sub-plane Aether. Location, 96% likelihood: Upper Archon. Single unidentified life form present.

*Guy sends the results to the Asgardried*

Guy: *comm* Recommend we land. It seems someone is waiting for us.

*The ship begins to head for the planet's surface....

Sir-Vin remained quiet during the decent, but his interest grew as the planet got closer. Suddenly as the ship hit atmo., Sir-vin's arm that he'd been leaning on one of the cockpit's chair's, gives out. Sir-vin instinctively holds his head with his other hand and then falls to the floor fainted.

The red tint in his hair bleeds out like water onto the floor and his hair fades to black.*

((There you go red, i think this should take care of survie for this thread for a while...))

Archived