Home

The New Look SWForum : Yay or Nay ?!!

Astrotoy7

The EU forum's new look - What do you think ?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. The EU forum's new look - What do you think ?

• Awesome. The banner and coloure are cool !
    • No, I dont like it. Its not very EU...
    • Yoda

Of course we have switched to VB3, which is nice, but the new look is.....not very EU. The old banner had images from EU novels, now we have the jedi temple and images from AOTC :( Not very EU..

And the default colour scheme is poo brown....not good. (we might be able to change this individually in our cp??)

ah well, beggars cant be choosers :(

I would like to hear what others think, I would really like a new banner. Even if we have to make one ourselves :)

vote !! (please note, if you vote, its just for the look of the place, not about VB3 :) )

mtfbwya

yes, I noticed the banners are universal across all forums. So *all* parts of SWforums share that banner... I wonder if there is any scope to put in separate ones eventually. In the meantime though, I'll try get used to this brown..... :( Ive looked at other areas, and so far this one is the weirdest :(

ah well, life goes on :p

mtfbwya

As for banners, will there be specific ones for each section? If so, can the collecting veterans (myself, ZBomber, and daring dueler) choose what goes on it? Not that the last one was ugly, it was just full of stuff we don't collect.

Yeah, EU and OT rules. Why are the banners now so PT heavy? I think a good mix of each would do. A little of everything for everyone.

Also, and in defense to the colors, I think they're brilliant. They don't hurt my eyes. Not too bright, not too dark. Instead of replacing them, is it possible to choose color schemes/ templates from the User CP?

Well, I only come for the collecting. I left Yoda's Swamp a couple years ago. Still, I love to see how fast you guys are working on this place. It is really attractive and better than ever. Good luck getting it perfected as you and the members see fit ;)

Lynks banner for the win! \o/

EDIT - Also, if you guys do end up having different banners for the sections, and no one else wants to do it, I'd be glad to make the collecting banner. :D I talk to daring dueler and Katarn07 quite a bit, and I could get the pictures to look good and stuff.

Just letting you guys know if you're interested, I don't wanna brag but I'm not that bad at PS. :D

Well, feedback is part of the process. We'll have our artists whip up some new colors and an EU banner. We DO pay attention to folks' input and we act on it. Give us a few days to come up with something EU'ish. ;)

Ari

awesome! Thanks Ari :)

@Lynky: thanks for the move/rename - I was just about to do it once I realsied the change was universal across SW forums :) And your OT/PT banner is awesome !!!!! I hope the EU they come up with is as cool :)

mtfbwya

The colour scheme is very, very ugly. The banner's cool, but the Geonosian pic just doesn't fit in the Coruscant landscape (which is plain uber). There should be indivisual banners, though. But in any case, the colour scheme of the SWForums needs to be changed and I'm not voting till it is!

Archived