Home

Learning the ways of the force [WIP]

Darth333

Thanks for the feedback.

I hex edited the model file to point at the new textures. In fact, I'm only using room 262telu for this mod (renamed to 263telu). I got rid of the rest of the other rooms in the area as they didn't fit the location of the tomb. I had to rename and edit the .lyt file too and delete references to other rooms in the 262tel area or it would crash when loading from a savegame (but it loaded when entering the module for the first time).

With that method, the new textures won't replace the textures in the original 262tel module, only in the new one :D

Which files did you hex edit for the textures the mdl or the mdx and if I understand the mdlops renamer/replacer won't work for module model textures ??

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hex edited the .mdl. Let's say it was pointing to a texture named tel_ja09 , I just changed it so it pointed to something else such as tel_d333 (the number of characters has to be the same). Works the same as a lightsaber. Then I renamed the .mdl and .mdx, edited the .lyt file, the .wok and the git to refer to my new module and edited models.

I hate to sound stupid, but what is a .wok?
It's a deep bowl shaped "skillet" mainly used for preparing stir-fry :xp: hehehe...

oh wait... you mean .wok.. it's a walkmesh file used in Bioware's Aurora Engine models :)

For anyone who's interested, here's a handy .pdf file explaining alot about Aurora's extensions.. many of which I believe everyone will recognize ;)

http://nwn.bioware.com/developers/Bioware_Aurora_KeyBIF_Format.pdf

It's a deep bowl shaped "skillet" mainly used for preparing stir-fry :xp: hehehe...

Really? I'd never have guessed :xp:

oh wait... you mean .wok.. it's a walkmesh file used in Bioware's Aurora Engine models :)

For anyone who's interested, here's a handy .pdf file explaining alot about Aurora's extensions.. many of which I believe everyone will recognize ;)

http://nwn.bioware.com/developers/Bioware_Aurora_KeyBIF_Format.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Just a small update:

Well this mod has grown bigger than expected: the mod should add a few additional hours of gameplay and the cutscenes will vary depending on your alignment. Here is the progress so far:

- Dxun Jungle expansion : 95% done: this adds a new section to the Dxun Jungle (you'll have to work hard to be able to access this part of the Jungle!) with new side quests with LS and DS options. Dialogues are fully voiced over and there are a few surprises...The only thing that remains to be done here is the banter and the influence stuff.

-New Dxun tomb: more or less 45% completed - 2 modules almost completed (the item placement is not finished), two more modules to do.

-Korriban tomb scenes: 100% done

-Intergalactic smuggling quest: 15% done - As I said above: you'll have to work hard to access the new Dxun Jungle section :D

-Dantoine expansion: err... 0% done :o

-Force powers: two more force powers and some dialogue on board the Ebon Hawk to do.

Short video preview of the Dxun tomb: http://media.putfile.com/K249

Awesome work!!! I'm really looking forward to this mod... (only second to TSLRP in my agenda, if you'll excuse me)

The music is cool, quite epic and goes pretty well with the scene. I always thought this particular theme was worthy of more time in the game (was kinda wasted, there at the end, wasn`t it?) so your mode will make up for it.

Yes, it will use the installer. The mod should be compatible with other mods. When npcs/placeables have to be spawned in an original game module, I use scripts and I try to plant them in locations that are not normally used by other modders. Area transitions shouldn't pose any problem either: when travelling from an existing module, the transition script is attached to a custom invisible plabeable. I try to make it as little "intrusive" as possible and I will not repack existing modules.

Archived