Home

Learning the ways of the force [WIP]

Darth333

It can take a bit of work to keep track of datapads in your inventory since you usually end up with lots of them. Not naming them all "Datapad" like Bioware/Obsidian seems to prefer would probably help with that though :)

Darth333, how about dropping the datapad idea. Forget datapads, use a holocron instead.

You can make it an ancient Jedi (or Sith) holocron that is guiding you through the quest. You could use the appearance of the (fake) holocron you can buy on Dantooine, but with it funtioning and using the same interface of the datapad format.

Just an idea. I thought of this alternative since the quest is in search of new Force powers. Not to mention a holocron couldn't get as lost in a sea of datapads as easily as yet another datapad can. Neither is a holocron as easily forgettable.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to use the journal with stoffe's patcher but there will be a few datapads along the way too.

Note however that I am currently unable to work on this project due to a heavy workload: I have workweeks of over 80 hours and I expect this to last at least until June 4. When I get home, my brain is already overheating and I just don't feel like modding. As soon as the workload goes down, I'll get back to this mod.

I decided to use the journal with stoffe's patcher but there will be a few datapads along the way too.

Note however that I am currently unable to work on this project due to a heavy workload: I have workweeks of over 80 hours and I expect this to last at least until June 4. When I get home, my brain is already overheating and I just don't feel like modding. As soon as the workload goes down, I'll get back to this mod.

Besides you have Oblivion to contend with as well right Darth333. :D But we understand a lawyers life is chaotic.

Edit: No, I don't even have time for Oblivion right now. I have mod projects for that too but I just had the time to play for an hour last weekend... :( - d3

• 1 month later...

D3 will likely only update this thread when she has something to say about the mod. If she hasnt updated then she has nothing to post. This could be for several reasons, real life stuff, hasnt got anything to report, doesn't feel like reporting anything new yet. But seeing D3 hasnt updated then I would say there is no new news for this project. My suggestion is wait until D3 posts any news she has.

D3 will likely only update this thread when she has something to say about the mod. If she hasnt updated then she has nothing to post. This could be for several reasons, real life stuff, hasnt got anything to report, doesn't feel like reporting anything new yet. But seeing D3 hasnt updated then I would say there is no new news for this project. My suggestion is wait until D3 posts any news she has.

Yes.. But she may update from time to time ... There was many moders witch let us to belive they work you know some images, some info .... and in the end we look at the sun and blind us.....

Well ... just hope she not foghot us...

I did not forgot the mod and I intend to finish it. However, I had very little time to work on the mod during the past few months and things are progressing slowly (most of the work I've done since the last update was verifying .dlg files and adjusting some scripts). I should be able to post some new screenies at the beginning of July and if I have enough time, release at least a good part of the mod (the Dxun extension).

I did not forgot the mod and I intend to finish it. However, I had very little time to work on the mod during the past few months and things are progressing slowly (most of the work I've done since the last update was verifying .dlg files and adjusting some scripts). I should be able to post some new screenies at the beginning of July and if I have enough time, release at least a good part of the mod (the Dxun extension).

Take your time Darth333. Real life is more important than doing anything that involves gaming. :eek:;)

It's good to know that you did not foghot us. Take your time.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

No, the mod won't be ready this year. In fact I lost a good part of the mod two months ago due to a corrupted backup. I also have to buy K2 again (not a big problem and I'm planning to do it) as I forgot my CDs in the Artic during a business trip. I'd like to complete the mod but I don't know if I feel like going through all this work again :( I can't tell at this time whether I'll complete it or not.

Archived