Home

Learning the ways of the force [WIP]

Darth333

"No but your PC will be able to play some music " Good Golly Miss D3!!!:D

How long do I have to get a new sound card?

So if the tomb has jedi as some of it's gaurdians, are they there to protect a lightsider, or slaves to a darksider, or are they figmental?

Do you mean "level up" as in Knight to Master Speed, or a new attribute of force powers (like increasing knockback or stun)?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I mean leveling up a force power like the floating lightsabers per example. The thing is that if I make the first level of the force power available only through scripting, I have to do the same for the two next levels. The game won't let me make them selectable in the level up screen unless the first level is selectable too. I have to script the two next levels somewhere.

This is where the idea of a meditation area came up...each 2-3 levels the player can meditate and have the option to gain new force powers and or bonus attribute points. I don't know if I should give the choice to select what to upgrade or make it random.

(edit: I splitted some posts from the request thread in the mod request forum as it was looking more like a wip thread than anything else. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158557)

Wow!

You are truly amazing!

For the Death Field lvl 3, you could use EffectCrush() for an extra specialness in the draining (I did this a while back, but it's not very good, IMHO...You'd make a far better one.)

How did you re-skin 262TEL? Is it a plain reskin, or did you have to HEX edit? Could you post a tut at some point? Or is there one?

Have I mentioned your awesome-tastic-fabul-wondro-magnifi-super-uberness yet?

You are awesome-tastic-fabul-wondro-magnifi-super-ubericious!

:D:D:D:D

Thanks for the feedback.

How did you re-skin 262TEL? Is it a plain reskin, or did you have to HEX edit? Could you post a tut at some point? Or is there one?

I hex edited the model file to point at the new textures. In fact, I'm only using room 262telu for this mod (renamed to 263telu). I got rid of the rest of the other rooms in the area as they didn't fit the location of the tomb. I had to rename and edit the .lyt file too and delete references to other rooms in the 262tel area or it would crash when loading from a savegame (but it loaded when entering the module for the first time).

With that method, the new textures won't replace the textures in the original 262tel module, only in the new one :D

...and I'll look at the force crush effect from a bit closer...thanks for the suggestions.

wow this looks great one question though the floating lightsabers will they be the one you have equipped or always the blue one canr wait to download im getting gitty like a school girl cant wait hehe

They will be red or blue depending on your alignment. You can already get the force power here: http://www.lucasfiles.com/?s=&action=file&id=1172 if you want. However, I made a few tweaks in the new version to be included with the new area mod.

I can also add a check to see if the pc has a lightsaber equipped and if yes, spawn the same saber. If the pc has another weapon equipped, then I can spawn blue or red sabers. The main reason why I didn't do it until now is that I didn't wanted the sabers to be too overkill. Normally the pc has a fully upgraded lightsaber in hands... I am opened to suggestions about this.

(Saberfloat) I can also add a check to see if the pc has a lightsaber equipped and if yes, spawn the same saber. If the pc has another weapon equipped, then I can spawn blue or red sabers. The main reason why I didn't do it until now is that I didn't wanted the sabers to be too overkill. Normally the pc has a fully upgraded lightsaber in hands... I am opened to suggestions about this.

This would only work for custom sabers where the ResRef and Tag are identical, since the scripting function to get the ResRef of an object is missing in Odyssey (which turned out to be quite a pain, requiring workarounds when I was doing a clone force power). :/

As for upgrades, that wouldn't be too much of a problem since a new instance of a saber wouldn't have the upgrades the player has installed in theirs (and you can't modify weapon/armor upgrades through scripts as far as I know). The problem with overkill would mostly manifest itself with lightsabers that have powerful properties from scratch without any upgrades installed. :)

(That, and people using double-bladed sabers would get multiple technically dual-wielding lightsabers floating around :))

As for upgrades, that wouldn't be too much of a problem since a new instance of a saber wouldn't have the upgrades the player has installed in theirs (and you can't modify weapon/armor upgrades through scripts as far as I know). The problem with overkill would mostly manifest itself with lightsabers that have powerful properties from scratch without any upgrades installed. :)

Thanks for letting me know this stoffe :) I have never tried it though now that you mention it, I remember someone trying to add upgrades through scripts unsuccessfully.

Edit...and the double bladed sabers...uh...well I'll stick to red and blue...or I'm sure I'll forget something...

Darth: Very interesting! Could you write a tut some time?

As for crush, from k_inc_force.nss:

effect eCrush = EffectCrush();
(oTarget, eCrush,
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eCrush, oTarget, 2.0);
DelayCommand( 1.64, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eDamage, oTarget) );

DelayCommand( 2.0, ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_TEMPORARY, eDrop, oTarget) );

Unfortunately, this seems to be mutually exclusive with the effect of being surrounded by the drain life/death field surround effect.

Glad to see you back working on this Darth333 :)

I can also add a check to see if the pc has a lightsaber equipped and if yes, spawn the same saber. If the pc has another weapon equipped, then I can spawn blue or red sabers. The main reason why I didn't do it until now is that I didn't wanted the sabers to be too overkill. Normally the pc has a fully upgraded lightsaber in hands... I am opened to suggestions about this.
I think just spawning plain lightsabers is enough. Lightsabers are powerful as it is and with your fully upgraded lightsaber plus the floating ones, that force power is already one very potent one indeed :) But it's up to you.

You could make the level up semi-random, instead of giving a dialog to just meditate (random) or focus (select) you could employ an option to choose your state of mind or emotion when entering meditation which would narrow it down to several categories, with each of those categories being internally random.

Did that make sense?

I have a lightside power if you can't think of one. Luke skywalker had emerald lightning in one of the books. That would be very approperiate.

~Frank

Hehe yes, any ideas are welcomed. Could you give me a description of what this power is? I have not read any sw book.

RJM: that is a good idea for the meditation option. Thanks!

hehe, you guys aren't used to me lurking around here too often. this is a really wierd feeling...

anyways, i'm not sure if you really want any help, but if you need help with editting music files (or other audio related editting outside of scripting), i'd be more than willing to lend an ear, err a hand, so to speak. ;)

anyways, i'm not sure if you really want any help, but if you need help with editting music files (or other audio related editting outside of scripting), i'd be more than willing to lend an ear, err a hand, so to speak. ;)

I did ran into a small audio problem. If you are willing to give a hand, I'll PM you the details this evening. There's no emergency in getting it fixed as I still have a lot of work to do. Can't give much details here as it would be a spoiler. Thanks for the offer!

Oh, yes, small update: the mod will also include some new cool models by svösh :D (can't give too many details now as this too would be a spoiler)

I did ran into a small audio problem. If you are willing to give a hand, I'll PM you the details this evening. There's no emergency in getting it fixed as I still have a lot of work to do. Can't give much details here as it would be a spoiler. Thanks for the offer!
just send it over when your ready. i have a lot of time on my hands tonight since i'm off work. ;)

You're welcome D :)

I thought of a small LS/universal if your still wanting more...

It's the inverse of choke, it works similarly to heal and stasis.

The idea is that you imobolize a target (friend or enemy) in a health regenerating field, they can't attack or defend but hitpoints regenerate over time.

Using it on an enemy would immobolize them and provide an opportunity to cut them in half saber-style (a more lightside version of stasis) but giving them an edge if your attacks miss.

Using the power on an ally would render them incapable of attacking, however in the case of an ally it would (either decrease some damage, or allow them to cast buff powers) as well as healing them. If your party member is getting down to the last few HP it's better for them to be immobolized then knocked out.

Nice work there Darth!!

Can't wait for it to be completed.

Had a thought earlier, but couldn't post due to being at work :(

In the Jedi enclave on dantooine (in the room where you come across that irritating git disciple) there's a statue of a jedi with his hand outstretched. Might be a good place to put a holocron if you come up with some more force powers and don't want to make any more additional areas.

Also, will this mod be compatible with the higher force powers mod?

Archived