Home

EA Games lies? Can it be?

ET Warrior

So while it's not a big flat out lie, it seems that those delicious screenshots of madden NFL 360 everyone was eyeballing when they released them back in the day were perhaps a bit of an exaggeration. http://egm.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143540

Can't say I'm surprised that it doesn't look as good as they said it would, what I AM surprised about is how little better it looks than madden '06. '06 just came out this month, are people really going to fork over another 50-60 bucks for the new madden in two months when the graphical improvements are minimal?

The first images were hight resolution images of what the game might look like. At the time the specs for the the next gen systems were not set in stone, so it couldn't have been actual gameplay footage. The new video, which is very low resolution, shows in-game footage that was possibly taken from an early build of the game or of the game played on hardware inferior to the real 360. The same thing happened with the Killzone demo on PS3.

Just wait and see, it's possible it'll turn out much better that you expect, besides the first generation of games on a new console never look as good as 2nd or 3rd generation titles.

My point is not that the first games out look bad and all the games that come out will look bad. I am aware that is not the case. What I laugh at is how EA went so far as to say those early renders were probably even worse than what we will see in-game.

They have two more months, and I highly doubt they'll bring it up even close to those renders. It looks nearly identical to Madden '06, which means they're shipping what will, in essence be the exact same game as '06 with a little shine in only two months. And people will still buy it because they are retarded.

Like I said, we don't know how recent the newly released footage is, but let's assume it's what the final game will look like. We're still comparing this really small and compressed video to the high resolution footage we saw a couple of months ago. You obviously loose a lot of detail due to the small size and poor quality of the video, mainly in the textures department. We can't really see any of the details on the jerseys, faces or field (as in the early footage), but it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Also, note that most of the first footage consists of closeups of player's face and whatnot, however, the new footage looks more like a real game would look like (from father away), but if you were to zoom in on the players, I wouldn't be surprised to see a quality similar to what we saw in the old video. You also have to take into account the fact that the first clip was set in a winter setting, with snowflakes, player's breath, etc. wheras the new clip doesn't offer the same image richness or complexity. Again, the fact that such a high level of detail wasn't shown in the video doesn't mean it won't be part of the final game.

I thought the video, albeit of poor quality, showed impressive graphics. The dynamic lighting, reflections, shadows and models looked very good and very well done to me. And after looking at some screens from the xbox version, I can clearly see a difference. There are no more jaggies, the lighting is much better and the models are made up of much more polygons, the textures on the xbox were also on the low-res side, you really can't compare the two IMO.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see to know for sure.

Well if you watched that video you coulda guessed it was prerendered... I don't recall any gameplay, but its been a while.

Just wait and see, it's possible it'll turn out much better that you expect, besides the first generation of games on a new console never look as good as 2nd or 3rd generation titles.

Well, there are exceptions. A few games, in my opinion, look better than there sequals. EX: Star Fox Adventures Vs. Star Fox Assault. While Assault looks good, I like Adventures' graphics better.

Archived