Home

Another HK-50 reskin

SpaceAlex

Here it is, guys. A couple of you have requested this mod to be re-uploaded, so I have done so. As you may have been able to guess from the new post title, I have also done an HK-51 skin, which is based on my HK-50 skin. If you do not like it, just delete it from your Override folder. The only reason I have made it is because of the upcoming TSL Restoration project, which is said to restore the HK Factory and, with that, the HK-51 droids, which I thought were in need of a makeover aswel.

A couple of old screen shots of the HK-50 (more screen shots can be found on FilePlanet):

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Screen 4

Download from FileFront

From the ReadMe:

============================================================

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II - The Sith Lords MODIFICATION

============================================================

AUTHOR: SpaceAlex

EMAIL: ~snip~

NAME: HK-50 & HK-51 Reskin

CREDITS: Obsidian Entertainment for Kotor II, Fred Tetra for KOTRO Tool, tk102 for KOTOR Savegame Editor.

FILENAME: HK50_HK51_Reskin.zip

FILE SIZE: 1.11 mb zipped, 2.80 mb extracted

DATE RELEASED: February 22, 2008

DESCRIPTION: Not much to say here. Just a simple HK-50 and HK-51 reskin, which makes the infamous droids look shinier and less worn-out. Supposedly, most of them just came fresh out of the factory, so it makes sense.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Unzip, run the installer (TSLPatcher.exe), follow the instructions on the screen.

UNINSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Delete C_HK50.tga, C_HK50.txi, C_HK51.tga, and C_HK51.txi from KOTOR II Override folder. The TSLPatcher also modifies two entries in appearance.2da, but it is unnecessary to change those back to default values in order to get the old skins to display properly.

COMMENTS: I've originally released the HK-50 Reskin back in 2005 - however, since it is no longer possible to download the mod from the original link,

and because some people have requested it to be released again, I have decided to re-upload it to KOTOR Files. As a bonus, I threw in an HK-51 reskin, which is nothing more than a modification of my HK-50 skin. I personally think it makes sense for HK-51's to look similar to HK-50's.

If you do not agree with me, you can always delete the HK-51 skin from your Override folder (be warned that HK-51's will look older than HK-50's if you do this).

BUGS: None that I know.

PERMISSIONS: As long as you give me proper credit, you may do whatever you wish with this mod - no permission from me is required.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES.

USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

• 2 years later...

Two of us have already asked about this, but they deleted our posts for I don't know what reason. People bump old threads where the link doesn't work all the time so I don't see why this occasion was any different.

I've been asking around myself. I asked in this thread (before my post was deleted), PMed the author, and asked in the PCGM link thread in the mod requesting forum; all of which has turned up fruitless thus far. I would really like to have this skin if anyone is listening.

Edit: Please read the PCGM Faq before posting completely off-base statements like this. It is easily seen as it is a stuck thread in this very forum.

Also you should well know that if a post is deleted posting a same or similar post again is worthy of a warning, unless you clear it privately with a staff member first (finding out why it was deleted in the process so you don't do it again, we hope). -RH

I think the problem is that as you allready have noticed asking for links is usually only allowed in the specific thread, and if an autor is "inactive" and therefore cannot be asked for permission its illegal to upload his work somewhere. The only chance you have of getting this mod is if someone still has it and is willing to send you the mod per mail or another way. As the initial post is from 2005 i would guess that no one still has this mod.

I dont have it myself so iam sorry that i cant help you any further.

I'm sorry, RedHawke. I just didn't see why people bump threads like this all the time and it seems to be fine, and mine was not. (And that I wasn't even the thread-bumper, just a random passer-by who saw what he liked and asked about it.) Once again, sorry if I did something wrong.

Well, the author is re-releasing it, so all is well. :)

Edit: And we delete those posts all the time too. But no worries. ;) -RH

I like the green eyes, but doesn't HK-49 from the HK factory mod have almost the same skin?

I am familiar with that mod, though I do not have it installed. However, before you assume anything, you have to remember that I've made this almost 3 years ago. I don't know how old that other mod is, but I doubt it was released before this skin. Not that it matters, mind you. You will be able to make a profound examination of the skin as soon as it becomes available on File Planet. I am sure that you will then come to the realization that the only thing that the skins have in common is that they are both a modification of one of the original HK droid skins.

Thanks for the review ;). However, I would like to mention, if I may, that while the skins are based on the original HK-51 skin, I have changed more than just the eye color - the mouth / speaker or whatever is also different, and, additionally, I have also added an alpha channel, which makes the HK's look shiny - the appearance.2da has to be modified so that the included alpha channel doesn't make them transparent (I'm sure that you already know all this; you probably just didn't want to get technical in the review). Anyway, just thought I should mention it.

P.S. Sorry for packing the backup files together with the mod. It appears that I forgot to delete them when I was testing if the installer works. :giveup:

Thanks for the review ;). However, I would like to mention, if I may, that while the skins are based on the original HK-51 skin, I have changed more than just the eye color - the mouth / speaker or whatever is also different, and, additionally, I have also added an alpha channel, which makes the HK's look shiny - the appearance.2da has to be modified so that the included alpha channel doesn't make them transparent (I'm sure that you already know all this; you probably just didn't want to get technical in the review). Anyway, just thought I should mention it.
I did make an adjustment to the review to reflect those changes. Hopefully that will show to others that you did more than just change the eye color. ;)

P.S. Sorry for packing the backup files together with the mod. It appears that I forgot to delete them when I was testing if the installer works. :giveup:
Not a big deal. Most people don't even care to have their backups anyway it would seem. Hopefully we don't get anybody mad who neglected to read the review later on. :xp:

I did make an adjustment to the review to reflect those changes. Hopefully that will show to others that you did more than just change the eye color. ;)

Thanks, Shem :clap2: That should make me feel better. :xp::lol:

As for Goto's connection with the HK-50's, I've always assumed that Revan was behind their construction, not Goto; perhaps I was mistaken (TSLRP should give a definitive answer to that question). Not that it matters, though; there were plenty of shiny droids on Goto's ship... hell, his whole ship was shiny; I think it's safe to assume that Goto was a (shiny) durasteel nut. :D:lol:

P.S. Thank you all for your positive comments.

As for Goto's connection with the HK-50's, I've always assumed that Revan was behind their construction, not Goto; perhaps I was mistaken (TSLRP should give a definitive answer to that question). Not that it matters, though; there were plenty of shiny droids on Goto's ship... hell, his whole ship was shiny; I think it's safe to assume that Goto was a (shiny) durasteel nut. :D:lol:
The HK-50 design is based of off HK-47, who Revan designed. Basically G0-T0 copied Revan in a way.

G0-T0's ship is going to be nice since it's his personal yacht. The HK-50 units I look as is something used to enforce G0-T0's will. In the case of the Jedi Exile, G0-T0 felt that he/she was causing too much trouble and needed to be captured to stop the troubles the Republic was having so it wouldn't go bankrupt (this includes all Jedi in G0-T0's mind and that is why there was a bounty on them). The HK-50's were mass produced to be ready and do G0-T0's will and in my personal opinion I don't think he would go all out to make them look all neat and shiny when he can use the extra cost to make more HK-50 units. That's just my opinion of how I think G0-T0 would be. Anyway, I still think you did a great job on those skins! :D

• 6 months later...

Archived