Home

How many people like Jedi Academy

RobQel-Droma

How many people like JA (Jedi Academy)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How many people like JA (Jedi Academy)

• Tremendous
    • Excellent
    • Great
    • Good
    • Fair
    • OK
    • Poor
    • Bad
    • Terrible
    • I'm not even going to start.

I played the JK games before KOTOR, and I loved 'em. In case of gameplay JA had many new features I liked (new saber types) along with some nice levels too, but the story was kinda crap. Gotta agree with CaptainSkye with JO, it was much more fun and intense than JA imo.

I played once as DS and once as LS, then tried multiplayer. Nothing is dumber than fighting 6 people saying "stop using lightning". And then saying that you'll fight all 6 of them and they could use lightning and I won't. Then using force absorb and heal. With 6 guys lightninging me to death. Then winning. Then getting booted anyway for 'cheating'.

I voted "Good" I enjoyed it back when it came out, and had some fun at LANs with it. I havent played it in a long while tho...

Luckily I havent had much exposure to the "L4M3Rz" crowd, as all the MP ive ever done has bene at LANs with ppl I know :) one ridiculous but cool thing I remember we used to do when we were getting sick of playing was have "stupid npc tricks".... my fave was binding a key to spawn r2, doing a force jump and pressing that key repeteadly to get r2s stacked ontop of each eacher. I could never get more than about 11 :p

mtfbwya

Yeah, I liked it about until five times through, then I just played it for lack of anything else to play (this was before I had KOTOR). After that, I pretty just had fun with the cheats, especially with the npc spawn <whoever>, or with the playermodel cheat. I would make my playermodel boba fett, enabling me to use his jetpack in place of force jump and flamethrower in place of lightning. Or having me and Luke and Kyle fight Desann, Tavion and Alora.

As far as everything else, I hated the jumping level with the sand creatures. The whole point to that sorry level was getting parts for your ship while not walking on bare sand. I actually like a lot of the levels (the second set of five I liked all of the levels), but everything else wasn't that great. And I was really dissapointed with the dual sabers, they were probably the worst of the saber styles. And why do all the dark jedi and jedi force push back the lightning fast concussion missiles when I still can't force push them back myself even when I have rank 3 speed on?

I've pushed em before, tough stuff.

But... contrary to what I posted here, I played JKA again today! On Kurgan's Meatgrinder, Gins + Saber, with Full Force. It was cool. Siege and Capture the flag, although some losers were complaining about people only using guns... and not having skill. Meh, it happens, I just said "Shut up and play" and surprisingly, they did. :D

I hate "jumping exercises." Why do developers keep putting them in. I personally have never heard anyone say "Yay, I get to spend 20min trying to jump to a ledge!!!"

Maybe some people like them? I donno.

My theories: They use them as filler to make the game seem longer, or maybe they think people like them......

As far as everything else, I hated the jumping level with the sand creatures. The whole point to that sorry level was getting parts for your ship while not walking on bare sand.

That level was the reason I started looking for cheat codes. "npc kill all" would fortunately kill all the worms and respawners so you can just ignore the silly jumping and walk around to get the repair parts. :)

And why do all the dark jedi and jedi force push back the lightning fast concussion missiles when I still can't force push them back myself even when I have rank 3 speed on?

Probably the same reason as why they dodge all disruptor shot and push or deflect everything else, they never take falling/impact damage and they never run out of Force (very noticable when they use Absorb/Protect since they get all the benefits but none of the disadvantages). They cheat, a lot. :) The only weapon (except lightsabers) they can't pretty much fully defend themselves against is the Alt-fire of the EMP gun it seems. :roleyess:

However, it is possible to force push the concussion blasts, it just requires perfect timing. Push a fraction of a second too early or too late and it won't work. So it's more a matter of luck than anything, unless you're in Force Speed/Rage slow motion. :)

Actually, you can dodge disrupter bullets too, fully charged. They do take fall damage, in fact, some take more damage than the player does. Considering they have the force you can't expect them to get hurt jumping off a 10 ft. ledge, I mean, you can fall about 30 ft and not take any damage. They do run out of force as well, most of them have a smaller force pool than you do.

MP can be good once and a while; the modding was ok. I skinned for JA a few times: nothing spectacular.

Of course skinning is nothing spectacular. You never got into mapping, or even better... scripting. Man, its tough at first, but when you get it, you get it. And there is *almost* nothing you can't do... really... I did so much stuff with scripting... it was crazy... It was awesome. That was the highlight of my JKA modding career.

Actually, you can dodge disrupter bullets too, fully charged.

Every once in a while at random, if you are lucky. They do it 99% of the time. Quite a bit of difference. :)

They do take fall damage, in fact, some take more damage than the player does.

Technically yes, but they either take no damage at all, or they take instakill (1000+) damage. Nothing inbetween at all, unlike the player where you take damage depending on how you fall. You can smash them into walls, toss them halfway across the map etc without them taking a single point of damage.

They do run out of force as well, most of them have a smaller force pool than you do.

I've never ever seen them run out of force. They can run around for minutes with Absorb+Protection on and push/pull liberally and force jump at will without any problems. I suspect that while they do have a force pool, they don't actually use it for their powers. :)

Every once in a while at random, if you are lucky. They do it 99% of the time. Quite a bit of difference.

Yeah, the whole dodge thing was just wrong. I mean, they dodge the disruptor, they push back the concussion missiles and rockets, they deflect the heavy repeater, the E-11, the DL-44, the DEMP-2, and the bowcaster. And yes, I do believe that they have unlimited force. I mean, one time in a fight I saw a guy use force rage FIVE stinkin times, WITHOUT healing himself once. The thing about it is, is that Rage uses your health 25 points at a time, and you can't use it unless you have 25 or more vitality points. So, that means that this reborn jedi must have started out with 150 health!!!

i like the choices of sabers and the fact that it was more about technique than jk2

THe choice of sabers was nice, and so was the fact that you could skip missions. Actually, I never did, because every mission you complete you get a force power. The AI wasn't that great either, my fellow Jedi would run off a cliff trying to get to a dark jedi half a mile away.

As for Jaden's fall to the dark side, it was so abrupt. I mean, come on, I'm not even thinking about going to the dark side and all of a sudden he starts getting angry and is about to kill someone. And then, when I don't choose the dark path, Jaden is so horrified and sorry that he almost went to the dark side.

And now, onto cheating, the only really fun part about it now if you have beaten it. Have you ever spawn a sand creature and then a rancor and then watch the sand creature pull the rancor down into solid rock? Once I spawned one on a bridge 100 ft. above ground and it didn't fall through, it just stayed there like it was in the sand. Of course, then I have gone into god mode and killed 5 rancors. Or spawned Rosh, Luke, Kyle, and a Jedi version of Jan, and then fought Tavion, Desann, Alora, and then some dark jedi. Or given myself rank FOUR mind trick, which allows you to take over the enemys and play as them for a little bit or until they die.

Archived