Home

More KOTOR III Possibilty News! (KOTOR MMO Confirmed?)

kookaburra

Myself, i think there are 2 options:

Obsidian or Bioware

Since Obsidian already showed loyalty to quikly make a game (It doens't matter if it's a f*ck-up to Lucasarts) and they know the engine. They are the ones with the biggest chance.

The ideal Kotor 3 would be made by Bioware. But Lucasarts needs a developer that they can put pressure on, and that they can blame for a bad game.Bioware doens't like to be pushed around, and does what it likes. That's what makes their games so good.So they won't make K3.

Sorry for the cynism, but since trials of obi-Wan (with Hk-47 ffs!) and kotor 2, i've lost al faith in Lucasarts.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spoke with LucasArts the other day and the spokesperson said that they see the series as a franchise, an ongoing franchise, which means that yes, they certainly will make another game. But don't count on BioWare making that game.

I've read that a long time ago about KOTOR being a frachise. The thing is a storyline has to be developed first and approved before KOTOR III comes out.

It's been said countless times by Obsidian that their unnamed project (Project New Jersey) is "not a sequel". K3 would in fact be considered a sequel. Thus, unless Obsidian is lying or stretching the truth, PNJ is not K3.

Well, I was thinking that they might be trying to mislead since kotor has been a pretty good money making series, and a new tittle would leave alot to chance. Also these developers are really secretive about what they are working on and seem to thrive on keeping us in missery while we wait. it's almost like a drug that they dangle in our faces, the rats.

Well, I was thinking that they might be trying to mislead since kotor has been a pretty good money making series, and a new tittle would leave alot to chance. Also these developers are really secretive about what they are working on and seem to thrive on keeping us in missery while we wait. it's almost like a drug that they dangle in our faces, the rats.

Yeah, but they wouldn't have stated in no uncertain terms that it is NOT a sequel. All they had to do was just saying nothing. Keep quiet. But they chose to actually comment on the fact their next game is not a sequel.

i say let em work on it till its good not rushed

Well said!!

I was truly upset about KOTOR 2 being rushed...because of all the bugs and glitches.

I say the longer it takes for them to work on it...the less bugs and glitches there will be (hopefully!)...

But...I agree with you 100%. ALTHOUGH, it WOULD stink if it came out in 2009. 2007 is a LITTLE more bareable than 2009..but...that would mean I'd have to get the next-gen XBOX console. And the way I figure is... I already have the original XBOX (that cost over $100 --less than $200), why should I have to use another almost $200 to buy ANOTHER Xbox.

^ The only good thing is..the next-gen XBOX will be able to play games from the ORIGINAL Xbox! (that means...the games I have NOW..won't go to waste! -----Although...I'd have to start all my games over from scratch...UNLESS Microsoft® develops a way to transfer game information and soundtracks on your XBOX hardrive over to the hardrive for the Xbox360 <--that would be a REALLY.NICE.FEATURE (anyone agree with me??).).

That's my $0.02

Joshua

• 2 weeks later...

[NEW] More KOTOR III Speculation (UPDATED 25TH OCTOBER)

Hello here is more KOTOR III speculation I got from some who posted this on gamespot.

KOTOR 3 is confirmed

Came with an ominous - and rather high quality - 'Confidnetial' case file presented in a 'top secret dossier' kinda way

23 360 games to be fully unveiled in 2006-2007

In a somewhat alphabetical order

Avalon

BC

'Secret Bioware Game' (most likely Mass Effect)

Brute Force 2

Chronicles of Riddick 2

Fable 2

GTA6

Half-Life 3

Forza Motorsport 2

Halo 3

Hitman 5

'The Man With no Name' game (Clint Eastwood)

Jade Empire 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Outrun : Coast 2 Coast

Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Rallisport Challange 3

The Sims 3

Splinter Cell 5

Star Wars : KOTOR III

Turok Next

Unreal Tournament 2007

WWE Wrestlemania 360

source: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=SWBFU

I don't wanna confirm or prove anything, but i read a very high qualified Games magazine, the Power Unlimited.

They have confirmed most of the games in the list:

-Pro Evo 6: They (PU) have tested pro evo 5, and the producer said they where making another one, to counter the improving Fifa.

-Half Life 3: We will get Aftermath. But EA bought Valve, and knowing EA...they will make a Half Life 2006/2007 and a Hl-Undergound (just kiddin)

-UT 2007: Already confirmed, and well under way

-Ninja Gaiden 2: Seen something of it...supposed to be X-Box 360 game

-Halo 3: Bungee didn't show it (yet), so it will be a X-Box 360 launchgame

-GTA 6: Rockstar licensed some names, the list was published in the Power Unlimited, there where about 6-7 of them.

This might be a little off-topic, but all i want to say is:

The list is relatively good, in my opinion.

I woudn't be surprised if K3 is made in secret, so Uncle Bill has a secret weapon if the PS3 or the Revolution would do better than the X-360.

I woudn't be surprised if K3 is made in secret, so Uncle Bill has a secret weapon if the PS3 or the Revolution would do better than the X-360.

Not really sure I'd call K3 a "secret weapon". Compared to games like Halo and GTA it isn't a big seller, so it's not like it'll be that spectacular, break through title that will swing the tide in the Xbox360's favor. In terms of the video game market, I'd say Kotor is a niche game. Certainly not the kind that would warrant being kept secret to unveil at an opportune time to the public to help console sales.

[NEW] More KOTOR III Speculation (UPDATED 25TH OCTOBER)

Hello here is more KOTOR III speculation I got from some who posted this on gamespot.

KOTOR 3 is confirmed

Came with an ominous - and rather high quality - 'Confidnetial' case file presented in a 'top secret dossier' kinda way

23 360 games to be fully unveiled in 2006-2007

In a somewhat alphabetical order

Avalon

BC

'Secret Bioware Game' (most likely Mass Effect)

Brute Force 2

Chronicles of Riddick 2

Fable 2

GTA6

Half-Life 3

Forza Motorsport 2

Halo 3

Hitman 5

'The Man With no Name' game (Clint Eastwood)

Jade Empire 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Outrun : Coast 2 Coast

Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Rallisport Challange 3

The Sims 3

Splinter Cell 5

Star Wars : KOTOR III

Turok Next

Unreal Tournament 2007

WWE Wrestlemania 360

Hmmmm... When is E3? It is most likely that there we will find out about KOTOR 3. Please let it be true!

P.S. Woot! Fable 2! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'd agree, its just a question of who will make it and when it will be out. Both Kotor games sold a lot of copies so if just for the money, they will make it, no doubt. That list for 2006/7 seems a bit odd though ... GTA 6? The next GTA will be GTA 4 since GTA 3 (Liberty City) was also some sort of a trilogy start that found its conclusion in GTA San Andreas. So despite Vice City being "technically" GTA 4 and SA being GTA 5, that is actually not the case. Oh well, they prolly just did the number game... GTA is THE perfect example for an ongoing franchise though, which I believe Kotor will be too. I'd say we will see more than just one Kotor game in the next couple years.

UPDATED 15TH NOVEMBER 2005

Hello I was just browsing Obsisidian and I came across this. thought you might like to read this:

More KOTOR III hints? here you go...

But while Obsidian is hard at work trying to finish up Neverwinter Nights 2 for a summer release, they're also hard at work on another unannounced project. All we have at the moment is speculation based off of some concept art of dwarves resembling those popularized by Snow White but we do know is that this new game will use Unreal Engine 3. Urquhart also mentioned their desire to do a Knights of the Old Republic 3 should LucasArts desire it in the future. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

source:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/666/666403p3.html

enjoy

-Bas

While this isn't directly related to KotOR 3 news it is related to the current state of LucasArts. I found this info on LucasArts while perusing an MSNBC article about games being released for the Xbox 360...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10033500/

Good news that LucasArts is doing better since their management shakeup. Unfortunately it only mentions something about an Indiana Jones game being released in 2007. I couldn't care less about that.

But... they have been hiring 200 developers, engineers, and animators for work on games for the new generation of consoles coming out starting with the XBox 360. Hopefully that means that KotOR 3 will be factored in there somewhere. But I'm left wondering that if they move forward with producing KotOR 3 are they going to use an outside developer like Obsidian or will they do it in-house? And if MacLeodCorp's posted link to the GameBanshee forums posting is accurate then Obsidian hasn't even been contacted about doing KotOR 3.

Archived