Home

Are the new Marvel games any good?

narfblat

X-men legends 1 was cool. X-men legends 2 says it will improve apon xmen legends one, greatly, with a new story, characters, and gameplay, and other additional things (like online play)

Ultimate Spidey- Looks really cool, plus I heard it was free roaming like the last spidey game, and venom is in it, so yeah... cooooool.

I have to wonder if the inclusion of venom has something to do with the spidey 3 venom rumors!

X-men legends 1 was cool. X-men legends 2 says it will improve apon xmen legends one, greatly, with a new story, characters, and gameplay, and other additional things (like online play)

Ultimate Spidey- Looks really cool, plus I heard it was free roaming like the last spidey game, and venom is in it, so yeah... cooooool.

I have to wonder if the inclusion of venom has something to do with the spidey 3 venom rumors!

Isn't Ultimate supposed to be separate from the movie licence? Like the comics are separate from the original storylines?

Ive been playing X-Men Legends 2 for over a week or so and it is awesome. Ultimate Spiderman is based on the comics that are out today. It has nothing to do with the story of the movies. Venom was included in the game to tell the story from another point of view to more complete the story. They have a thing on it of G4, which is pretty cool. Tells alot of how they made the game and how Spiderman got to be a big thing. X-Men Legends 2 is worth the buy, has a great storyline and plus you can play online, but I havent seen many servers inside the game. I havent tried going into Gamespy yet. Plus both games are priced at 30 dollars each. Also the Ultimate Spidey comics are based off the very first spiderman comics, but story lines are updated to todays times. Instead of Parker being a photographer he is a website designer.

$30 each?!!!

I just hope Xlegends has a good ending. My main complaints were:

Magneto was easy. Too easy.

He wasn't even the final boss. And mastermold... well... that general dude was stupid... and sucked as a last boss. I was hoping for some kind of crazy save the universe battle with Magneto, not... kick his butt... then fight a general in a robot.

Other than that, loved the game. It was really cool, plus, Co-op with friends is fun (unless they suck!)

Just don't get Marvel Nemesis - Rise of the Imperfects... its supposed to be pants.

Ultimate spiderman is supposed to be pretty similar to Spiderman 2. The storyline is supposed to be a bit improved, and the cell shaded graphics are supposed to look quite cool. Unfortunately they have simplified the swinging system so yu can only have one line at a time, and its still supposed to be pretty repetetive. So it has the same strengths and weaknesses as spidermn 2.

Which means it should still be pretty fun, but i'd get Hulk Ulitmate Destruction if you want a free-ranging superhero game.

i didnt like the changes in Ultimate Spiderman, i found it way harder to control spidey,and the over simplified fighting system lost a lot of my fav moves and combos :s

Yes I played ultimate spiderman.The city did have much to it but thing where a little restricted.Spiderman 2 web swing is so much better,and also the fighting.I mean you cant even ues his webs in battle like spiderman2.

Venom is cool though.I like the thing about unlocking the cool coustoms.It rocks playing the geeky hot looking parker.LOL

I'm getting Ultimate Spiderman (for free!) to review for GamerDad - it should arrive early next week, so I'll let you know.

I'm going to be grabbing X-Men Legends II for the PSP when it comes out next week for the PSP (my $), and will also be reporting on that one.

The PC/console versions of both have gotten good reviews, but as reported the Marvel Nemesis game is supposed to be 'teh sux0r' on all platforms.

Mike

Archived