Home

Jedi Knights: Masters of the Force

Shana

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Borown put on the blindfold and waited...then ignited his saber and engaged in all sorts of combat: deflection, parrying, slicing, blocking and whatnot, and he was a blur, using the force as his guide and getting rid of all senses, even hearing. he was doing quite well for himself, he was hardly draining energy. Back in the observation room his only friend just stood there, jaw dropped watching him. Borown kept going, he dodged, parried, jumed, blocked, sliced, rolled, deflected and was everywhere where an attack wasn't while making attacks. He was doing it.

Some time later Borown was getting so very close to the mark. He was dead though, so tired and so physcially and mentally hurt it was so hard. But he kept going, for one reason. Flamehart seemed cocky to Borown, and he hated that in anyone, this was not to show Borown's skills but to show Flamehart that he is not special. Borown was nearing the mark, he didn't care he kept going. Delfecting, slicing , parrying and dodging Borown was no longer a human in mindset, he was some sort of beast mixed with the force. When Borown knew he was past the mark, he was done and he gave the signal to cut it. It was cut immediatly. Borown walked out of the training area, and fell to the ground.

((I sense the Dark Side in Borown :p ))

Briana and Gavin approached the Knight V followed by Alyssa and Riebe. Gavin continued on to the ship while Briana and the other women slowed to say their final good-byes. When this was done, Briana followed her brother's trail and Alyssa and Riebe moved away to the little two-seat starfighter Riebe had been using since the time of the Sith Hunters.

Briana approached Lyla. "Did I hear you saying something about Tai and comparing the annoyance with the annoyance of having Fir along?" She chuckled and turned to Fir. "You've quite outdone yourself, Sawyer," she said. "Is it your goal in life to be despised?"

Strider shrugged as he entered the ship, sensing fully well the drained energy of Borown, but didn't bring it up. He instead said to Lyla, "We still have one more on the way I believe, if he decides to come. As for the kid, I'll keep an eye out for him as much as the rest of you. I know some of you," he paused, nodding at Fir, and implying Borown, "Won't need as much supervision as others. I can sense they have an idea of the kind of procedure we'll be going through investigating these unknown Force-users, and giving them cliché phrases and choice of words will only further provoke the rolling of eyes and such from them. Now I'm in no way saying I'm not responsible for them, or that I won't aid them, I'm just saying they don't need a babysitter, because they seem pretty routine on what they have to do."

He turned, nodding at Briana and Gavin, "As for them...they were around Riebe, Alyssa, and the rest of them. I better watch out because they've sure to have picked up some dangerous habits from those women," he said with a grin.

Strider grinned, seeming a bit more awake now, and answered him, "Your sarcastic nature is a pure front for your skill. You annoy people to hell because they'll think less of you, then you get to show them up when you save their lives. I had a friend when I was a Jedi who was the same, showed me up too a few times. That's how I know."

Lyla was standing inside the ship now, she was sensing Borown, she knew that he had broken the record, but she sensed too much darkness inside him as he did it, she suddenly felt a cold shiver when she sensed Borown fall to the ground.

She had tried to break the record many times, and had been too close, but she felt that she had to give in to frustration and anger to break it and she was afraid of it, so she always quit a little behind the mark, but she knew Borown would stop at nothing to prove Flamehart wasn't that special even though her heart told her that Flamehart was special but for other reasons than just a stupid record.

There was an incoming transmition from Luke.

- "Lyla, we can't wait any longer, I've arranged for Borown and Tai to meet you on the planet's surface with Kyle and Mara, so go now and may the force be with you" - Luke said and the transmition ended.

- "Well...let's go" - Lyla said and sat down on the pilot's seat and directed the ship to Serenno, after getting to space she inserted the cooordinates and made the jump to lightspeed.

- "Well...we're on our way" - Lyla said.

Strider, as he had said on Yavin, was now fully awake once they had exited Yavin's orbit. He looked around for a minute, then approached Lyla in the drivers seat and sat next to her for a moment, he leaned over and muttered, "Did you sense it as well? About Borown, I mean. I felt what he did, but I'm questioning if it was done for the right reasons. I felt the dark side's presence, and I've heard that many students gave up on the records due to frustration stemming from it, and I'm thinking his was caused by it, but there's no way to tell for sure. Setting the record was quite a feat myself, and I was no older than seventeen when I first started training on those tests, and I finally set that record when I was nineteen. I had no idea what I would cause in later generations by causing it. In fact, over 4000 years I'dve thought some Jedi would have broken it by now."

"Perhaps you're better than you thought you were," Briana suggested. "I know Alyssa came close... and so have Gavin and I, but we've never hit or surpassed the mark."

Gavin said nothing. For all his people skills and abilities to manipulate them, he had a strong dislike for all machinery but his lightsabers. He had a hard time understanding people like his sister, who played with machines any chance she got... he half-smiled at the thought and knew that, if she got the chance, she'd be tinkering with the ship's systems before they got to Serenno.

Strider shrugged, "I had a lot of patience and self control. I was never angry about anything regarding those tests, and I set a brutal training regimen to get me up that far. You wouldn't believe the burns I had on my body from weeks of training blindfolded, learning how to rely on either your other senses, or completely indulging yourself in just the senses of the Force. Eventually I got the result I desired, and it devoured energy from my body just doing it. I've since refined it and can do it for much longer periods of time. I shall stop speaking of it though, I sound like I am boasting."

"Yes," Briana laughed. "Yes, you do." She sat in silence for a moment, simply looking around the cockpit of the ship. Finally, she sighed and unstrapped herself.

"I'm going to have a look around," she said. "I've seen the specs of this type of ship, but have never had the pleasure of examining one first hand."

Gavin chuckled despite his dislike for space flight as he watched his sister move out of the cockpit.

"That girl can't get enough of machines," he muttered. "Never will understand that..."

He raised his voice so she could hear him. "You can tinker with the ship so long as you don't electrocute yourself or pull us out of hyperspace or destabilize the ship."

A few seconds later, Briana's head popped back into the cockpit and she glared at her brother. "I'd be worried about you causing those problems..." a taunting smile came to her face, "... if you could pull yourself out of that chair to tinker at all."

With that, she left again and Gavin rolled his eyes. His hands were clasped tightly on the armrests of his chair and he refused to look out of the cockpit.

Strider shrugged and replied, "I'm not attempting to boast. I'm confident in my ability, yes, but not at all boastful and gloating."

He then looked at Gavin curiously, then decided to ask, "Got a phobia for space travel there, Gavin? You seem a bit stiff there."

"Technology in general," Gavin muttered. "Briana joked about it just a second ago. Ya know, that about how she doubted I could get out of the chair?" He shook his head. "The only piece of technology I trust is my lightsabers... and that's because I made them." He glanced over his shoulder, but couldn't see Briana.

"She on the other hand is at home enough with technology to tinker with a moving ship!" Gavin shuddered.

Sawyer, meanwhile, went to the back of the ship to get some more sleep, he wanted to be fully functional once they got to Seranno. He went back to a small room that had a bunk, and laid down.

=====

The woman looked down at him, her expression sad. She was holding a blaster.

"I'm sorry, Fir" she said, and pulled the trigger.

=======

Fir once again woke hard, suppressing a yell. He was clutching his lower chest, where the scar still remained.

So much for sleeping well without the alcohol.

- "I'm worried" - Lyla said to Strider breaking off their conversation.

- "I got closest to beating the record and he always saw me do it, but I never compleated it because of what you said... frustration... but a while ago I felt him break the record, but all that emotion that came off him hit me like a rock in the chest and makes me feel uneasy for him, but it is not your fault to have made that record, your abilities were natural at that time, you were an exceptional student of the force... many of us are lucky just to be students" - Lyla ended.

The machines started to beep around them, then an alarm sounded, Lyla slowed down the ship and went out of hyperspace, the planet was surrounded by ships with similar designs to the Star Destroyers.

- "Well, those don't look friendly, someone man the turrets just in case it gets ugly" - Lyla said.

The Ships around the planet were creating a blockade, it was clear that whatever they were doing they wanted to bast anyone who tried to stop them, the alarm sounded again, several advanced tie fighters were coming fast against them.

- "Fir! Ties at point 06" - Lyla shouted through the comm.

"GOT EM!"

Sawyer managed to shoot down the first wave before they got within their own firing range. He was an exeptional marksman in turrets, thanks largely to his experience before joining the order. He saw the ships preparing a second, larger wave. He aimed and begun firing.

- "At this rate we'll be landing in no time, if Fir can keep it up" - Lyla said.

She put on the coordinates to the landing zone and swooped beside a ship and entered the planet's atmosphere, and they touched down on the ground in a platform neear the palace of Serenno.

- "Well now they know we are here we'll have to speed up, otherwise they'll escape" - Lyla said.

Briana hurried into the cockpit, took one look at what they were up against and hurried out again. Gavin grimaced.

"If she's doing what I think she's doing..." he began. Then, he shook his head. "Prepare to accelerate far beyond what you thought this ship could take at sublight..."

Only a few seconds later, Gavin clutched harder at his armrests as the ship accelerated, flying straight through the second wave of fighters before they truly understood what had happened to their target. The ship sped past the blockade and into the atmosphere before the heavier weapons on the larger ships could lock onto their target and Gavin yelled, "Enough!"

As soon as Gavin yelled, the ship slowed back to its original speed and continued in its course down toward the surface of Serenno. Briana returned to the cockpit and stared out at the surface, grinning happily.

"Good, yeah?" she said. Gavin shuddered.

"What did we talk about last time you did that?" he scolded. Briana laughed.

"To always do it when it's necessary," she answered. Gavin moaned and put his face in his hands.

Archived